This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small question about actors & continuity

Hello everyone! My name is Marco and i'm writing from italy.
    First of all, sorry for my horrible english....
    but i'd like to ask you all a couple question.
    I'm watching now series 4 of sg1 and i discovered about 2 movies that were released this year.

First question: at the beginning of the first one, they speak about a SUPERGATE and other events that i never heard.... is that because i must first watch season 10?

Second question is : WHY Richard dean anderson, one of my favorite actors EVER is not on that 2 movies? is there any special reason?
    Thanks For eventual answers
    Bye

First, your english is better than many english speaking posters here. Second, you need to watch all seasons for the movies to make sense. There are spoiler sites out there to check but I am not going to spoil things for you. Watch and enjoy.
    sigpic

Comment

Richard Dean Anderson left the show in season 8. The first movie is based off events in 9 and 10 (the ones he wasn't in), so he isn't in that. He is however in the second one.
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Simple answer: Yes, watch the seasons in order then the movies, and it all make sense.

If I were, when you get to season 8, third Ep, start Atlantis, you dont have to, theres not many links but I think its good to do so.

Your English is better than mine and its my first language.
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I highly recommend you watch all the SG-1 seasons in order then the two films. It will build up nicely.

Atlantis can be watched seperately but is best watched alongside sg-1.

If you cant wait just watch the second film - continuum.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carrollwoman View Post
            I highly recommend you watch all the SG-1 seasons in order then the two films. It will build up nicely.

Atlantis can be watched seperately but is best watched alongside sg-1.

If you cant wait just watch the second film - continuum.
            I'd say you'll need to watch at least season 8 before you watch Continuum, however it'll be better if you wait to finished the series to watch it.
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

WARNING: VERY MINIMAL SPOILERS FOR LATER SEASONS OF SG-1 SEASON 8-10 and MOVIES

Spoiler:
              Col. O'Neill is promoted to General as of season eight, replacing Hammond as the commander of the SGC as RDA stated he wanted a reduced role. As of season 9, RDA decided he needed to spend more time with his young daughter in California and chose to leave the show, making only the occasional cameo or guest appearence. His character, Gen. O'Neill was promoted to the Head of HomeWorld Security - pretty much the liaison between the SGC, Area 51 and those nations which are now part of the Stargate Program - whose representatives make up what is known as the IOA (International Oversight Advisory)

Clear as mud, huh? Yeah, a lot happens in those 6 years....

The Ark of Truth DVD has a featurette entitled 'Stargate SG-1: The Road Taken - Prelude to Stargate: The Ark of Truth' which is basically an overview of season 9 and 10 which will familiarize you with the new baddie that was introduced at that time: The Ori and the basic storyline for those seasons. The whole point of this movie is to tie up that story line.

Continuum is pretty much a stand alone that has much more in common with the early seasons than it does the latter - 'although it is helpful to know the basic storyline of the Goa'uld through season 8; and a basic knowledge of who Vala and Lt. Col. Mitchell are. And Ba'al, who I just realized isn't introduced until season 5. He is a wonderfully charming and evil goa'uld - the kind you just love to hate! It probably can be watched without it - you will scratch your head a *little* bit. RDA is in this one, albeit not as much as most people would have liked.

Both are excellent movies.
              Last edited by Maj_Cliffhanger; 01 November 2008, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HSH View Post
                Hello everyone! My name is Marco and i'm writing from italy. First of all, sorry for my horrible english.... but i'd like to ask you all a couple question. I'm watching now series 4 of sg1 and i discovered about 2 movies that were released this year.
                First off, your English is good, so don't worry about it. Second, there are three Stargate movies. I presume you're refering to Ark of Truth and Continuum, both of which came out this year.

First question: at the beginning of the first one, they speak about a SUPERGATE and other events that i never heard.... is that because i must first watch season 10?
                You said you are watching the fourth season of SG-1. Most of the show's ongoing stories were resolved by the end of the eighth season. This lead to a load of new characters, villains, and stories for two more seasons. The movie you saw, The Ark of Truth, is the conclussion to that two-year story. Considering you're way back in Season 4, long before Seasons 9-10, it's understandable that you'd be confused.

Second question is : WHY Richard dean anderson, one of my favorite actors EVER is not on that 2 movies? is there any special reason?
                Thanks For eventual answers
                Bye
                Richard Dean-Anderson left the show after the eighth season. Ben Browder as "Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell" is his successor. RDA would still return as O'Neill in a recurring role for the final two seasons. While he's not in The Ark of Truth, you can see him in Continuum.

To make everything crystal clear, here is a nice SG-1 timeline for you to follow.

Stargate
                Stargate SG-1
                Season 1 (21 Episodes)
                Season 2 (22 Episodes)
                Season 3 (22 Episodes)
                Season 4 (22 Episodes)
                Season 5 (22 Episodes)
                Season 6 (22 Episodes)
                Season 7 (21 Episodes)
                Season 8 (20 Episodes)
                Season 9 (20 Episodes)
                Season 10 (20 Episodes)
                Stargate: The Ark of Truth
                Stargate: Continuum

Kurt Russel played O'Neil in the original movie. Richard Dean-Anderson plays O'Neill in SG-1. He leads SG-1 for seven seasons and lead the SGC in the eighth season. He returned for two episodes in Season 9, two more in Season 10, and once more in Continuum.

Comment

First, your english is better than many english speaking posters here. Second, you need to watch all seasons for the movies to make sense. There are spoiler sites out there to check but I am not going to spoil things for you. Watch and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                  X