Craig turns down Marvel's 'Thor'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig turns down Marvel's 'Thor'

Daniel Craig has revealed that he turned down the lead role in Marvel's Thor adaptation.

The James Bond star told IESB.net that he laughed off an approach to star in the comic book film, adding that playing 007 and Thor would have been "too much of a power trip".

Craig also confessed that he struggled to envision himself wielding a giant hammer with long hair.

The Kenneth Branagh-directed Thor revolves around disabled medical student Donald Blake, whose alter-ego is the Norse god of thunder.

The movie has a planned release date of June 10, 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...vels-thor.html

He's not the only one struggling with that image. I just can't see long hair suiting him at all. I have a hard time envisioning the film at all without it getting campy. Every time I think about it I see a younger schwarzenegger or Fabio and it's not pretty.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Daniel Craig wouldn't really suit the Thor persona, he just looks too wirely, in my opinion.

The stereotypical Californian Deep Tan/ Bleached Hair image comes in mind for someone to play Thor, I feel. Although, not Arnie, Musclebound and all, but someone with an imposing physique.

Why did they ask Craig, just because he's blonde? I can't see any logic in that proposal at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        Daniel Craig has revealed that he turned down the lead role in Marvel's Thor adaptation.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...vels-thor.html
        Spoiler:
        HAHAHAHAHAHA you must be kidding? He cannot fit! ( throw a blond wig)

Comment

It will be interesting to see who they do end up casting as Thor.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hey I was pretty skeptical when I heard Iron Man was coming to the big screen too.

I'm assuming Craig would have been playing Donald Blake, not Thor. Blake undergoes a transformation into Thor in the comics, so they could have another actor playing the god of thunder.
            Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

More Marvel ****e? Meh...

Comment

Thor. *giggle*
                I wonder if he'll speak in Shakespearean English? More importantly... will Mjolnir be a real Norse hammer or that mallet he wields?
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Brad Pitt had a decent Thor type look in Troy. They should go for him if they want a big name actor

Comment

I'd prefer a lesser known yet great actor so they can put the necessary money into the special effects.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                    X