Why don't they just...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't they just...

From what I got from this ep, this faction of Asgard are not inherently evil, they simply will do anything to achieve their goal. What is their goal? Survival, being able to go out into the galaxy without the Wraith destroying them.

However, now that they know that the old Asgard are all extinct, why don't they go back to Ida and the Milky Way? I realise they don't have ships, but I'm sure that we would be happy enough to give them a ride back, even if it happened in stages. I just think it makes much more sense for them to do that, than to fight to make the Pegasus galaxy threat-free, when there's 2 perfectly good galaxy's out there, that are no longer inhabited by their rival Asgard.

Does anyone else think that would be a sensible option for these new Asgard to take?

Daniel: The Others would have stopped you.
    Jack: They'd have a hell of a fight on their hands...
    Daniel: You wouldn't do that...
    Jack: Ba'al would be dead...
    Daniel: Jack...
    Jack: ...And don't think I'd stop there!
    Daniel: You're a better man than that...
    Jack: That's where you're wrong!

Because they'd just continue experimenting on humans in the MW if they were taken there. They care nothing for us and we'd have to imprison them to stop them from experimenting. Being in Pegasus limits them somewhat from mutilating and probing humans.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Well, here is a similar question. We have seen how well the Genii (and others, such as the civilization from "The Seer") have survived. Why didn't the Pegasus Asgard find a nice habitable world (or a few worlds) and live underground? They could have built a sizable civilization under the Wraith's noses.

Secondly, since they are so experienced with cloning why not capture and clone some humans once? Then let those clones reproduce normally to give them a fresh supply of humans to experiment on?

I think both of these scenarios would make some good stories.

Comment

Originally posted by rodney4u View Post
        Well, here is a similar question. We have seen how well the Genii (and others, such as the civilization from "The Seer") have survived. Why didn't the Pegasus Asgard find a nice habitable world (or a few worlds) and live underground? They could have built a sizable civilization under the Wraith's noses.

Secondly, since they are so experienced with cloning why not capture and clone some humans once? Then let those clones reproduce normally to give them a fresh supply of humans to experiment on?

I think both of these scenarios would make some good stories.
        because they have not perfected the cloning procedure. if the clones were to naturlly reproduce together, it'd probably end up having a child that dies within a few days since it is born. these are the asgard, they would have already considered this, but it is obviously too flawed. also, races like the genii made the underground bunkers when the wraith were hibernating, if the asgard were to all of a sudden dig huge wholes in a planet for an underground bunker, the wraith would probably notice, and then wipe out the asgard. they are hidden, not trying to get noticed.

-DH

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Working...
        X