PDA

View Full Version : The Genii are worse snakes then the goa'uld.

The6thRace
October 25th, 2008, 06:06 AM
What is this now, the 5th time that the expedition has been betrayed by the Genii? I don't think Atlantis should have ever dealt with them after the 2nd betrayal. If it wasn't for the Genii, the expedition would have an extra ZPM. Sure they supplied the nuke in season 2, but the expedition might not have needed that with the extra zpm. They have cost the expedition serious time and resources that could have been better spent fighting the wraith.

ljsevern
October 25th, 2008, 08:47 AM
What is this now, the 5th time that the expedition has been betrayed by the Genii?

They came under new leadership. Genii soldiers were involved in the kidnapping of Teyla's people and the Princess episode; but it is not clear that it was directly ordered by the Genii; IIRC, they deny it. So you can hardly count them as betreyals.

I don't think Atlantis should have ever dealt with them after the 2nd betrayal.

Under new management...

If it wasn't for the Genii, the expedition would have an extra ZPM. Sure they supplied the nuke in season 2, but the expedition might not have needed that with the extra zpm. They have cost the expedition serious time and resources that could have been better spent fighting the wraith.

What would they have done with the extra ZPM? Hold the shield up longer? They had no offensive weapons to attack the wraith, so still needed the nukes

female Wraith
October 25th, 2008, 09:00 AM
What is this now, the 5th time that the expedition has been betrayed by the Genii? I don't think Atlantis should have ever dealt with them after the 2nd betrayal. If it wasn't for the Genii, the expedition would have an extra ZPM. Sure they supplied the nuke in season 2, but the expedition might not have needed that with the extra zpm. They have cost the expedition serious time and resources that could have been better spent fighting the wraith.

Yea fifth time as a whole and second time during the leadership of Ladon Radeem - if we accept that he is not without guilt in the case of Harmony.
And btw if the Genii hadn't screwed up the things in Brotherhood with an extra ZPM Atlantis would be able to dial Earth and get plenty of advanced nukes even naquada bombs and whatever they desired to fight the Wraith, not the primitive radioactive nukes of the Genii....
Oh, how I want to see these scums the Genii been thrown to the Wraith....how many good snacks ...:D :wraithanime11:

rarocks24
October 25th, 2008, 10:01 AM
That under new management stabbed us in the back for a power play.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 25th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Well, its sort of like the US-Russia cooperation. We're technically no longer enemies, but we still have our own agenda. As well, we don't like the other's influence. I think they should have done this earlier.

tombombadil
October 25th, 2008, 10:08 AM
seems a lot like cold war politics to me

rsanchez
October 25th, 2008, 10:50 AM
What would they have done with the extra ZPM? Hold the shield up longer? They had no offensive weapons to attack the wraith, so still needed the nukes
If the shield were to hold a little longer, that means we would have been safe while the Daedalus was on it's way. Then the Daedalus would have started pwning like it did when it got to Atlantis.

FallenAngelII
October 25th, 2008, 10:53 AM
With a 2nd ZPM, we might have even been able to fly the city somewhere safe way, way back!

elbo
October 25th, 2008, 12:26 PM
With a single ZPM, we could have dialed Earth and re-supply with ammunition. Considering that the Earth's ZPM would have remained in SGC. Otherwise, in Siege, the military didn't have any secondary strategy to stop the Hives and only went with the assumptions that the Wraith don't have means to detect their nuclear mines, which is not even a real strategy.

rsanchez
October 25th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I still think with a ZPM, their priority would have been first to maintain the city's shields, and only as a last resort would they have abandoned the city using the ZPM. In fact, the defensive force from Earth arrived right when the expedition was dialing the gate for evacuation. The extra ZPM would have been used solely for the maintaining of the city's shield until the arrival of the Daedalus.

Infinite-Possibilities
October 25th, 2008, 06:16 PM
The Goa'uld are not technically snakes. Um, are they?http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/54.gif

The6thRace
October 25th, 2008, 06:41 PM
That Goa'uld are not technically snakes. http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/54.gif

You mean those slimy slithering no good snakes?

Amalthea
October 25th, 2008, 06:44 PM
They really are snakes! I can understand that they have some trust issues, but really, it makes them no better than the Wraith when they threw the Atlantis expedition under the bus for their own personal gain. Besides, I doubt they would ever use all the resources the Coalition gives them to protect the non-Genii parts of it anyway. They would take what they need and look out for #1 and the Coalition would be left high and dry, begging for Atlantis's help.

rarocks24
October 25th, 2008, 06:47 PM
With a 2nd ZPM, we might have even been able to fly the city somewhere safe way, way back!

We had three.

elbo
October 25th, 2008, 09:09 PM
The Genii are practicaly terorists. I cannot imagine why they are seen like the strongest military power beside Atlantis, when the don't even have means of inter stelar travel or the advanced energy space and hand guns of the Travellers.

