PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Hulk 2 - News/Discussion/Speculation

Madwelshboy
October 25th, 2008, 10:59 AM
MTV chatted with The Incredible Hulk producer Gale Anne Hurd, who said she has every intention on making a follow-up and that Edward Norton is signed on:

"It's all going to depend on the screenplay and where his character goes in any sequel, because he does have a multiple-picture deal," she said of Norton, who told us recently that he's waiting to hear from Marvel regarding Hulk's future. "[Norton's situation] is the same with every franchise like this, when you have one of the top actors of his generation."

But first, you're likely going to see him in The Avengers:

"Next, he's likely to appear in an 'Avengers' movie, but that's completely up to Marvel," she explained. "It's wonderful that Marvel now controls so many of their own characters, and they can create a Marvel universe in film and populate it with so many of their characters who naturally exist together. I think an 'Avengers' film is a very exciting prospect."

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1597802/story.jhtml

mr_kennedy
October 25th, 2008, 06:49 PM
everyone knows hulk will be the bad guy, but still it will be interesting to see a live action take on the avengers

i think i heard they are using the original team, i hope this is true

the fifth man
October 25th, 2008, 07:55 PM
everyone knows hulk will be the bad guy, but still it will be interesting to see a live action take on the avengers

i think i heard they are using the original team, i hope this is true

I hate to be stupid, but who did comprise the original team? Besides Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man.

mr_kennedy
October 25th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I hate to be stupid, but who did comprise the original team? Besides Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man.

iron-man, antman, wasp, thor & hulk were the original team

captain america joined them and then they fought hulk so he left

the fifth man
October 26th, 2008, 05:58 PM
iron-man, antman, wasp, thor & hulk were the original team

captain america joined them and then they fought hulk so he left

Thanks for that.:)

Madwelshboy
November 25th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Tim Blake Nelson, who played Dr. Samuel Sterns in The Incredible Hulk, tells Ain't It Cool News that the plan is for his character to become villain The Leader in a possible sequel:

Quint: Great well what about a potential HULK sequel? Gale Anne Hurd's been going around talking about how you might be The Leader and the main villain of the next one.
Tim Blake Nelson: That's the plan. That's what they tell me, but I don't know when that's happening or what the details are but I am eager to do it and I hear that's in the works. I would tell you if I knew more, but I honestly don't.

Quint: Yeah, but you haven't played a comic-book villain yet right?
Tim Blake Nelson: No, but I had a great time doing HULK, so if they want me for HULK 2 I'm there, it certainly was the plan going into HULK 1. When I met with them they said this is where itís headed so I'm eager to do it.

Marvel Studios has not announced whether it will move forward with a follow-up.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/hulknews.php?id=7838

the fifth man
November 25th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I sure hope there is a sequel. I really enjoyed the first one, and totally saw where they were going with Sterns when that stuff came in contact with his head.

Madwelshboy
August 31st, 2009, 04:26 AM
Louis Leterrier Wants Incredible Hulk 2

The Incredible Hulk didn't make back its $150 budget and is only considered a mild success. So the fact that Marvel isn't rushing back to the big green monster isn't particularly a surprise.

If the studio wanted to make a follow-up to "The Incredible Hulk," director Louis Leterrier would be more than happy to return.

"Sure, I'd return to it. I have some ideas. So many ideas for so many things," he told Moviehole, adding: "[Edward Norton is] a great actor and a great Hulk."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Watchtower/news/?a=9662

the fifth man
August 31st, 2009, 07:35 PM
I really hope another one gets made, with Edward Norton. I thought he was great as Banner.

Alan Wake
July 11th, 2010, 01:07 PM
After watching the first movie again today, I forgot how bad it was. The Hulk

DigiFluid
July 11th, 2010, 01:09 PM
After watching the first movie again today, I forgot how bad it was. The Hulk
Which first one? The godawful Ang Lee one from a few years back, or the pretty decent one that Ed Norton made?

Alan Wake
July 11th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Which first one? The godawful Ang Lee one from a few years back, or the pretty decent one that Ed Norton made?

That. I consider that one the first, even though the Ed Norton one "restarted" it again.

It's just horrible. and it's soo long too.

DigiFluid
July 11th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Oh yeah. It was such a bad movie.

TheRandomOne
July 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Norton was dropped from The Avengers this weekend. I doubt he will be back for another Hulk movie

DigiFluid
July 11th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I hope he does an Incredible Hulk 2 anyway, just to thumb his nose at Marvel for that moronic decision.

Replicator Todd
July 11th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I hope he does an Incredible Hulk 2 anyway, just to thumb his nose at Marvel for that moronic decision.

I'm very angry at Marvel, and thats never happened before.

