The Genii don't make sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Genii don't make sense

Why would they ally themselves with a technologically inferior coalition rather than Atlantis itself? I mean granted, they actually technically still ARE allies of Atlantis, but why try to frame Atlantis instead of just trying to gain Atlantis' trust to eventually get some juicy technology (which the expedition would probably give them if they trusted them enough). It seems like they are just purposely trying to sabotage the Atlantis expedition for no reason at all. It makes absolutely no sense to go against Atlantis any longer.

Maybe the Genii think that if they can turn the entire Pegasus Galaxy against Atlantis, the Atlantis expedition will leave, and they can have Atlantis. Which is stupid of course, because if the Atlantis expedition leaves, they will take Atlantis with them.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
      Maybe the Genii think that if they can turn the entire Pegasus Galaxy against Atlantis, the Atlantis expedition will leave, and they can have Atlantis. Which is stupid of course, because if the Atlantis expedition leaves, they will take Atlantis with them.
      We didn't in The Last Man.

But yes, we would more than likely take the city with us.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
        We didn't in The Last Man.

But yes, we would more than likely take the city with us.
        In The Last Man it was probably because of the Michael situation they didnt bring the city with them as they would most likely be blown away if they tried it. (of course we cant know this for sure, but thats my theory, i'm not sure why the city was left standing instead of selfdestructed though, cant remember if this was explained or not)
        Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
        Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Actually I think you need 3 ZPMs to make it to the Milky Way. Look how much that we drainied that 1 ZPM in Adrfit
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Actually I think you need 3 ZPMs to make it to the Milky Way. Look how much that we drainied that 1 ZPM in Adrfit
            Actually you just need 1 ZPM and the Daedalus. It has now been proven that one ship can use another ships hyperspace window. So the Daedalus can use its super Asgard hyperdrive and open a window for Atlantis.

Hallowed are the Jelgate.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              The big drain was from taking off and landing, just flying trough space wouldnt use up that much if it wasnt for all the damaged conduits.
              Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
              Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
                Actually, it's more likely that they wanted to gain leverage over the Atlantis expedition, who depends on the Pegasus natives for many things, from food to the legitimacy of the expedition's very presence in that galaxy.

It actually makes a lot of sense. If the Genii sought to ally themselves with Atlantis, they'd be forced to always play the beggar's part, having little to offer to the Earthlings and no muscle for making demands. If they become the leaders of the Pegasus nations alliance, however, they can talk to Atlantis from a position of strength.
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble
                  It actually makes a lot of sense. If the Genii sought to ally themselves with Atlantis, they'd be forced to always play the beggar's part, having little to offer to the Earthlings and no muscle for making demands. If they become the leaders of the Pegasus nations alliance, however, they can talk to Atlantis from a position of strength.
                  That is indeed a likely reason.

The Genii are some of the most power hungry people encountered so far. They are almost as bad as the Goa'uld. It was not a smart move to go against the Atlantis expedition, because the main reason that the expedition is in Pegasus, is Atlantis. If the people of Pegasus turn against them, it is more profitable to take Atlantis back to the MW galaxy, despite the other technology an resources present in Pegasus.

Atlantis can fly with 1 ZPM to the MW. As said before, the drain was due to the damaged power conduits. And lets not forget, Earth does have 3 ZPMs. If it was really necessary, they could equip Atlantis with all 3.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                    Actually, it's more likely that they wanted to gain leverage over the Atlantis expedition, who depends on the Pegasus natives for many things, from food to the legitimacy of the expedition's very presence in that galaxy.

Completely agree. There's a big power distinction between Atlantis and the rest of the Pegasus humans.

Comment

The Genii know that Atlantis won't trust them. Atlantis will never give them any technology. However, if the Genii are the most advanced faction in the coalition then any time when one of the other factions discover Ancient technology, only the Genii would have the technical skills to figure out how they work.

Also, Sheppard traveled 48,000 years into the future in "The Last Man," you'd think that they would have been able to find something in the Asgard or Ancient databases that would have allowed them to fly the ship. Although, it is possible that the humans eventually built a fleet powerful enough to wipe out the Wraith and then later ascended, leaving all their technology behind, just like the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                        Why would they ally themselves with a technologically inferior coalition rather than Atlantis itself? I mean granted, they actually technically still ARE allies of Atlantis, but why try to frame Atlantis instead of just trying to gain Atlantis' trust to eventually get some juicy technology (which the expedition would probably give them if they trusted them enough). It seems like they are just purposely trying to sabotage the Atlantis expedition for no reason at all. It makes absolutely no sense to go against Atlantis any longer.
                        Giantevilhead is correct. we would never give them tech. The Genii would ally themselves with these races to increase their standing army. I admit their massive armies will do nothing against hives but after the Wraith go into hibernation. Their people would organize and strike on every hiveships.
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

I wonder do the Genii know that Atlantis has major ships at their disposal that could wipe out their very existence? Find their hiding spots, beam a naquada nuke and see them run then not long... BOOOOOOOOOOOOM! I like to see how the Genii will counter that fire power.

In fact, I want the Genii to die cos they are ignorant idiots. They're little boys that want to play with the big boys.

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                            Actually you just need 1 ZPM and the Daedalus. It has now been proven that one ship can use another ships hyperspace window. So the Daedalus can use its super Asgard hyperdrive and open a window for Atlantis.

Hallowed are the Jelgate.
                            I would love nothing more than to see Atlantis on earth. The level of respect it gets in the Pegasus Galaxy is absurd

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                            MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
                              I would love nothing more than to see Atlantis on earth. The level of respect it gets in the Pegasus Galaxy is absurd
                              the respect they show is also absurd.
                              I don't think that Earth wants those nutty kids. They offend everyone, make huge decisions with out consulting the big wigs. They make the most stupid and idiotic mistakes (btw that is done on purpose by the writers, me thinks).
                              They also blow up star systems.

The genii are power mad and very paranoid. However, nuking them is not the answer. I doubt that the genii leader ship is under the control of the people (It may be a dictatorship of some sort). Taking out their underground bases would condemn countless genii civilians to death by Wraith feeding.

The Genii will do anything to get the upper hand in the Galaxy just like everyone else has stated.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X