Atlantis' stargate after First Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis' stargate after First Contact

In the episode First Contact the stargate in Atlantis blew up. I noticed magically in Inquisition they had one in their gate room again. And not just any stargate but the same design as the previous one they had. To me it isn't some gate they were just able to harvest from some abandoned planet. Is this a major plot hole or did I just miss the explanation?

They got a new one obviously.
    And who ever designs the sets probably was just hoping no one would notice if it was actually the same one.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Are the gates necessarily different in design? The main problem now, is that their original gate from Atlantis was the only gate that was able to dial earth directly.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
      MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Atlantis had a standard Pegasus Stargate. The new one came from the galactic Stargate bridge. It wasn't the Stargate that was unique, it was the DHD. Either the DHD control crystal survived, or Atlantis has a few spare crystals.

Comment

Yes the control crystal was in the DHD and they pretty much confirmed that it survived in "The Lost Tribe" - At the very end of the episode Daniel stated that Landry wanted him to recover back on Earth. Mckay responded by saying the Daedalus picked up a gate from the old gate bridge and his team was installing it as they speak so they'd "have him home in no time." So since they sent Daniel back to Earth through the gate we know it wasn't damaged when that piece of debree fell on the console.

Comment

I believe malozzi said that the control crystal necessary for intergalactic gate travel survived the explosion
            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I see that they managed to remodel the entire Control Room, yes it's of the same design but they have mounted on new lights on the walls to make the control room brighter, new conference table which looks nice and of course, the gate room is fixed like brand new, literally, cleaner staircases, everything looks clean.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                I see that they managed to remodel the entire Control Room, yes it's of the same design but they have mounted on new lights on the walls to make the control room brighter, new conference table which looks nice and of course, the gate room is fixed like brand new, literally, cleaner staircases, everything looks clean.
                It seems like enjoy blowing up the gate room every once in a while so they can "shake things up" by remodeling it. It's "Extreme City Make-Over: Atlantis Edition"!.

Comment

Ty Pennington are you here? LOL

Sure it looks really really nice and all, hell I want to live in it! It looks so 21st century modern apartment architectural design that I've always wanted. The whole light-airy, bright, spacious apartment with light colours with the touch of Maple or Oak wood; but it would be nice to see the repair team actually make repairs instead of showing us techs playing with the servers as shown in this episode.

In fact did they repaint the staircase railings as well from a light grey to a darker grey?

Comment

Originally posted by HotOne View Post
                    In the episode First Contact the stargate in Atlantis blew up. I noticed magically in Inquisition they had one in their gate room again. And not just any stargate but the same design as the previous one they had. To me it isn't some gate they were just able to harvest from some abandoned planet. Is this a major plot hole or did I just miss the explanation?
                    They mentioned that they will bring a stargate from the old Gate Bridge.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Where did the gates in the gate bridge come from?
                      "You're born, you live and you die. There are no do-overs, no second chances to make things right if you frak 'em up the first time. Not in this life anyway. Like I said, you make your choices and you live with them. And in end you are those choices." --Kendra Shaw

Comment

The gate bridge gates are ordinary Pegasus spacegates stargates that were taken from uninhabited planets.
                        On the Milky Way side of where Midway used to be they used ordinary Milky Way gates.
                        What's the deal with the retardedly huge sigs?!
                        Spelling correction by Gen Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Voxyn View Post
                          What's the deal with the retartedly huge sigs that some of you have?!
                          Totally off topic, but I just saw this for the first time and laughed out loud. I think that all the time. Nothing like waiting for 3000 images to load so you can read a topic.
                          Emerald
                          ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
                          I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Working...
                          X