This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith writing on the SGU concept gun?

Is it just me or does it look like wraith writing?

take a look
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/galle...onsole_gal.jpg
    sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Possibly, Wraith is a diverative of Ancient, although considering how old the Destiny is supposed to be & the Wraith only evolved after the Ancients seeded Pegasus with life that it is unlikely in this case. And its not a gun, its console.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
      Possibly, Wraith is a diverative of Ancient, although considering how old the Destiny is supposed to be & the Wraith only evolved after the Ancients seeded Pegasus with life that it is unlikely in this case. And its not a gun, its console.
      well it kind of looks like a gun. or a wide electronic boomerang. lol.
      sigpic
      i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

That'll be SGU's, major revelation, the wraith are the ancients!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
          well it kind of looks like a gun. or a wide electronic boomerang. lol.
          a bit big though, that screen with the writing is 17 inches
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Looks like the Ancient writing on the device in Sight Unseen.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=132&pos=21
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rielgenius1688 View Post
              That'll be SGU's, major revelation, the wraith are the ancients!!!!

Well, that'd be a hellava lot better than finding out that the Wraith are the Furlings...

das
              sigpic

Comment

It looks like an electronic belt.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                  Well, that'd be a hellava lot better than finding out that the Wraith are the Furlings...

das
                  They better not be, clearly the Wraith are neither cute or furry to be considered the name Furlings.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                    Possibly, Wraith is a diverative of Ancient, although considering how old the Destiny is supposed to be & the Wraith only evolved after the Ancients seeded Pegasus with life that it is unlikely in this case.
                    The Ancients are unlikely to have made major changes in the script they used for technology if they wanted their devices to be in use for millions of years.
                    sigpic

Comment

then prehaps there was a second race assisted the construction of the destiny (afterall the ancients made contact with other advanced civilizations, the asgard, knox, furlings) the knox from the brief glimps of them in SG-1 seem to be atleast as advenced as the ancients (perhaps more) they dad after all have a cloaked city that floated soundlessly, the ancients can cloak and make a flying city but could they make one that hovered effortlessly. we have never seen what knox scrips looks like perhaps thats what it is. wratit is similar to ancient becaus thats where they learnt, perhaps knox is similar to wraith cos that is also taken from ancient (or more interestingly ancient is taken from knox script)

Comment

Don't want to kill this thread..but in the URL it clearly says "Ancient Console". Although I agree that it does look a bit like a gun or a boomerang.

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                          then prehaps there was a second race assisted the construction of the destiny (afterall the ancients made contact with other advanced civilizations, the asgard, knox, furlings) the knox from the brief glimps of them in SG-1 seem to be atleast as advenced as the ancients (perhaps more) they dad after all have a cloaked city that floated soundlessly, the ancients can cloak and make a flying city but could they make one that hovered effortlessly.
                          Possibly. Of course, the Asgard seem to have advanced beyond the Ancients in some areas of technology (their hyperdrives seem more impressive, and then of course, there's those beam weapons) but they were probably less advanced ten thousand years ago. The same may be true of the Nox, who could have refined city construction beyond that, based on what they learnt from the Ancients.

Of course, for all we know, they might have been the senior partners in the alliance. But I wouldn't bet on it.
                          we have never seen what knox scrips looks like perhaps thats what it is. wratit is similar to ancient becaus thats where they learnt, perhaps knox is similar to wraith cos that is also taken from ancient (or more interestingly ancient is taken from knox script)
                          This would seem to be Nox script, as all the other types of script from Torment of Tantalus can be matched with something appearing elsewhere. If only on the device in Paradise Lost, for the furlings.

Of course, that episode (and as pointed out before, sight unseen) depicted distinctly different styles of Ancient writing. So this is nothing new. Presumably it changed over the eons.

Comment

Working...
                          X