SGC tech vs Alterran Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGC tech vs Alterran Tech

Ok is it me or Do the SCG Engineers and tech keep solving problems the Anicients couldn't solve.Why couldn't they come up with a Anti Feeding virus?Why couldn't they come with a Retro Virus that turn the Wraith into humans ?
    So how do they keep doing it . Why do they keep holding back at what they really have .I know the show has a budget but the US military has a lot more stuff at it disposal to use throught the gate .Like ATVs Better UAVs,Weapons and a ton of other stuff .

the ancients tried the peacefull way and it failed. the wraith would never allow such peace, and the ancients understood a military victory was the only one

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
      Ok is it me or Do the SCG Engineers and tech keep solving problems the Anicients couldn't solve.Why couldn't they come up with a Anti Feeding virus?Why couldn't they come with a Retro Virus that turn the Wraith into humans ?
      So how do they keep doing it . Why do they keep holding back at what they really have .I know the show has a budget but the US military has a lot more stuff at it disposal to use throught the gate .Like ATVs Better UAVs,Weapons and a ton of other stuff .
      i alterran wins in every way, i think the ancient never thought off turning the wraith back into humans which means like killman said they tought millitery victory was the only way

Comment

Well the Ancients did built a DNA resequencer, so they could have turned the Wraith into humans without them reversing back.

But I think the Ancients were too arrogant.

Comment

no, its not that they were arrogant, the ancients were very pacifistic. thats why they created the nanite replicators, so they would fight for them rather than the lanteans having to do it because they felt it was repulsive to do it themselves.

was there any research done by the ancients showing where they found it was a version of the Aratus bug? as far as i know only notes i have seen show it was carson who discovered it. the lanteans may not have looked so never discovered the correlation.

i dont think they were arrogant, i think that in the end, they didnt want to continue fighting. we know they had outposts designed to allow meditation and study for ascension in both PG and MW. they probably had some of them ascend, and the rest go to MW and ascend there or disperse.

also, keep in mind one of the primary rules for the ascended beings is non-interference. the fact they did not make an exceptional attempt to extinguish the wraith lead me to believe they had this belief while still "human" in that they did not want to be responsible for wiping out a race that developed naturally or else even un-naturally, so left. because they did not want to interfere with the natural development of the sentient specieies in the PG even if they did not agree with it.

Comment

The Ancients seemed to have other concerns. It is kind of odd that they let the Wraith grow powerful enough to challenge them in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post

but the ancients had puddle jumpers. they are the ultimate gate accessory. i mean each has 8 drones, it can cloak, enter space, transport troops, collect scientific data, go underwater, fly and god knows what else. what more would you need. i mean which is better, an atv or a puddle jumper that can do just about anything.

and even if they did come up with a wraith retro virus, they would have had no way of delevering it into the hive. i mean the only reason we can is because of asgard transport beam.

and what if they did think of the anti feeding virus but could not figure out how to make it 100% safe, so they just couldnt use it. i mean i dont think they would have been as calus an michael and just killed 50% of the people of the galaxy to win the war.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                The Ancients seemed to have other concerns. It is kind of odd that they let the Wraith grow powerful enough to challenge them in the first place.

the ancients didint monitor every single planet in the entire galaxy. its not that hard to believe that the ancients went a couple thousand years of their million or so years in pegasus without looking at the one particular world the wraith accidentally came about on. and once they realized how dangerous the wraith were, it was too late.
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                  the ancients didint monitor every single planet in the entire galaxy. its not that hard to believe that the ancients went a couple thousand years of their million or so years in pegasus without looking at the one particular world the wraith accidentally came about on. and once they realized how dangerous the wraith were, it was too late.
                  But the Wraith couldn't have built their entire army on one world. They needed to feed. They would have had to take many worlds before they could challenge the Ancients.

Comment

But the Wraith couldn't have built their entire army on one world. They needed to feed. They would have had to take many worlds before they could challenge the Ancients.
                    If you had an empire of 10,000 worlds, what are the chances you would notice a few dozen not responding? Most likely you wouldn't notice at all, or if you did, you would assume the humans there just wanted some time to themselves.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      If you had an empire of 10,000 worlds, what are the chances you would notice a few dozen not responding? Most likely you wouldn't notice at all, or if you did, you would assume the humans there just wanted some time to themselves.
                      while I agree with you the ancients didn't even have an empire. more likely something akin to the UN, Independent worlds and federations(gennii being one spanning dozens of worlds) Asgard, travelers, etc several more with star ships. The ancients would have been more like the vorlons in B5. yea we know your there, but you aren't ready to talk with us quite yet. Studying from afar instead of getting up close.

Comment

the wraith used an uninhabited planet, and in no-time they had massive forces. clearly, the ancients were overrun. other dialog suggest the wraith attacked in numbers, there was a war, the ancients fought back, were winning, the wraith used the cloning facility, and in notime they had massive forces. besides, there are thousands of worlds. its not like the wraith couldve used hives as their home, orbiting an uninhabited world. back then, the human numbers couldve been in the many millions, so a single world could sustain the first wraith. they rapidly overran the ancients, got numbers. the ancients started to fight the war, the wraith lost, then got the cloning facility, build up a secret force and massively overran the ancients

Comment

the wraith are smart they put a spacegate on a unhabited planet so the ancinets wouldnt of looked there(spoils of war)

so if they did that to many planets filled with humans , they could feed and biuld a army of thoausands whearas the ancinets were possible going by gate addresses to look for the wraith

maybe ancients ahd thought of it but maybe their moral high struck, changing a entire species into something they are not, and what would they do with them, live happily ever after or will they slowly turn back into wraith depending if the wraith dna couldnt be fully human, then they would have to inorculate 100,000 of wraith withb the virus
                          sigpic

Comment

and to the no feeding thing: it would only help the wraith. just give em regular food. no need to feed on humans, just kill the ancients without needing humans.

Comment

but before the ancients knew what was happening the wraith grew tonnes of ships and launched attacks. i mean after their attacked by this unknown enemy then they still gotta build warships to fight them and then the wraith take zpms from them and they clone whole armys and before you even know whats happening, the wraith are everywhere. i mean the ancients couldnt monitor every planet in the pegasus galaxy at once. and wraith can grow ships, which gave them the advantage.
                              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                              X