This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeline of the ship launch

I surmise that it occurred before the Ori/Alteran split?

Or "height" of the Ancient civilization means it was launched from the Milky Way? (after the split, height of the scientist faction)

That means there's no "height" of the Alteran civilization (before the Ori/scientists split) since I would consider the time just before the schism (or war) would be the height.

Originally posted by h22chen View Post
    I surmise that it occurred before the Ori/Alteran split?

Or "height" of the Ancient civilization means it was launched from the Milky Way? (after the split, height of the scientist faction)

That means there's no "height" of the Alteran civilization (before the Ori/scientists split) since I would consider the time just before the schism (or war) would be the height.
    they hadnt created the stargate before the split no i reckon they launched it before fleeing pegasus

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
      they hadnt created the stargate before the split no i reckon they launched it before fleeing pegasus
      My understanding is it was launched before atlantis was built.

it couldnt have been launched before the split as stargates (apparantly) didnt exist untill the alterans left the home galaxy.
      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

It's a seeder ship... so I'd imagine it was launched from Earth. It's the first wave that seeds life and Stargates through out a Galaxy. That's my guess.

Comment

Altearns landed on Dakar first so it might have been launched from there but it was after the split and before the run to Pegasuses.

Comment

I always understood that the Ori / Alteran were once a single race living together in far way galaxy. Until civil-War forced the ‘Alterans’ to escape and try seek sanctuary far away within the Milkway galaxy. Sometime later a virus epidemic forced the Alteran to leave the milk-way galaxy and yet again seek sanctuary within the Pegasus galaxy. Later having to returning too Earth to escaping the Wrath. Could completely wrong as some episodes of SG/SA contradict each other in the telling of ‘gate-world’ history.

Comment

I would assume the height of the Ancient civilization would be considered either during the construction of Vis Uban when the plague broke out, or during the Ancients time in Atlantis when they were at their most advanced technologically. I doubt it would have been any time before the split with the Ori.

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. =)

I thought that the Stargate were available before the schism, but it looks like the Ori developed their own version later then. Thanks.

Comment

It seems to me that the Destiny going by the concept art was built ALONG time before Atlantis was built. Million years or more maybe. Im guessing it was sent out maybe 500k to 1 million years after making their home in MW.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                    My understanding is it was launched before atlantis was built.

it couldnt have been launched before the split as stargates (apparantly) didnt exist untill the alterans left the home galaxy.

it may have been lanched either befor or after the alteran/ori split, it is hard to speculate. however the gates in the ori galaxy and the pegasus are what i call mk2 gates, the milkey way gates are mk1 (pegasus and ori galaxy gates are didital dialers ((the whole address is dialed at once)) the milkey gates are analogue dialers ((each part of the address is dialed seperate)) this differance i assume to be an advancement made to the gates by the ancients. perhaps the gates on milkey way were placed by hand in th first wave where as the pegasus and ori gates were sent by remote ship (the destiny) as a phase 2) hence newr gates. and by that same dint the ori would have known there were gates in the galaxy they fled to because the destiny left before they did

Comment

i think my gate theory is sound

Comment

It supposedly launched millions of years before Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                          It supposedly launched millions of years before Atlantis.
                          true but unfortunatly for us there is no set out "official" time line to the gate systems incept, but i do recolect a line in an episide saying that the alterans/ori came TO this galaxy before the split (the galaxy was never named) but it was hinted that it wasnt pegasus of the ori galaxy so maybe there is a forth galaxy where it all began. i wonder if the is an ark to alteran tech ie the gates and the destiny were built/set in motion at the height of advancement, whilst atlantis and aurora ships came during the decline (were tech secrets lost by this time, after all the destiny is millions of years old, whats powering it, what are its defences. zpm's run out and so do drones, mmaybe it can manufacture its own (wouldnt that be cool?)

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                            what are its defences. zpm's run out and so do drones, mmaybe it can manufacture its own (wouldnt that be cool?)
                            This is all things I am very curious about. I think we are gonna be aboard a city ship as it was designed to follow the seeder ship and colonize galaxies. Im guessing the tech we will find there won't be too far off from the tech the Alterans had when they left their home galaxy. This will do 2 things. 1. The tech level will be so much lower then we are used to so they can actually use the tech unlike in Atlantis where it would make us unbeatable so they rarely use tech. And 2. They can create a new enemy without creating an enemy stronger then the Ancients were at their height.

I don't think the writers will ever make a race more advanced then the Ancients were. And this is a good thing IMO. Several MILLION years of advancements.

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                              true but unfortunatly for us there is no set out "official" time line to the gate systems incept, but i do recolect a line in an episide saying that the alterans/ori came TO this galaxy before the split (the galaxy was never named) but it was hinted that it wasnt pegasus of the ori galaxy so maybe there is a forth galaxy where it all began. i wonder if the is an ark to alteran tech ie the gates and the destiny were built/set in motion at the height of advancement, whilst atlantis and aurora ships came during the decline (were tech secrets lost by this time, after all the destiny is millions of years old, whats powering it, what are its defences. zpm's run out and so do drones, mmaybe it can manufacture its own (wouldnt that be cool?)
                              The Alterans came to this galaxy after the split from the Ori.

Comment

Working...
                              X