another reused storyline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another reused storyline

This episode is very similar to the SG1 episode prisoners where General Hammond goes through the gate to negotiate for SG-1's release, in this case it is Woolsey that goes through.
    this is not the first re-used plotline either.

I can't believe they made two episodes with both a Stargate, a trial of a captured team and a negotiator from home base coming to their aid!
    Someone less lazy list the differences.

All debts have now been reused.
    The initial shock and disappointment in the Atlantis cancellation has faded, but its still looking like more and more of a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Jack View Post
      This episode is very similar to the SG1 episode prisoners where General Hammond goes through the gate to negotiate for SG-1's release, in this case it is Woolsey that goes through.
      I dont see you writing anything better? Unless im wrong, wut shows are you writing so i can see if any of their plots can be called recycled.

Comment

havent seen inquisition yet but,

Prisoners deals with SG1's escape from a prison, and Hammond just happens to go negotiate for there release, the story wouldn't have lost anything if Hammond didn't go.

Where as in inquisition, it all about the trial,

if your going to compare it to an episode compare it to Politics or Disclosure.
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

You have to be kidding me. That was a minor minor part of Prisioners. People will do almost anything to yell rehash
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            You have to be kidding me. That was a minor minor part of Prisioners. People will do almost anything to yell rehash
            Thank You.
            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              I dont see you writing anything better? Unless im wrong, wut shows are you writing so i can see if any of their plots can be called recycled.
              Is the episode so horrible that you cannot logically defend it and have to resort to ad hominem?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Jack View Post
                You sound surprised. Recycled plots is a stargate specialty.

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                I've seen fan fics that are better!!!! So, yes....regular, everyday people can write better. Just imagine how much better stagate would be if the professionals wrote professionally!
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

The writers had always wanted to do an episode where SG-1 was judged for their crimes. I think they originally wanted it to be a trial held by the Aschen and an Asgard was going to be the judge.

Comment

The Asurans were a reused plotline, the Asgard were a reused plotline, this was not a reused plotline.
                    Meh.

Comment

who cares if they reused a storyline or not, Inquisition is a clip ep, that is the absolute bottom rung in lazy script writting. Maybe that wasted 40mins could be given back to me in clip form

Comment

Actually its more money saving then lazyiness.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                          You sound surprised. Recycled plots is a stargate specialty.

I've seen fan fics that are better!!!! So, yes....regular, everyday people can write better. Just imagine how much better stagate would be if the professionals wrote professionally!

Thankyou!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                            The Asurans were a reused plotline, the Asgard were a reused plotline, this was not a reused plotline.
                            When have those storylines ever been used before?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              When have those storylines ever been used before?

They killed off the Asgard, now we see them again in Atlantis - reusing an established race/characters. They also kind of made the Peguses Agards like the Loki from the milky way, something that was dealt with a lot better on SG1. Turning the Asgards into villians was a mistake, they can't let them go - which makes it look like they (TPTB) have no originality and Atlantis is suffering for it.

The only original thing in Atlantis is the Wraith, and even then, they are just vampires in space, with a dice of Goa'uld thrown in for good measure. As a whole the whole series is crumbling, and I keep watching only hoping that they can get back to the glory days.

Spoiler:
                              R.I.P ATLANTIS

Comment

Working...
                              X