Another Flash Back Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Flash Back Episode

This is the last season of atlantis and with that being said these episodes need to be ground breaking.. this is yet another episode where the producers used about 20 minutes of old content as a "Filler" to make a cheap and quick episode. THere have been several like this in SG-1 and in Atlantis.. comeon guys.. you have writers.. are they out of idea's? half way through and no "Major" Plot to end the series off with. This episode was horrible!
    Jason Elmore
    [email protected]
    Gamertag: Got Seven
    www.myspace.com/jasonmelmore
    sigpic

The money saved in cheap episodes goes into the bigger episodes, its nothing new. Also they didnt know that this was going to be the last season, you think they can see into the future. Somehow "know" it's the last season, better make every episode "count". please..

Comment

Originally posted by raistlin View Post
      The money saved in cheap episodes goes into the bigger episodes, its nothing new. Also they didnt know that this was going to be the last season, you think they can see into the future. Somehow "know" it's the last season, better make every episode "count". please..
      Base on several interviews i've read they have random episodes written in that has nothing to do with the particular Season's Plot.. Like this one. They had a pretty good idea there show was in trouble around the middle of filming season 4.. i Remember watching them at Comic Con 06 and a big Discovery Head Honcho was there on the panel and she was responding to questions regarding the longetivity of the show compared to SG-1. She responded that "Things are'nt bad but people need to Watch the show when it comes on and not Tivo it".. Those are her exact words and when i heard her say that i was like......... what? There have been a problem with the ratings ever since season 3 was dirt
      Jason Elmore
      [email protected]
      Gamertag: Got Seven
      www.myspace.com/jasonmelmore
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasonelmore View Post
        This is the last season of atlantis and with that being said these episodes need to be ground breaking.. this is yet another episode where the producers used about 20 minutes of old content as a "Filler" to make a cheap and quick episode. THere have been several like this in SG-1 and in Atlantis.. comeon guys.. you have writers.. are they out of idea's? half way through and no "Major" Plot to end the series off with. This episode was horrible!
        I liked Inquisition. It was a good episode, not the best but good. I have never watched SG1, and none of my friends have either. Most SGA fans I talk to on diff. websides don't watch SG1 either, so for us it is a new episode and we liked it. SGA has a lot of Fans that don't watch SG1. I never could get into SG1, didn't like it. But I like SGA, like the Characters. That is why we watch the Show, we prob. won't watch SGU since it will have diff. actors in it. I thought Sheppard did a good Job in Inquisition. Brainstorm is the Episode I won't be watching, I don't care for Keller and Mc Kay. It drags on for too long and it seems like a Soap-opera. We all have decided not to watch it.

Comment

I found this episode a little sexist.

-The one that was unreasonable and over-emotional was the only female on the jury
          -The guys at the end were acting like man's men, manly bonding over their successes w/cigars and alcoholic beverages (although, Sheppard looked totally uncomfortable, so that's a consolation)
          -Tayla didn't really contribute anything, is her character having a personal crisis? What's so wrong with her consistently having specialized wraith mind powers?

Comment

Originally posted by jasonelmore View Post
            Base on several interviews i've read they have random episodes written in that has nothing to do with the particular Season's Plot.. Like this one.
            That's the nature of Stargate. They have always had lots of standalone episodes. Some of which introduce things that could possibly be expanded upon later, (the coalition, likey would've came back if they got a season 6) others are just fun off to the side things. So it's a little late to be upset with a well established format that has been used for 15 seasons.

They had a pretty good idea there show was in trouble around the middle of filming season 4.. i Remember watching them at Comic Con 06 and a big Discovery Head Honcho was there on the panel and she was responding to questions regarding the longetivity of the show compared to SG-1. She responded that "Things are'nt bad but people need to Watch the show when it comes on and not Tivo it".. Those are her exact words and when i heard her say that i was like......... what? There have been a problem with the ratings ever since season 3 was dirt
            So should they have made season 4 "count" as well based on the assumption that it might be their last? And if they did, where would they get the money from to do something extra special? With this season, they already got extra money to do something special for the 100th episode, they weren't going to get even more in preparation for a decision that Sci Fi and MGM had no intention of coming to until it was too late. Regardless, for the bulk of Stargate's history the writers have had no idea if their current season would be their last and were no more optimistic about the idea that it would continue than you described them being during season 4.

Comment

Personally i didnt mind the episode.

It was yes a flash back episode that has been done many times on both SG1 and SGA, However i think the whole idea of the Epi was to give Atlantis as a whole a push to get more involved which in turn will bring more of the plot together. On top of that it again gives Woolsey more of a character defining moment which i think will make him more likely to agree to missions that he would have said no to earlier.

The Ep has now pushed Atlantis onto the forefront of the "Alliance" to now try things to knock out the Wraith once and for all which would be the job of the Tv movie at the end of this season to tie up loose ends.

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008
              He will be missed.

Comment

Working...
              X