What is in fact their plan to destroy the Wraith, that they are so eager to get rid of Atlantis?

When the Wraith were hibernating it was fantasy to belive that even with the A bombs finished they will get any Hive destroyd, as the Wraith aren't that stupid to land their Hives on planets with normal gates, but only with spacegates, as we saw in 'Rising'. Also they don't have just Hives, they have labs and facilities on planets with spacegates (Spoils of War), to not be vulnerable to ground attacks.

Now that they are awake and the Hives are continuosly moving trough space, the Genii are totaly out of the equation. I don't understand their political agenda, especially why they want to isolate Atlantis and why they even consider themself competition. At least the terorists we know 'aquired' means of flying. These Genii are useless, we didn't even saw they have the capabilities to take dawn a lauzy dart, with let's say a rocket launcher.

TheoryCraft
October 25th, 2008, 09:54 PM
The Genii are practicaly terorists.

And not very effective ones at that. If any thing all they manage to do is be extremelyannoying.

Giantevilhead
October 26th, 2008, 12:59 AM
The Genii are deluded and ignorant. They need to use the Daedalus to take the Genii on a tour of the galaxy. If the Genii knew just how pathetic their little kiloton nukes are, they might reconsider their position. However, if the Genii becomes too much of a threat, Atlantis could just send the Daedalus to take away their gate.

Womble
October 26th, 2008, 02:20 AM
The Genii are practicaly terorists. I cannot imagine why they are seen like the strongest military power beside Atlantis, when the don't even have means of inter stelar travel or the advanced energy space and hand guns of the Travellers.

What is in fact their plan to destroy the Wraith, that they are so eager to get rid of Atlantis?

When the Wraith were hibernating it was fantasy to belive that even with the A bombs finished they will get any Hive destroyd, as the Wraith aren't that stupid to land their Hives on planets with normal gates, but only with spacegates, as we saw in 'Rising'. Also they don't have just Hives, they have labs and facilities on planets with spacegates (Spoils of War), to not be vulnerable to ground attacks.

Now that they are awake and the Hives are continuosly moving trough space, the Genii are totaly out of the equation. I don't understand their political agenda, especially why they want to isolate Atlantis and why they even consider themself competition. At least the terorists we know 'aquired' means of flying. These Genii are useless, we didn't even saw they have the capabilities to take dawn a lauzy dart, with let's say a rocket launcher.
The Genii have brains. They are, in fact, the only adversaries in the Stargate universe who have brains, which makes them a lot more dangerous than the witless Wraith. (For example, the Genii were the only enemy who came close to taking Atlantis over). They are not very advanced technologically yet, but they are on the right track, they take their time and they know how to exploit every new resource they come across. If any Pegasus natives stand a chance of defeating the Wraith, it's the Genii.

Giantevilhead
October 26th, 2008, 02:45 AM
The Genii are building their A bombs in the same place where they live. They'll die of radiation poisoning long before they can take on the Wraith.

Womble
October 26th, 2008, 03:06 AM
The Genii are building their A bombs in the same place where they live. They'll die of radiation poisoning long before they can take on the Wraith.
I don't think the Genii are based only on that one planet. They seem to be quite widely distributed.

Infinite-Possibilities
October 26th, 2008, 04:06 AM
I thought they were primarily situated on one, and may have had certain bases on others.

GoSpikey
October 26th, 2008, 06:25 AM
The Genii are deluded and ignorant. They need to use the Daedalus to take the Genii on a tour of the galaxy. If the Genii knew just how pathetic their little kiloton nukes are, they might reconsider their position. However, if the Genii becomes too much of a threat, Atlantis could just send the Daedalus to take away their gate.

They'd try to take over the Daedalus... ;)

I don't think the Genii are based only on that one planet. They seem to be quite widely distributed.

True. They hide in many different worlds, I think. Well, in any case, those bunkers seem to be everywhere. So they also more around quite often.

Think Todd's trying to cull them all? :P

norph
October 26th, 2008, 06:50 AM
One thing I could never understand is if the Genii is so well known in the Pegasus galaxy that almost everyone knows about them, why isn't the Wraith aware of them with all their wraith worshippers. With the wraith actively removing threats, they would had move against the Genii already. The Atlantis expedition arrived in the pegasus galaxy for a little over a year and suddenly everyone is aware of them.

PantheraLeo
October 26th, 2008, 07:37 AM
they probably made themselves known in some way or other so that they won't be totally eclipsed by the Atlantis Expedition

jenks
October 26th, 2008, 10:05 AM
One thing I could never understand is if the Genii is so well known in the Pegasus galaxy that almost everyone knows about them, why isn't the Wraith aware of them with all their wraith worshippers. With the wraith actively removing threats, they would had move against the Genii already. The Atlantis expedition arrived in the pegasus galaxy for a little over a year and suddenly everyone is aware of them.

They probably are, but why would they care? They're no more a threat than all the other primitive rifle wielding natives out there, it's not like their nuke program would be common knowledge...