Team fic recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team fic recs

I've always thought good team-based fic hard to come by. Many folks don't know what to do with the alien. They are busy writing ship. Or a character focus. Nothing wrong with that, I particularly like Sam focused fic of no particular pairing. But sometimes, it's nice to read a story about the team, and I know there are others that like a good teamfic too.

So here's a place to recomend them. It's ok if there's a character focus, as long as the rest of the team is featured into a good part of the story, when Teal'c isn't sent off to endlessly kelnoreem and Sam in her lab while the story focuses on Jack and Daniel... Or it's all about Sam and Jack... Well you know what I mean. If something happens to a character, the rest of the team should be shown dealing with it somewhere in the story.

Please post ratings and any warnings or pairings.

To get the ball rolling, The Making of a Team by Moonshayde
    Rating Older kids, Humor, drama, missing scene, set early season one.

They may seem slightly OOC, but take into account it's an early story, set immediately after Children of the Gods. Keeping that in mind, the characters make sense with what was shown of them in that Pilot episode.

And a little something light I wrote, Whee! PG, late season one, humor/fluff
    sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

I'll need to look at the list of mine to see which are which, but off the top of my head

Covenant - the team stumbles across a part of earth's past off world
    Mirror, Mirror - 4 AU stories. sam/lorne in the first one (au sam that is) and then if you squint really hard you MIGHT be able to read sam/jack into it, but i wrote them as friends and not romantic partners, so there's no romance

centre of attention is another team fic, a daniel focus and a crossover with Pretender, but no romance

all available at emerald city (link below) just check out the alpha page

I'll think on others that aren't romancy but simple team adventures
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

pimping my own, since that's easier than looking for links on a borrowed computer

cabin fever - s6 fic, jack takes the team to a cabin but it just might cost two of them their lives

captive - a member of the sgc is captured - an OC fic although the team is heavily featured

duty and honor - sam focused, based on the premise of whether jacob would sacrifice his daughter's well being for a mission

eenie, meenie, miney, mo - this fic can acutually be ship or slash or gen...you choose. it's a 'choose your own adventure' type of fic

the Oz quadology - a series of four fic that start with a trip to kansas

the secrecy trilogy - sam focused, based off the idea of 'what if the nid got sam before the ashrak did'

lady of the house - typical off world adventure

p37296 was a very nice planet - another typical off world adventure

that'll be the day - a sam/jack and teal'c adventure - set between seasons 5 and 6

those that forget - what was supposed to be a fandemonium submission. a season 6 fic, a sequel to memento

all at Emerald City, all ship free (written that way anyway although i do write them as friends) and all having everyone having a mostly equal part in the story

sigpic

Comment

If you want a long read and you're not afraid of crossovers, I highly recommend "Distorted Reflections" by Lizardbeth and Lowri. It crosses over with the show "Jeremiah" and features all characters from both shows, both as a team and individually.

Description:
        While searching for the Lost City, Jack, Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel are trapped in a strange and frightening alternate Earth. Fifteen years ago a terrible disease killed the adults, leaving the children to fend for themselves. Now those children have grown up, and a war is brewing over who will control the future. SG-1 finds they'll have to fight and risk everything, if they hope to return home.
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3614396/...ed_Reflections

Comment

I've read some of these, and some not.

Here's some more (Ok so half my teamfic is humor...)

Overwhelming Coolness by jojo Season 6 team rated PG

and Alien Cultures by AnCa season 7 rated T This one has lots of whump and good stuff like that.
          sigpic

Comment

I've heard some complain that the emphasis of this trilogy was too much on the Sam/Jack angle, but personally, I felt it was a study in SG-1, with an S/J sideline. Especially in part 3. therefore, I think it qualifies as teamfic.

SGCBearcub's Monkey Screaming rating T on FF.net, I can no longer find the M version of the third part, there is one explicit scene that is removed, but the story is otherwise intact. Clonefic. And BTW, Silk and Chains is probably one of my most favorite stories ever.
            sigpic

Comment

Yay! The thread I've been waiting for! Thanks iamdragonrider for getting the ball rolling.

Not sure which of these rec'd fics I've read already as there have been so many, but I'll take a look at each just to be sure. I've always loved a good, well written team fic. Thanks everyone for posting all your links.

Comment

Try Stargatefan. It's all gen, so more of the stories are team oriented:
                http://www.stargatefan.com/archives/index.php

Comment

When I used to use Stargatefan I found them to be heavily Danielcentric.
                  sigpic

Comment

No more than the other archives (folks do like Daniel). It's worth a look anyway. It's not like it isn't sorted by Genre and has descriptions.
                    Edit: My Bad - there's no team catagory.
                    Here's a team story link, anyway-
                    It's called 'A Source of Power':
                    http://www.stargatefan.com/archives/...ry.php?sid=351
                    It has 7 chapters.
                    Last edited by amconway; 13 November 2008, 12:13 AM.

Comment

most of the 'gen' archives ARE daniel heavy....simply because to some 'team' = Daniel and his side kicks. then again, to others, the sam and jack relationship - be it simple friendship or more - is the focus of the show and thus their story.

That being said, Stargatefan is about the only sg1 archive left that allows no ship at all (although last time i looked, 'canon ship' (jack/sara, sam/pete, daniel/shau'ri, etc, were fine as long as they weren't explicit...the main ship that is disallowed from stargatefan is anything sam and jack)

Another archive you can look at is www.jackfic.net

obviously jack centric, and the site allows ship, but no adult stuff.

what is very, very difficult to find is anything resembling gen that doesn't focus on jack or daniel. and even harder is a team type fic that isn't also heavily HC whump.

sigpic

Comment

Heliopolis (Gen part) has a team catagory. Here's a link to the team based stories:
                        http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archiv...gories&catid=1

Comment

I feel like even the Fandemonium books, which were supposed to be "team" focused, where heavily Jack/Daniel focused.

Every now and again, I'll read a good character focus fic that actually does the rest of the team justice, but those are rare. it's one thing to put a particular character through some sort of trial, be it angst, whump, whatever, but it's another to really take a look at how the rest of the team is responding.

Heck, I thought I was writing teamfic sometimes for a while... until I realized I was pretty much only writing Sam-centric fic.
                          sigpic

Comment

The Stargate Fan Awards always had a team category. But again, most of those are Jack or Daniel centric, and I do believe at least one of mine ended up in there too for lack of a properly descriptive category to place it under. It wasn't exactly character centric... but it wasn't exactly team either.
                            sigpic

Comment

the problem is 'centric' is a relative term.

it depends on how one defines 'team'

to some, team = daniel and his sidekicks, to others, it's 'jack and his kids'

and, if one is sensitive to 'too much icky ship' or 'too much icky sam'....well those preferences will color precisely what you define as 'team'

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X