PDA

View Full Version : Crane Pool and schmidt's new pegasus office?

thedrumm3rguy
October 25th, 2008, 06:28 PM
anyone else enjoy the nod to Boston Legal at the end? :)

I can just imagine the damage of Denny crane in Pegasus!..... :cool:

- not a fan of clip shows, but this lil homage made me chuckle...that and the 'federation' joke

rarocks24
October 25th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I don't remember the Federation joke. Please remind me.

prion
October 25th, 2008, 07:02 PM

- not a fan of clip shows, but this lil homage made me chuckle...that and the 'federation' joke

Well, homage, ripoff, depends how you look at it ;)

jelgate
October 25th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Well, homage, ripoff, depends how you look at it ;)I wonder who Boston Legal rippied it off from:P

mr_kennedy
October 26th, 2008, 04:37 AM

must be the mad cow :p woolsey said it to lorne before woolsey went to the planet himself

the wraith would probably try to kill him instead off feed on him because every time they tried a buzzer would go off or something indicitating blood flow :p and then something would probably say denny crane

The_Carpenter
October 26th, 2008, 04:41 AM

I didn't notice that till you pointed it out... fantastic homage though... :cameron:

Icedragon
October 26th, 2008, 04:57 AM
I knew someone would say this. As soon as Woolsey came out I notcied it. Thought it was a coincidence. Then I saw the cigars and realised it likely wasn't. I never thought of either as a smoker though. And Woolsey like wine i thought? Sheppard always came across as a beer man.

The_Carpenter
October 26th, 2008, 05:03 AM
I knew someone would say this. As soon as Woolsey came out I notcied it. Thought it was a coincidence. Then I saw the cigars and realised it likely wasn't. I never thought of either as a smoker though. And Woolsey like wine i thought? Sheppard always came across as a beer man.
Yes but that doesn't mean that they don't drink other forms of Alcohol ;)

And no I never pictured either of them as smokers either *shrugs*

rarocks24
October 26th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Smoking cigars =/ equal smoking.

Xaeden
October 26th, 2008, 09:10 AM

Woolsey: No, but the IOA believes it could be an important first step toward inter-planetary government. A..Federation, if you will.

Mckay: Ehh, the Federation had ships.

Finger13
October 26th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Ahh I never noticed the homage to Boston Legal, that is fantastic haha.

I thought it was a good scene, but I never connected the two.

I wish James Spader was the team leader, using his Alan Shore character haha. He already played Daniel, certainly he could reprise another Stargate role.

Aricosaur
October 30th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I only rarely watch Boston Legal but I got the homage and chuckled a little, which I'm sure is the main reason for the gag (although I'd wager the main reason that scene was included is that someone on the crew is a Boston Legal fan).