survival gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

survival gear?

shouldn't the atlantis teams have gas masks as part of their survival gear? they probably should have had time to put them on.

KEEP IT CLEAN
    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

They were on what was essentially supposed to be a diplomatic mission.

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
      shouldn't the atlantis teams have gas masks as part of their survival gear? they probably should have had time to put them on.
      sg1 never did
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well when SG-1 did have them on, it's only used when the MALP detected toxic gases in the atmosphere but since Atlantis doesn't use MALPS to see danger ahead...

But this was suppose to be a diplomatic mission.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
          Well when SG-1 did have them on, it's only used when the MALP detected toxic gases in the atmosphere but since Atlantis doesn't use MALPS to see danger ahead...
          But this was suppose to be a diplomatic mission.
          Since when?
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

yea i thought this season woolsey made it a mandate to use malps
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Since when?
              Since they discovered that there are spacegates in Pegasus?

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
              yea i thought this season woolsey made it a mandate to use malps
              Hmm must've missed that, what episode did he enforce that?
              I know they used it in E2 since they knew it was a landgate and possible wraith activity around it but other than that i cant remember hearing anything about it.
              Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
              Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
                Since they discovered that there are spacegates in Pegasus?

Hmm must've missed that, what episode did he enforce that?
                I know they used it in E2 since they knew it was a landgate and possible wraith activity around it but other than that i cant remember hearing anything about it.
                Yup, they used their first MALP in season 1 episode 1, and this season Woolsey made them mandatory in order to keep people from falling into traps and such (of course, in real life this would always have been the policy... but this is TV).

Comment

You know the old saying from bosses, "We're implementing new policies and we're also reinforcing old ones". I would love to see an episode where they don't use a MALP, a team goes through the gate but oh dear, the gate that they connected to has an iris. That would teach the entire Atlantis personnel to use a MALP! That's what they're for.

Since McKay is so smart, surely he can design and create a MALP that navigate in Space, at the very least, survive long enough for it to be collected with a Jumper.
                  Last edited by JackHarkness_Hot; 25 October 2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

A MALP wouldn't have helped them here though because it started out as a diplomatic mission
                    sigpic

Comment

But would have helped them in past missions and future ones.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                        But would have helped them in past missions and future ones.
                        Yup, agreed. I missed the bit where this went from this ep to "in general"
                        sigpic

Comment

LOL, it happens.

Comment

Yeah, they've been using MALPs since day one. However, they don't use them for planets that they think are safe. What Woolsey was pushing for was to have it so that it didn't matter if the planet was just checked out a few hours ago. If you go back to that planet in a short amount of time or send a secondary party after the primary one, you have to send a MALP ahead first. Even if you just come back to get something (medical supplies for example) you'd have to send a MALP ahead to make sure something didn't happen in that brief amount of time. However, it was never said if this moved from theory to practice. They left us with Woolsey pushing for it and Sheppard shrugging it off as too much of a hassle for the small amount of risk involved.

Comment

sg1 had gas masks. in legacy they saw those dead goa'uld and immediately put them on. any time it looked like there might be any sort of toxin or virus they put them on. but as others have said it was a diplomatic mission.
                              An Axe age, A Sword age, Shields are sundered,
                              A Wind age, A Wolf age, Ere the World falls,
                              And no Man shall spare Another.

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

Comment

Working...
                              X