Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Concept Art Reveal Steampunk Design.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Concept Art Reveal Steampunk Design.

i tryed figuring out what they were going for with the ship design and what i had in my mind was an industrial mechanical look, something similar to Alien movies. guess what i was right but i was surprised with the steampunk feel to it. if u focus on the pictures you can see that there is a bit of steampunk theme to it which is because it was an ancient ship. im not saying the ship is going to be run on coal or anything, what im saying is that the design is reminisent of steampunk mixed with complex futuristic mechanics; you might expect wooden walls and rooms carved in detailed artwork; maybe a sculpture/statue (something i expected to see in atlantis). the ship will have to have ancient recreational rooms, or places that are more bright and relaxing which will give a nice contrast. anyway i think we can expect a Golden Compass feel to it if you know what i mean...

Originally posted by Dioxholster View Post
    i tryed figuring out what they were going for with the ship design and what i had in my mind was an industrial mechanical look, something similar to Alien movies. guess what i was right but i was surprised with the steampunk feel to it. if u focus on the pictures you can see that there is a bit of steampunk theme to it which is because it was an ancient ship. im not saying the ship is going to be run on coal or anything, what im saying is that the design is reminisent of steampunk mixed with complex futuristic mechanics; you might expect wooden walls and rooms carved in detailed artwork; maybe a sculpture/statue (something i expected to see in atlantis). the ship will have to have ancient recreational rooms, or places that are more bright and relaxing which will give a nice contrast. anyway i think we can expect a Golden Compass feel to it if you know what i mean...
    Yeah. Steampunk's been so overworked. I was hoping they'd come up with something more original. Silly me.

After hearing about the cast and plot for this new series, doesn't seem like there's much of anything about it that will feel fresh and original.

Comment

i have said this in another thread so the first ideas aren't always the ones that make the final design...so if you don't like it there is a good chance you wont have to see it in the series..

Comment

I agree with stargabb. I mean, does anyone else remember when we all thought this...

... was what the city of Atlantis was going to look like? Just because they've released concept art doesn't mean that's exactly what the Destiny will look like.
        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
          I agree with stargabb. I mean, does anyone else remember when we all thought this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...antis_logo.jpg

... was what the city of Atlantis was going to look like? Just because they've released concept art doesn't mean that's exactly what the Destiny will look like.
          Ewww...always hated that image...

I think the designs are okay, but they could be a bit more Ancienty.

Comment

Yeap... I like the Atlantis how it is...
            The image above isn´t very nice...

Ronon looses his temper over the weapons console and starts punching it
            Sheppard: Easy, Chewie! Those buttons are your friends! Just keep trying!
            Ronon: I'M TRYING!!!!

Comment

Personally, I didn't really mind the concept art for Universe we have seen so far. And as others have said, there will be changes.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

the designs remind me of the repository of ancient knowledge that O'Neill stuck his head in, and also the thingy with the stones that Daniel and Vala used.

Comment

Originally posted by sjcox View Post
                  the designs remind me of the repository of ancient knowledge that O'Neill stuck his head in, and also the thingy with the stones that Daniel and Vala used.
                  I too can see those similarities, perhaps if they stick with the concept art they'll say it was built around about the same time , also to me there's something familiar to the Ori hallways as well.

Comment

Concept art is about as reliable as fan art.

After hearing about the cast and plot for this new series, doesn't seem like there's much of anything about it that will feel fresh and original.
                    I'm not so sure about that. Lt. Jared Nash doesn't sound much like O'Neill/Sheppard/Mitchell. I know a lot of people assume that Col. Everett Young will be the O'Neill of Stargate Universe, but I'm not so sure. For one, if he is, who is going to run the ship while SGU-1 is on a mission? And there's one other thing:

Lt. Jared Nash
                    20-25. Junior S.G.C. team member. Officer material but green and rough around the edges. Every teenage girl's fantasy. Like a college quarterback thrown into his first pro game, he is thrust into the role of leader well before he's ready for the responsibility and must learn to take command, earn respect through action, and manage the diverse personalities on the ship to keep everyone alive. Like Jason Bourne, he is skilled and well-trained however he is mentally unprepared for the urgency of the situation. SERIES REGULAR;
                    My bet is that they will have a civilian leader originally, but he/she will be killed in the pilot episode. Why a civilian leader? Because that would explain what the heck someone like Chloe Carpenter is doing on the ship. Actually, I just re-read her character description and I noticed something I haven't noticed before...

Chloe Carpenter
                    20ish. Stunning and sexy. Daughter of a U.S. Senator. Silver spoon upbringing and a little spoiled but not stupid either. Politically and socially savvy. Dreams of following in her father's footsteps but for now she's a bit of a party girl in her first year at an Ivy League school. Her father's tragic death and the dire circumstances of being trapped on a spaceship seriously tests her character. SERIES REGULAR;

Comment

Working...
                    X