PDA

View Full Version : Inquisition: Recycle old clips from season 1-4

Earthgate Ricky
October 24th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I think that this episode is okay. They find few old clips to get them together to save money.

The judges remind me of "American Idol". :D

I ma glad to see Liz and Dr. Carson in them too.

tombombadil
October 24th, 2008, 07:23 PM
almost every show in the history of ever has done a clip show. they're used to both save money and to sum things up for new fans.

Earthgate Ricky
October 24th, 2008, 07:25 PM
almost every show in the history of ever has done a clip show. they're used to both save money and to sum things up for new fans.

Yes. I can't count lot of tv shows since 1980's have same thing.

mlarke
October 24th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I liked it. Which is more than I can say for the vast majority of this season. I probably liked it because they spent more time showing clips from, and talking about past seasons.

JeffKnight
October 24th, 2008, 07:28 PM
It's was better than SG-1 clip shows, and did present a nice way to sum up the more important points of the series. A good refresher for us all (not everyone is like me and retains knowledge in their head from every episode) and will be a nice step into the end stretch and movies. As I said in the other thread, I really want to see this Woolsey more often for the rest of the season and in the movies.

jenks
October 24th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I don't mind clip shows to be honest, Citizen Joe was the only one I've disliked from the entire franchise...

Reiko
October 24th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Did they do Lizzie and Carson justice?

Heqet
October 24th, 2008, 08:15 PM
This episode was a disappointment. First of all, they made Woolsey out to be awesome, which he never will be, and secondly, they made Woolsey out to be awesome, which he never will be.

garhkal
October 24th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Well, SG1 had what, 6 or so clip shows... Atlantis only has had 1 that i know of.. well 2 if you consider letters from pegasus back in season 1.

Lythisrose
October 24th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I liked the clips, they reminded me of the good ol' Atlantis I loved in seasons past. Feeling very nostalgic right now.

Col.Foley
October 24th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I liked the clips, they reminded me of the good ol' Atlantis I loved in seasons past. Feeling very nostalgic right now.
:indeed:
Could not have said it better myself.
And watching the good and bad times, the mistakes, the brilliant successes, and the crazy risks.

MIZA
October 25th, 2008, 12:18 AM
so iam wondering it is just a bunch of clips the entire episode or is there just like half and half ??

MIZA
October 25th, 2008, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE=Heqet;9123499]This episode was a disappointment. First of all, they made Woolsey out to be awesome, which he never will be, and secondly, they made Woolsey out to be awesome, which he never will be.[/QUOTE

interesting??

MathiasE
October 25th, 2008, 02:08 AM
so iam wondering it is just a bunch of clips the entire episode or is there just like half and half ??

it's around 50/50

Avalonis
October 25th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Its the final season, a clips show is a good way to check the scoreboard before the final round of the game.

Earthgate Ricky
October 25th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I like it if SA team with Woosley and Carson have been trapped in jumpers or the room as they talked about old times since they arrived in Atlantis. Carson recalled few memories of original Carson about McKay/Beckett's kiss, etc.; Rodney wasn't pleased. In ending, John told Rodney that rest of SA secretly are fond of him as long as they make him irritated. It may make us laugh.

Mitchell82
October 25th, 2008, 10:20 AM
it's around 50/50

More like 30/70. Personally this is one of the if not the best clip eps Stargate has ever done.

Dutch_Razor
October 25th, 2008, 04:31 PM

Afaik Heroes, Prison Break, BSG (?) haven't done any, but Heroes hasn't been around as long.

The Prophet
October 25th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Afaik Heroes, Prison Break, BSG (?) haven't done any, but Heroes hasn't been around as long.

Heroes doesn't do Clip-Shows, they don't have filler episodes; sticking to arcing-episodes. Neither would Lost (apart from the quasi-ret-con that was Exposé).

Clip-shows seem pointless to me, fans already know what happened and don't need reminding. Viewers tuning into watch a program would want to watch something exciting and dramatic, not breif clips from past seasons which they're probably not going to watch).

jelgate
October 25th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Heroes doesn't do Clip-Shows, they don't have filler episodes; sticking to arcing-episodes. Neither would Lost (apart from the quasi-ret-con that was Exposé).Clip-shows seem pointless to me, fans already know what happened and don't need reminding. Viewers tuning into watch a program would want to watch something exciting and dramatic, not breif clips from past seasons which they're probably not going to watch).I would beg to differ. A friend of mine watched Stargate for the forst time last Friday and he loved it. He said it was nice to see the main themes of Atlantis

BuggyMan
October 26th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Last Atlantis season and what do we get?
A clip show.
An effing clip show! I could not believe it. Someone still does that?
I was prepared for another alien-village-unfair-trial episode after reading the title and half a sentence of the synopsis.
But this was an insult to all fans.

The judges were one-dimensional. Their backstory could and should have been a bit fleshed out. E.g. I thought a small clip showing the flight of the female judge from her village would have been good, giving her more depth. But I guess that would have meant less recycling.
The reasonable judge was completely irrelevant.
The Genii-affiliated judge was the only one that got some additonal screen time. And it was not good. "Hey I stand in the shadows. I must be a bad guy.", "Yes, I think I believe your totally believable offer. I will let you leave, although I have no insurance that you will keep your promise. I guess I will just catch you again ... oh wait."
And besides Shepard noone of the team ever left the cell. I would have loved McKay explaining his scientific role in some past events, Ronon and Teyla explaining why Pegasus needs the expedition and why they help them.
But no, all we got was Shepard and Woolsey talking about blowing up stuff.
Seriously, please don't let your kids write episodes again please.

I would beg to differ. A friend of mine watched Stargate for the forst time last Friday and he loved it. He said it was nice to see the main themes of Atlantis
Well, if he starts watching he will be disappointed by all those horrible filler eps. At least he saw the worst one already.
And if he liked the space battles that were undeniably overrepresented in this ep he will be even more disappointed.

jenks
October 26th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Insult to the fans? Get over yourself...

TheoryCraft
October 26th, 2008, 02:50 AM
This is an episode about a trial. It makes sense to show clips for two reasons.
1) So that when they are bringing up a charge and talking about an event that happened, you are watching what they're talking about and are reminded of that said event.
2) Clips mean you don't have to look at the Sheppard and the council for some 45-ish minutes.

DrCheese
October 26th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I don't understand how anyone can defend clipshow's. I don't tune in to see the "new" series of a show only to be fed what essentially a bunch of repeats with a half baked story wrapped around them.

if they need to save money then I'd much rather they missed a show entirely

g.o.d
October 26th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Letters from Pegasus was much more better than this crap