Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Universe - SciFi Wire: Exclusive: Stargate Universe Concept Art!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe - SciFi Wire: Exclusive: Stargate Universe Concept Art!

At SciFi Wire:

(Please follow the link for the complete article and the artwork.)

12:00 AM, 24-OCTOBER-08

Exclusive: Stargate Universe Concept Art!

SCI FI Wire has exclusively obtained the first concept art for the upcoming Stargate Universe, which reveals the new look and feel of this latest spinoff of the Stargate franchise...

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

ok so for the "darker edgyer feel" they're just gonna rip off the ship form the origional alien movie... great...
    sigpic

Comment

ew....
      I hope that was the rejected stuff...

Comment

COOL... reminds me a little of the Ori motherships, more of darker tone it is, but it also seems a little more "tradtional" woodish style I like it. Not to much like Atlantis or anything, more Ori if you ask me. Makes sense though ship was sent out before Atlantis maybe they were sticking to tradtion rather then the new fangled tech.

Now if only they could make me crew less Hormoned and more RDA
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt Do'Urden View Post
          ok so for the "darker edgyer feel" they're just gonna rip off the ship form the origional alien movie... great...
          Uh, being darker and edgier has nothing to do with the lighting or sets you know...

Comment

What's with the console? It looks retarded...
            Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              Uh, being darker and edgier has nothing to do with the lighting or sets you know...
              Not necessarily. The amount of lighting and design of the sets can help set up the mood. Take Star Trek, for instance. Deep Space Nine was intended to be darker and edgier than The Next Generation. The station was literally darker and edgier than the Enterprise-D.
              Of course in order to really be darker and edgier TPTB will need much more than just set designs to convey that.

My main concern is visual continuity with ancient technology as depicted in Atlantis and SG-1
              Last edited by Arthurdent; 23 October 2008, 10:58 PM. Reason: Just thought of another idea.

Comment

It kind of reminds me of Star Wars. At least, the corridor and the airlock door look somewhat similar.
                Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthurdent View Post
                  My main concern is visual continuity with ancient technology as depicted in Atlantis and SG-1
                  Well we have already seen major differences between SG1 and Atlantis Ancient structures. And it stands to reason that in the millions of years the Ancients/Alterans/Lanteans would have changed their style of architecture.
                  Meh.

Comment

I'm indifferent. It doesnt really inspire anything, its just a generic spaceship set like iv seen in many other shows *shrug*, its ok but I dont really love it or hate it.
                    Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                    Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
                      I'm indifferent. It doesnt really inspire anything, its just a generic spaceship set like iv seen in many other shows *shrug*, its ok but I dont really love it or hate it.
                      Exactly! If everyone shares that opinion, how well can this series really go?
                      Meh.

Comment

Oh dear, not filling me with confidence. is not... ancienty. seems like a mix of travellers stuff and matrix tbh. bits of wires around and piping/cabling. the ancient had a better design aesthetic then that i think.

Comment

Originally posted by lilstevo View Post
                          Oh dear, not filling me with confidence. is not... ancienty. seems like a mix of travellers stuff and matrix tbh. bits of wires around and piping/cabling. the ancient had a better design aesthetic then that i think.
                          The first thing i thought of when we saw the traveller's ship interior was that it was ripped right from the Matrix.

But seriously, why are there exposed pipes and wires and crap like that? It's not like the Ancients were in a hurry when they built this ship were they?
                          Meh.

Comment

Not necessarily. The amount of lighting and design of the sets can help set up the mood. Take Star Trek, for instance. Deep Space Nine was intended to be darker and edgier than The Next Generation. The station was literally darker and edgier than the Enterprise-D.
                            Of course in order to really be darker and edgier TPTB will need much more than just set designs to convey that.

No, 'darker and edgier' is a reference to the story telling, it has absolutely nothing to do with the look of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              No, 'darker and edgier' is a reference to the story telling, it has absolutely nothing to do with the look of the show.
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X