This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casting is most important

As I have written in the Atlantis thread casting is the most important thing Universe needs to get right. SG1 did this perfectly and Atlantis made mistakes. While crossovers will help bring old fans in, the important thing is to make sure to do those crossover characters right. Given the demographics of the cast as has been told there are 2 great possiblities. They would require changing the bio's of the characters they have already posted though. First prime crossover is young Jack. He has been separate from the Jack we all like for 3 years now. This is an opportunity to bring a loved character with strong leadership skills that they can mold a little differently based on his past 3 years experience. The next best possible candidate would be Haley who appeared in a couple of SG1 episodes. This would give a strong and intelligent female character. Another good candidate is Cassandra the adopted daughter of Frasier. Her age and knowledge would make her an easy fit into a new show. All 3 of these people would have been a good character to have as recurring but given this opportunity for a new show they could all potentially be a main character.

What i would like to see most in the casting is that not all the main characters are from North-America. I would really like it if the character Tamara Jon is from Asia, not te US. Instead of her having a USAF background, make her a brilliant young doctor from an Asian country. And maybe the character of Eli Hitchcock can also be from a non North-American country. All the millitary main charcaters are already American, lets make the expedition a little more international by having main characters with different cultural backgrounds.
    sigpic

Comment

Thankfully it looks like they're talking their time with it unlike Atlantis, how long has the casting call been out now? And they're not starting filming until next year...

Comment

Yeah Febuary is when they usally start up filming.

With this time frame and the fact you would allow the actor a couple of months for relocating to Canada and finding somewhere to live. I would be surprise if they do not announce the cast by the end December early January.

Comment

I agree that they really need to get the casting right. From what I saw of the character descriptions, I was not impressed at all, so I really hope that there are still changes coming.

The cast should definitely be more international; Atlantis already took a step in the right direction, but because all the main characters were either American or Canadian, you didn't get the feeling that the expedition was very international. If it's only people from the SGC or other branch of the US military that are aboard the ship, I can live with it - but if it is an international group of people, then just make it so! It's not a huge deal, but still.

I don't know about bringing young Jack back (I feel that with the presence of the real O'Neill on Earth as Head of Homeworld Security, it might make things a little complicated), but I've always wanted to see Hailey and Cassandra. Especially Cassandra. It was a shame that she didn't get a few more episodes throughout SG-1, but given she's the perfect age and from a previous series and with an interesting background... Somehow, I still find it strange she wasn't brought back earlier.

Comment

Working...
          X