Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think we should introduce them to the travellers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think we should introduce them to the travellers?

With the Travellers backing the coalition they can give the WRaith something to worry about.

The Queen in Alliance said the civil war would last more than Shepard's short life. So if the coalition joins with the Travellers hundreds of planets could start producing Traveller grade weapons and ships.
    Stargate Revival Please!

That provided that the Travelers are willing to provide inferior species with their tecchnolgy. Many of the advanced species are usually not willing to do this
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yup it's a Tollan catch-22 all over again.

Give them advance tech who says they won't blow themselves up.

Plus the Genii are untrustworthy.

I think the Travellers are much better off forming their own coalition once the more advanced technological races start poping up.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        That provided that the Travelers are willing to provide inferior species with their tecchnolgy. Many of the advanced species are usually not willing to do this
        Originally posted by RedWolf
        Yup it's a Tollan catch-22 all over again.

Give them advance tech who says they won't blow themselves up.

Plus the Genii are untrustworthy.

I think the Travellers are much better off forming their own coalition once the more advanced technological races start poping up.
        I think its more about the fact that we have almost no idea who these people are and we dont know if they'll try to go conquer the galaxy with the stuff or not. Also, the asgard were reluctant to give us their tech for the fear that it may be used against them. The same applies here.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Most of Pegasus are simple farmers, give them advanced weapons with a remote shutdown and they won't know how to hack it, once the wraith are defeated shut down the system that keeps the weapons activated

Comment

I wonder if they could/would/should strongarm the travellers. The Travellers like most human populations are dependent upon Trade. In BAMSR, Larrin admitted one of their trading partners were leveled by the replicators. THe coalition claimed they could restrict trade with the expedition as well.
            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

I seriously doubt the primitive people of the coalition even have the engineering capability to produce Traveler ships. The majority of them are simple farmers. Even the Genii who are more advanced didn't have the technology to successfully build a nuke. Plus, if the Travelers were to give them weapons, wouldn't it be better if we just gave the people of Pegasus our weapons? We could trade P-90's for food or other stuff, or just give them the weapons if we feel charitable. Why have them produce Traveler grade weapons when our weapons have proven effective in taking out goa'uld, jaffa, wraith, replicator, and whatever other alien races we whacked over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                If i remember right the Travelers are basically scavengers and dont really have any of their own technologies anymore, so its not like they can give anything to the coalition.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedWater View Post
                  If i remember right the Travelers are basically scavengers and dont really have any of their own technologies anymore, so its not like they can give anything to the coalition.
                  Its their tech but they have lived in ships so long they no longer have the means to build more of it.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                    With the Travellers backing the coalition they can give the WRaith something to worry about.

The Queen in Alliance said the civil war would last more than Shepard's short life. So if the coalition joins with the Travellers hundreds of planets could start producing Traveller grade weapons and ships.
                    I think we should have introduced them to the travelers. They are a Pegasus race with advanced technology and ships. Now, it's probably not likely the other worlds would be able to mass produce their tech and advance themselves. However, the Travelers would benefit from the vast amount of resources these races had. And, the travelers might even be able to settle some of their people among them, and possibly protect some of their most important worlds. they'd benefit from it more than the Expedition would.

Also, about this whole scavenger thing, the Goauld were scavengers, and we still call their stuff "Goauld tech", travelers are no different. Also, the Earth ships are Asgard tech, and we still refer to them as Earth tech.
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

personally i dont trust those travellers, they run things in a haphazard way and dont operate well, i believe they aren't reliable and i wont feel safe leaving Pegasus in their hands. they also seem to rival Atlantis, I wont be surprised if they ever had their eye on good old atlantis. plus their leader seems irritable and impatient. but they are better than the genii of course but not that good. im still kinda weirdened out by how the traveller ship was able to destroy asgard tech. and concerning who they deal with....isnt anyone worried that the Travellers are similar to say Lucian Alliance? they could turn into kassa traders in the future.

Comment

I don't think that Wraith would tolerate the Travelers advancing into a threat anyways.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

i dont think the wraith have a future in this galaxy, especially after what has been to them by us and by themselves. i reckon the travellers would take over and become the new enemy in the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

Working...
                          X