This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape with New Characters?

This may have already been mentioned, but doesn't SGU sound like Farscape with new characters? I really liked Farscape after the first season. The first season always takes awhile to get all the kinks worked out. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts...

That was one seriously messed up show man. I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by germ46 View Post
      This may have already been mentioned, but doesn't SGU sound like Farscape with new characters? I really liked Farscape after the first season. The first season always takes awhile to get all the kinks worked out. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts...
      No.

Comment

Originally posted by germ46 View Post
        In my opinion Universe appears to have similarities with a number of recent or even not so recent sci-fi shows.
        Some people on this forum have compared it to Battle Star Galactica, Star Trek: Voyager and even Lost In Space (there are other comparisons that have been made as well as these, but I'm not going to get into those here as I think the examples given are enough).
        Like you I liked Farscape so I think that the possible similarities can only be a good thing.

As far as the first season working all of the kinks out, some shows never manage to do that but can still thrive as a result, you know Characters grow, in particular if they are very young and still trying to come to terms with their place on the team, which is why I think it could be good to see some perhaps slightly younger members to an SG team exploring their personalities and developing as individuals.

Oh on a final note welcome to the wonderful world of Gateworld, here's a thread that may help you with certain aspects of the site it's called the MEMBERS helping MEMBERS: General Help and Assistance Thread :

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=28340

Plus make sure you introduce yourself at the Welcome, New Members! thread here's the link:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=359

Comment

SGU concept is going to have a lot of similarities with other shows that features ships, finding home, going home, aliens, no way back, lost, et cetera. The only thing we can bank on is good deliverance via a new angle on an existing concept which I'm sure TPTB will try hard to do.

Comment

Working...
          X