The Alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Alliance

Wouldent the Alliance be a Pegasus NATO seeing as it is a primarly used for military action and now with Atlantis leading the fight that becomes more promonet.
    sigpic

I think Atlantis is going to end up like the Asgard and the Coalition will be like the protected planets.

Comment

Wow we've suddenly at Asgard level now huh.
      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

I was thinking that too, self-governing indepedantly, but making joint decisions within the alliance ot mutual benefit. like the allaicneo f 4 great arces, nato, or the protected planets treaty (without the none-interference rule). with all these plaents working otgether, it will be interetsing ot see how the war with the wraith would go if they all banded otgether to form a unified front against the wraith @ large - & YutheGreat is right - we're becoming like the Asgard & taking over their role as prtoectors & friends, forefilling our role as the 5th race.

Comment

Unlike the Alliance of Four Great Races and NATO, none of the other factions in the Coalition have any way of defending themselves against the Wraith. At least one of the protected planets, other than earth, was technologically advanced. The other factions in the Coalition can only offer support by giving Atlantis food and possibly raw material.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
            Unlike the Alliance of Four Great Races and NATO, none of the other factions in the Coalition have any way of defending themselves against the Wraith. At least one of the protected planets, other than earth, was technologically advanced. The other factions in the Coalition can only offer support by giving Atlantis food and possibly raw material.
            They can give us intel. The Genii has a spy network that can give us good info on Wraith and Michael Movements.
            A Militia in case some tries to make a run on ATlantis.
            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

The Genii spy network sucks. The only intel they can get is which planet got their asses culled. The Travelers could at least detect and track the movement of Wraith ships.

They could install some Asgard tech on Atlantis to protect it from intruders. The explosion suppression tech and a couple of Thor's Hammers around key locations would pretty much prevent any hostile take over of Atlantis.

Comment

does anyone think the genii will have a bit of trouble with the travellers seeing that they are more technologically advanced now. and lets be fair genii are way more organised and more capable of handling large-scale threats. no one here knows yet where these travellers got their experience from they seem to have come from no where with a ****load of ships and weapons.

Comment

I think Atlantis is going to end up like the Asgard and the Coalition will be like the protected planets.
                  That's what I thought to.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                  Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

They could install some Asgard tech on Atlantis to protect it from intruders. The explosion suppression tech and a couple of Thor's Hammers around key locations would pretty much prevent any hostile take over of Atlantis.
                    Iirc, Atlantis does have some coolness which can lock down sections if non-alteran (or also iirc, non-human)

It's a good point though; with SG-1 being gifted the Asgard knowledgebase, why aren't we seeing "stuff" from that in SGA?

To be fair I think SGA is pure crap these days, Inquisition embarassingly so. Yet I keep watching...
                    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

@ Mongoletsi - Its addictive, aint it? LOL

Any hows, i think this whole Alliance thing is a baaaaadddddd idea, the only people the Geni spy network seem to have intel on is US.... why do you need intel on ourselv's, to be honist we should concentrate on making Aliances with the Travels, maybe even the Lost Tribe, ok they maybe a tad imoral but they could be on some use!!!!!

What could we possible need with three diffent faction that have not even got ships!!!!
                      A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X