This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SyFy Portal: "Universe is not 90210!"

After some character descriptions of "Stargate: Universe" started to leak out, some fans -- especially those who have followed the Stargate franchise over the years -- lashed out calling the effort more of a move that should be found on the Lifetime network rather than SciFi Channel.
    But executive producer Joseph Mallozzi is out to assure fans that any pre-conceptions they have of the show turning into a primetime soap opera have nothing to worry about.

"In spite of what the indicators may suggest, this will definitely not be a 'Voyager: 90210,'" Mallozzi said in his blog, according to GateWorld. "In fact, in many ways, it's a much more cerebral and mature addition to the franchise. While firmly entrenched in pre-established Stargate mythology, 'Stargate: Universe' definitely strikes out in an exciting new direction. It's a series that will delight veteran fans, but also appeal to newcomers who may not necessarily know the difference between an Alteran and an Asuran."
    Full article: http://www.syfyportal.com/news425514.html

if it is 90210 i will not watch it

Comment

anyways im looking forward to SGU

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        I'll believe it when I see it
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
          I'll believe it when I see it
          As will I.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            I take it you didn't notice that SyFy Portal listed GateWorld as their source for the article? There's no new news there -- just SyFy Portal's spin.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I'd LOVE for some NEW stataments...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                I'd LOVE for some NEW stataments...
                same.... perhaps they are having trouble writing something that doesn't make it sound like Voyager: 90210
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Don't go poo-pooing on my optimism, now. Today is a good day.

Comment

No it's not.

Pesimism alround.

I'm still going to watch, but I have no good feelings about SGU what so ever apart from the bague hope that we will see alien planets without canadian forests, as, you know, it's the entire frigging universe. Everything else about it horrifies me.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to Universe and Joe's statement only fuels my optimism.
                      It'll be good to see some new pieces of Ancient technology too.

Comment

Originally posted by rise of the phoenix View Post
                        i'm looking forward to universe and joe's statement only fuels my optimism.
                        It'll be good to see some new pieces of ancient technology too. :d
                        god damn those bloody ancients!

:@

[anger][/anger]

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

god damn those bloody ancients!

:@

[anger][/anger]
                          Are you insulting my race?!

The Ancients are awsome!

Comment

They were awesome when the Gateverse didn't revolve around them.

And last time I checked, you were human.

I fail to see why Stargate is now all about "ooo lets have awesome future ancient tech, and lets have awesome ancient culture etc" Stargate USED to be about us, present day... funny that.

The ancients are the same damn reason I care little for Star Wars Eps 1-3. I hate Jedi.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

They were awesome when the Gateverse didn't revolve around them.

And last time I checked, you were human.

I fail to see why Stargate is now all about "ooo lets have awesome future ancient tech, and lets have awesome ancient culture etc" Stargate USED to be about us, present day... funny that.

The ancients are the same damn reason I care little for Star Wars Eps 1-3. I hate Jedi.
                              I was just joking about the whole "insulting my race" thing.

Personally, I love the Ancients. But if you don't like them, that's your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X