Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Dr Keller experiment on Wraith before going to Todd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Dr Keller experiment on Wraith before going to Todd?

Dr Keller is working on a gene theropy which will replace Wraith 's need of feeding on human , with eating food.

But so far she went to Todd selling her theory ,and still hasn't test on real wraith .Almost like asking Todd to send "volunteer".With real result and data , at least we know what we are selling to Todd.
    Like make them eat food , but not making them more aggressive.

Shepphard use that war argument to justify experiment on Wraith POW ,but then Michael started spreading the Hoffman drug and turn people into hybrid.The War argument just not as good as before.
    And consider if we bring Todd real data result , he will know how SGA has done this against some Wraith's freewill, it would be a good diplomatic relationship.

After Michael and Steve(Hoffman drug test subject), using Wraith POW seems a bit more trouble than it's worth.

Does SGA under IOA and Woolsey start to silently admit it was wrong and immoral of using Wraith POW.

wrong? yes, but nessasary
    And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

(Spoilers for season 5)
      Spoiler:

I think the idea is that Todd would provide the test subjects, probably low-ranking wraith from his own alliance. Anyway, he certainly already knows that the Atlanteans experimented on Michael ("I know who he is" in "The Queen"), and he shows no reaction when Keller admits they experimented on captive wraith in "First Contact". I suspect he sees that as "fair game", considering they are (were) at war.
      My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
      Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
      sigpic

Comment

Were they right to do it? YES
        Should they of done it? YES

Should they actively seek out wraith to capture and test on? NO
        Because, who knows? The one we steal might be one of Todd's!

Go Green

Comment

to the wraith we are food.

its comprable to you and a cow.

you eat meat? they feed off humans.

by juding cows and other animals to be less than you intellectually and no problems to eat, thats the same argument for the wraith. same could be said for humans and plants.

humans should have all the right to defend themselves to the best of their ability.

wraith should have the option to help research to change what they eat for food.

its not necesarily immoral or amoral, they are a different life form that has food source not standard for us humans.

Comment

I actually think we should NOT do this until todd gives up some of his.. He might take doing the experiements as a sign of us wanting to give it to someone else, OR as an act of war.

Comment

Well I think it will be a warrior that is the first subject. In Allies the enemy uses one of their soldiers to test the retrovirus. Todd will probably do the same.

Comment

Todd did want to wean the drones off of humans so they'd be more to go around to the important wraith.

Comment

Testing against sentient beings is only morally justifiable if the beings understand the consequences and agree to take the risks.
                  It has always disgusted me that they tested the retrovirus against the Wraith.
                  Doesn't matter if it was necessary for survival in my book.
                  It was wrong.

The tests should only be continued if Todd, or some other friendly Wraith, provides the subjects.
                  (Although I doubt that any subjects he provides would be happy with it)
                  What's the deal with the retardedly huge sigs?!
                  Spelling correction by Gen Blue

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                    Todd did want to wean the drones off of humans so they'd be more to go around to the important wraith.
                    Well he said, not those that would die in battle soon, maybe his alliance planned a battle and Todd knew which of his men he wanted to use.

Comment

Working...
                    X