Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will Asgaed or Dr Felger 's energy weapon be ready before S9?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will Asgaed or Dr Felger 's energy weapon be ready before S9?

It has been over 7 1/2 yr since Earth first retrieve an Alien Energy weapon.
    And over one yr since Dr Felger 's fail energy weapon test.
    And the battle of Antractica ,prove Earth's F302 fighter is a match for Goa'uld Glider.But the 302 were sitting ducks when they run out of missile, and they can't get reload from X303 during the battle.Even Prometheus run out of missile before General Hammond decided to ramp the Goa'uld mothership .

302 and 303 need reliable energy weapon.

In episode "Grace" , the Alien ship just blow up the 303's missile before they even get close.

Earth missile is good quality and keep million's people employ in the missile factory, a good backup for Energy weapon.But Energy weapon is the only way to match the Goa'uld.
    And their missile system on 303 is making me laugh unintentionally whenever they fail , which is the audiance expected .

what happen to the Asgard design weapon system ?
    We have the Asgard hyperdrive, the beaming teach, Asgard shield but where is the weapon system.
    Don't tell me the missile sytem was from Asgard.

I mean why not import Energy weapon from outer world like the Hebredians , in SpaceRace, a guy can make an Energy pluse gun out of the communication system.
    And Hebredians 's corporation Tech-Con is business firm, i am sure Earth had something they want.We already got the ionic drive from the Hebredians. We just get a sample of their energy weapon and copy it and mass produce it .

Originally posted by ckwongau
    And over one yr since Dr Felger 's fail energy weapon test.
    We don't know if Hammond pulled the plug on it or not after the failed test.
    And even if the project is still going, I doubt Felger is still on it.
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Let's see here, as I remember correctly, trying to power that thing caused a base-wide blackout. Something tells me that part of research was scrubbed.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

My guess is that Prometheus has a Asgard cannon but inefficient power to use it together with the shields.

There's nothing wrong with the missiles, except that they are launched and accelerate too slowly. If the Asgard or Tok'Ra would help us with that we'd have an excellent vessel capable of orbital bombardment and space warfare.

Missiles together with energy weapons is the ultimate solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
          Let's see here, as I remember correctly, trying to power that thing caused a base-wide blackout. Something tells me that part of research was scrubbed.
          <nods> I'm afraid that Felger's weapon research has been put on the same shelf as Sam's Goa'uld hand devices.
          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

How about missiles with mini hyperspace window generators? That would help out with the vulnerability problem during target pursuit. Possible?

Spoiler:
            The Prometheus is equiped with Asgard beam technology. Can it beam things away from itself as well as beam things to itself. We know the asgard can do this. It would be nice to beam replacement missile directly onto the F-302s from the prometheus

Just some light hearted thoughts.

Comment

if the prometheus was ever to have energy weapons from the asgard then it would not be effective on anubis ships as he could repel the fire from thors ship in the last episode of season 5.could he not? this ultimately led to thors capture and the download of his brain.
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

In Endgame the mentioned that Prometheus was going through a major refit maybe that included energy weapons we find out soon enough.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                  How about missiles with mini hyperspace window generators? That would help out with the vulnerability problem during target pursuit. Possible?

Spoiler:
                  The Prometheus is equiped with Asgard beam technology. Can it beam things away from itself as well as beam things to itself. We know the asgard can do this. It would be nice to beam replacement missile directly onto the F-302s from the prometheus

Just some light hearted thoughts.
                  Missiles with hyperspace capability is always suggested, no matter which show you're talking about. The problem in SG1 is that we don't have a good enough power source. Naquadria could work, but we don't have alot of that. I also believe that the Nr used for the hyperspace missiles would be more effective to give more power to the shields and weapons.

And the transporters... Beaming missiles to the F-302s is a possibility, but we'd probably need Asgard sensors for that. What I'd like to see is the transporters beaming away incoming fire from Ha'taks. That would be so cool, but would also require Asgard sensors, or atleast something better then we have.

One thing I'd like to know is how the transporter stores the matter. If it's possible to beam something away and then make, for example, hydrogen out of iron. That would allow one to create missiles (or Drones if you're an Ancient) out of destroyed enemy ships. Would also mean unlimited fuel for engines and such since all you need is to go to a planet and beam some random stuff up.

Imagine the amount of hydrogen one could create from a metric tonne of iron. Unlimited fuel for our Ion engines and if we'd have them, Fusion reactors.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                    if the prometheus was ever to have energy weapons from the asgard then it would not be effective on anubis ships as he could repel the fire from thors ship in the last episode of season 5.could he not? this ultimately led to thors capture and the download of his brain.
                    They didn't have Prometheus during season five.
                    Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                      They didn't have Prometheus during season five.
                      Also, Thor was commanding an 'older model'. Anubis was clearly concerned about the three [O'Neil Class?] ships that showed up later that he got his bad self outta there PDQ.

A mix of energy weapons and missiles would be good for the Prommie imho. Couldn't we have an energy weapon and an Avenger 30mm on the 302s?
                      Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Now that Prometheus has an Asgard Hyperdrive, it's reasonable to assume that it can power whatever weapons Thor gave us in Disclosure.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X