This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orson Welles The War of the Worlds

This Halloween marks the seventieth anniversary of the famous radio broadcast that, allegedly, caused mass panic in America as people who tuned in their radios thought they really were being invaded by Martians. Others say the reports of panic and hysteria were greatly exaggerrated by newspaper journalists who feared this new fangled radio gizmo was going to put them out of business.

Whatever the truth, The War of the Worlds by H G Wells is a story every true sci-fi fan should know. Written 110 years ago, it's the original alien invasion story written by one of the fathers of science fiction. Orson Welles' radio version was also genius and gripping drama, and you can see it brought faithfully to life here.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
    My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

I'm planning to listen to it on Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      I'm planning to listen to it on Halloween.
      Sounds like fun I might do the same. But the Toymanstudios version is great to watch as well, if you haven't seen it already.

To make it easier for people here are the individual chapters:

Part 1, Chapter 1
      Part 1, Chapter 2
      Part 1, Chapter 3
      Part 1, Chapter 4
      Part 1, Chapter 5
      Part 1, Chapter 6
      Part 1, Chapter 7
      Part 1, Chapter 8
      Part 2, Chapter 1
      Part 2, Chapter 2
      Part 2, Chapter 3
      Part 2, Chapter 4

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
      My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

Working...
      X