DigiFluid
July 11th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I'm very angry at Marvel, and thats never happened before.
You mean to say that the Fantastic Four movies, Spider-Man 3, and X-Men 3 didn't piss you off? :eek:

jelgate
July 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
You mean to say that the Fantastic Four movies, Spider-Man 3, and X-Men 3 didn't piss you off? :eek:

No network is perfect. They all have thier bad movies or TV shows depending on the network. And I quite liked Spider-man 3.

DigiFluid
July 11th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Of the four movies I listed, Spider-Man 3 was definitely the best of the lot. But it was still a really lousy movie. And X3.....oh gods.

jelgate
July 11th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Of the four movies I listed, Spider-Man 3 was definitely the best of the lot. But it was still a really lousy movie. And X3.....oh gods.

It wasn't the best but their worst. I quite liked it. I would have loved it they had gotten rid one of the villian. Probably Sandman

DigiFluid
July 11th, 2010, 05:39 PM
It wasn't the best but their worst. I quite liked it. I would have loved it they had gotten rid one of the villian. Probably Sandman
I was saying over in the scifi movies thread the other day....Spider-Man 3 could've been a brilliant piece about visiting the sins of the father on the son--Harry as the one driven mad with a lust for violence and revenge, with Peter/Sandman being the positive/redemption side of the coin contrasting Harry.

But alas....they failed on every front, Harry/Goofy Goblin, Venom, and Sandman.

jelgate
July 11th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I agree for the most part but would have gotten rid of Sandman instead of Venom. You can't get rid of Harry going Green Goblin. Its too iconic of Spider-man mythos. You could make either Venom or Sandman work given their comic book appeal and the former has more trailer pull.

DigiFluid
July 11th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I dunno, for the story that was being told I think Sandman worked (or COULD HAVE worked) better.

I'd agree that Venom absolutely has more trailer pull, but that's a character that's deserving of an entire film with it as the only villain. I'm a bit biased in this respect because Venom is my favourite Spider-Man villain, but I do think that it's a complex enough villain to warrant its own outing. I thought Sam Raimi did a very poor job with Venom in SM3, and I can't help but wonder if that's because it's a character that he openly doesn't like.

And yes, Harry as the Goblin is a very important part of SM mythos and needed to be told.

Replicator Todd
July 11th, 2010, 06:24 PM

Oh they annyoed more than they made me mad, I still liked those films though, i'm a sucker for liking bad superhero movies. But I don't blame Marvel for those, I blame Fox and Sony.

I'd get rid of Venom, kept the symbiote and the black suit and have Venom in Spider-Man 4.....or no symbiotes at all. I liked Spider-Man 3, but Venom and Emo Peter(the dancing scene :eek:) needed to go.

DigiFluid
July 11th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I liked Spider-Man 3, but Venom and Emo Peter(the dancing scene :eek:) needed to go.
I had shut that out of my memories, thank you very much >.<

the fifth man
July 11th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Norton was dropped from The Avengers this weekend. I doubt he will be back for another Hulk movie

That sucks! I really wanted a sequel to Norton's first Hulk.

jelgate
July 11th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I dunno, for the story that was being told I think Sandman worked (or COULD HAVE worked) better.

I'd agree that Venom absolutely has more trailer pull, but that's a character that's deserving of an entire film with it as the only villain. I'm a bit biased in this respect because Venom is my favourite Spider-Man villain, but I do think that it's a complex enough villain to warrant its own outing. I thought Sam Raimi did a very poor job with Venom in SM3, and I can't help but wonder if that's because it's a character that he openly doesn't like.

And yes, Harry as the Goblin is a very important part of SM mythos and needed to be told.
Oh definitly. I think its been shown how the writer/director's passion for a story has a positive impact on the story. As for Venom I don't know. He need to fight someone as he dons the black suit and him fighting Green Goblin as the black suit would be benefical to both story arcs as the movie continues. I think you could both to work really good. with those two especially if you want Harry to turn again

Oh they annyoed more than they made me mad, I still liked those films though, i'm a sucker for liking bad superhero movies. But I don't blame Marvel for those, I blame Fox and Sony.

I'd get rid of Venom, kept the symbiote and the black suit and have Venom in Spider-Man 4.....or no symbiotes at all. I liked Spider-Man 3, but Venom and Emo Peter(the dancing scene :eek:) needed to go.

Black suit but no Venom. Thats hersey.

magictrick
July 11th, 2010, 07:40 PM
I was expecting so much more from Venom. I wonder what they'd do with Carnage.

As for Hulk, I doubt Ed Norton will be back for a 2nd now that he's not on Avengers anymore. But really, this means every time there's a new Hulk movie, there's a new lead actor. I think the franchise is just cursed.

mr_kennedy
July 12th, 2010, 07:01 AM
I hope this latest hulk movie is good, the last 2 sucked, the last one was much better than the first, however thats not really saying much because the first movie ****ing sucked

As for Ed Norton, meh cant really say i cared for him as Bruce Banner anyway, but im not really sure who could pull off the character of Bruce Banner anyway