This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship name in SGU

got to thinking of the ship name in SGU. seems TPTB are going with "Destiny" for now. i think it should be "Titanic". when the series ends, have the ship get destroyed somehow. falls into a black hole, gets struck by an asteroid or comet, something along those lines............
    if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

That would be really lame.
    I think Destiny is a great name for the show.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrelking View Post
      That would be really lame.
      I think Destiny is a great name for the show.
      yes i agree, if the ancient's followed up this exsperiment i think the ancient's fate would be different from what it is today.

Comment

It needs a new name..... Destiny and the color purple just don't go together.

Comment

They should have a contest for the fans to name it, with a lively nomination process to get people really riled up.

It sounds like something SciFi would do, though, and they won't generate the cool buzz other interested parties could.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
            They should have a contest for the fans to name it, with a lively nomination process to get people really riled up.

It sounds like something SciFi would do, though, and they won't generate the cool buzz other interested parties could.
            I would go for Daedalus 2 . I'm not to fond of the name Destiny though, it sounds kind of flamboyant.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
              It'll end up being named Enterprise.

Or something equally absurd for a millenia old ship to be named.... HMS Penetration.

Comment

I love the name so cool. i actually want the show's name to be changed to 'Stargate Destiny' coz 'Universe' sounds like a national geographic documentary. Destiny is a great name and if its flamboyant then Atlantis name is flamboyant too then. Destiny gives purpose to what they are doing.

Comment

Stargate destiny sounds epic
                  Tst

Comment

Hope we meet some living Ancients!

Comment

Originally posted by sldghamr View Post
                      got to thinking of the ship name in SGU. seems TPTB are going with "Destiny" for now. i think it should be "Titanic". when the series ends, have the ship get destroyed somehow. falls into a black hole, gets struck by an asteroid or comet, something along those lines............
                      Shouldn't there be an iceberg in there somewhere?
                      My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                        Shouldn't there be an iceberg in there somewhere?
                        A Comet???????

It should be called the starship "Ohhhhh we just got so badly pwned by the Ori so had to run away to build big round things in other universes and to make sure that anyone who gets on can't get off ahahahahahahahahaha"

Or simply the Starship "Amelius" after the guy who designed the Astria Porta from scratch?????????

Comment

the name Destiny's all well and good, but i think they would be better off naming it after some sort of well known myth, you know, SGA has The lost city of Atlantis and SG-1 had the Eyptian gods.

Atlantis will survive forever!!!!

Comment

uss todd

ohhhh
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                              It'll end up being named Enterprise.

Or something equally absurd for a millenia old ship to be named.... HMS Penetration.
                              HMS Penetration?? yeah, ok.

only to find out that this is an Ancient brothel................
                              if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

Working...
                              X