Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU Fanfic yet?

Hey all!
    I was thinking of writing some SGU fanfic... even though no episodes have aired yet. (Based solely on the premise outlined by Brad Wright and the casting call)
    Is this kosher?
    I'm new here, so let me know!
    sigpic

If you have Twitter, end all your Tweets with #SGU! Here's why!

~*~*~Shal kek nem ron~*~*~

I am not sure it kosher. But as long as you put on all the MGM copyright notices it should be alright. Just copy one from the few fanfics around and just SGU to them.

I have been tempted my self to write what I want to happen in the first few minutes of them arriving on the ship. In my version they will very quickly learn that no matter what they think, they are not gonna be the one in charge on the destiny, and if they gonna mess around with either the ship or any of its on board passengers they better be prepared to pay with their lives.

Through I have been to busy to get writing it.

Comment

You can write whatever you want, provided you put disclaimers on it, as per usual with all fics.

The only reason you might not want to write a fic yet is becasue, as soon as the show does air or even before then if character details change, your fic will in no way be canon. People might not be as interested in reading it then. But that's completely your call, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by sbz View Post
        The only reason you might not want to write a fic yet is becasue, as soon as the show does air or even before then if character details change, your fic will in no way be canon. People might not be as interested in reading it then. But that's completely your call, of course.
        You have to admit though, the act of writing fanfiction to a show that is yet to be aired is brilliant from the philosophical standpoint. It would have taken the concept of simulacrum to a whole new level. Baudrillard would have been delighted, had he not died last year.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
        X