This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Athos city ship

in rising, when we went to Athos, the first time, there was a ancient city. now we did not explore that city one bit ZPMS ANYBODY!!!! i mean come one, a big plot loophole, i guess. please share your ideas with me

sigpic
    Sig made by squirrely1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post
    in rising, when we went to Athos, the first time, there was a ancient city. now we did not explore that city one bit ZPMS ANYBODY!!!! i mean come one, a big plot loophole, i guess. please share your ideas with me
    How do you know that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post
      We never explored the city then but we probably went back at some point. There was probably nothing of worth as the Wraith visited Athos often and I don't think they would have left anything of worth for others to find and use!

Comment

It was a small Ancient outpost, he's just assuming its another Cityship. They ran away because the wraith swarmed.

Comment

From "The Storm:"

SHEPPARD: You still miss home?

TEYLA: There is still talk of returning, even though I've told them the Wraith have scorched Athos bare in revenge for our resistance.

Comment

Well that clears that up

Comment

I thought, during Rising pt1 before the Wraith attacked, that Sumner took a team to the city while Sheppard and Teyla went to the secret cave of secretness where Shep learned about Wraith culling.
              I hope you like Guinness sir, I find it a refreshing substitute for.... food

Comment

I remember the wrecked city yes, not sure about a team investigating it though, have to rewatch it (dont mind doing that at all)

Comment

I don't believe they ever investigated it: Teyla only just had time to show Sheppard the cave drawings before the Wraith attacked (attracted, as we would later discover, by Sheppard touching Teyla's necklace).
                  Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

I always thought it was strange that they never searched the city/settlement/whatever the heck it is. In reality they problaby idn't show it for budget reasons or time constraints, but who knows? Maybe on of the Fandemonuim novels will deal with this.
                    For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                      I remember the wrecked city yes, not sure about a team investigating it though, have to rewatch it (dont mind doing that at all)
                      Originally posted by ReFRidgerator View Post
                      I always thought it was strange that they never searched the city/settlement/whatever the heck it is. In reality they problaby idn't show it for budget reasons or time constraints, but who knows? Maybe on of the Fandemonuim novels will deal with this.
                      tht is exactly what i was thinking, plot loophole!!!!

sigpic
                      Sig made by squirrely1
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                      *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

They searched it in Rising. Sumner mentioned it, and when they were on the hive on of the Athosians said something along the lines of "if you hadn't gone into the old city the wraith wouldn't have come."
                        sigpic

Comment

thy did explore it if u listen he says we checked the city n ther was nothin thn wen the wraith came thy said it was bcuz thy ventured in2 the old city

Comment

Here is part of the transcript of that episode:

SUMNER: Look, I don't care what they say. That city's worth a look, not to mention the possibility there could be ZeeP.Ms there that they don't know or care about.

SHEPPARD: What if the Wraith are the enemy the Ancient hologram lady was talking about?

SUMNER: All the more reason for us to have a defensible position should we have to abandon Atlantis. Stay here and find out what you can. Ford, you head back to the Gate, report in to Weir. Tell her we'll have answers for her in a few hours.

FORD: Yes, sir.

(As Sumner heads off, Sheppard and Ford exchange a glance, then Sheppard goes back into the tent.)

So Sumner goes to the ancient city, there is no mention of it after that. So not really a plothole, probably nothing worth taking in the ancient ruins.

Comment

From the transcript on GateWorld:

SUMNER (indicating Toran): Your friend was the one who said the Wraith would come if we went down into the ruins.

HALLING: Perhaps you should have heeded his warning.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X