Kill someone!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill someone!!

There is no doubt that the sense of fear towards the Wraith and basically any enemy that approaches the Expedition members, is gone!

So i say to TPTB, KILL A REGULAR CHARACTER (for good ). Dont kill a redshirt, that does nothing, dont kill a reaccuring, like Heightmeyer, cos it doesn;t leave a long lasting effect, KILL Sheppard, KILL McKay, KILL Teyla, or even KILL Ronin, that would create fear, he is the toughest man apparently.

When the Wraith stun someone these days, it's:
    hmmm lets put them in a cell, let them break out and destroy a Hive and escape as easy as you like!

This diminishes an enemy and the show.

I say again:
    KILL SOMEONE!
    Meh.

Rumor has that they are!
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

...Ford....I am just saying.
      And technically Becket. The new guy is a clone after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
        ...Ford....I am just saying.
        And technically Becket. The new guy is a clone after all.
        Ford was 4 years ago and technically we dont know if he is dead or not...

And Beckett was just killed by some tumour (still can;t believe that), my point is, have the enemy kill someone, to prove to the audience they are not incompetent fools, but rather a threat.
        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
          Rumor has that they are!
          Source?
          Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
            Ford was 4 years ago and technically we dont know if he is dead or not...

And Beckett was just killed by some tumour (still can;t believe that), my point is, have the enemy kill someone, to prove to the audience they are not incompetent fools, but rather a threat.
            Yeah...I agree with you that done right it could be awesome...(Daniel, Fraisier.)
            But, this is Stargate, at least in a sense, not Babylon 5. I hate using that argument for this, but there you have it...or this is not 24. Jack.

Comment

I hate using that argument for this, but there you have it...or this is not 24. Jack.
              LOL someone had to say it
              Meh.

Comment

LOL someone had to say it

Well...they also did in Weir apparently, and that was quite powerful, although that also sucked royally how they did it in the end.
                But you know, there is a huge coaltion of people on GW that do not like the "Constant cast changes"
                If you killed another character it would drive them up a wall.

Comment

Well...they also did in Weir apparently, and that was quite powerful, although that also sucked royally how they did it in the end.
                  But you know, there is a huge coaltion of people on GW that do not like the "Constant cast changes"
                  If you killed another character it would drive them up a wall.
                  But again, Weir was like a second rate death (?). TPTB couldn;t and still can;t make a definite decision over what they want to do with the cast. However, I just feel that the way they right their enemies these days just makes it necessary to kill someone in order to remind us of their power, especially in terms of the Wraith. In hindsight, a death on the Ori arc would have helped, Carter in that episode where she was injured greatly (not that i have anything against Carter, love her character).
                  Meh.

Comment

But again, Weir was like a second rate death (?). TPTB couldn;t and still can;t make a definite decision over what they want to do with the cast. However, I just feel that the way they right their enemies these days just makes it necessary to kill someone in order to remind us of their power, especially in terms of the Wraith. In hindsight, a death on the Ori arc would have helped, Carter in that episode where she was injured greatly (not that i have anything against Carter, love her character).
                    Well yeah. I mean there is the thing. You want to see blood and guts and gore to remind us of someones nastyness but when it gets down to doing it, people whine. They have in the case of Ford, Heightmeyer, and Weir. Especially in Weir's case it seems. For what ever reason.
                    And also in 24 (poor Curtis NOOOOOOO! Tony! How dare they?! )
                    And I do not know of how much of the Unit you watch, but there is a good example there.

Comment

Well yeah. I mean there is the thing. You want to see blood and guts and gore to remind us of someones nastyness but when it gets down to doing it, people whine. They have in the case of Ford, Heightmeyer, and Weir. Especially in Weir's case it seems. For what ever reason.
                      And also in 24 (poor Curtis NOOOOOOO! Tony! How dare they?! )
                      And I do not know of how much of the Unit you watch, but there is a good example there.
                      Well people may consider me starting this thread whining about the writers, and it is i guess, but i believe i have good cause. I don't neccessarily want blood and guts, just death lol.

I thought Curtis' death sucked, hard. It took me a couple of eps to realise he was actually dead and not just wounded. However David Palmer's death and Milo's death were fantastic, shot to the head, no second guessing about it. Would have sucked in real life but for me, it made great TV.

BTW spoilers for S7 of 24:
                      Spoiler:
                      Tony is coming back .... seriously!
                      \

I do watch a bit of the Unit every now and then, but its on pretty late over here in Aus.
                      Meh.

Comment

Well people may consider me starting this thread whining about the writers, and it is i guess, but i believe i have good cause. I don't neccessarily want blood and guts, just death lol.

I thought Curtis' death sucked, hard. It took me a couple of eps to realise he was actually dead and not just wounded. However David Palmer's death and Milo's death were fantastic, shot to the head, no second guessing about it. Would have sucked in real life but for me, it made great TV.

BTW spoilers for S7 of 24:
                        Spoiler:
                        Tony is coming back .... seriously!
                        \

I do watch a bit of the Unit every now and then, but its on pretty late over here in Aus.
                        I know about that spoiler, grr...oh how will they pull it off...loved season five though. And, I just thought Curtis's sucked, and Tonies...and I really liked Tony!
                        Milo? Sorry, only seen 4,5, and parts of the rest.
                        And Henderson I liked how HE died. Same with Nina.
                        About the Unit...have you seen the episode Five Brothers?

Comment

If I want "realistic" war stories, I'm not going to go to Stargate for them. That's never been the core of the show. It's semi-plausible at best, not realistic. It's good, clean fun, and there's little enough of that as it is. If I want characters dying to give the show a sense of danger, I'll watch Lost.
                          Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                          http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Originally posted by Silverwings View Post
                            If I want "realistic" war stories, I'm not going to go to Stargate for them. That's never been the core of the show. It's semi-plausible at best, not realistic. It's good, clean fun, and there's little enough of that as it is. If I want characters dying to give the show a sense of danger, I'll watch Lost.
                            ...or 24.
                            And in general I do agree with you. I mean, as much as it would add to the realism, I do not want to see it, at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverwings View Post
                              Good, clean, fun? What show haveyou been watching? In the first episode of SG1, Sha're had her clothes ripped off her and implanted with a Goa'uld. In the next episode we saw Kawalsky get killed because of the Larval Goa'uld in his head, by having the back of his head cut off from the Event Horizon. Further down the track we see Daniel killed by radiation poisoning and Jack murdered and revived over and over again by Ba'al, and this is only a few examples which have springed to mind so far...

@Col.Foley, nah i havn't seen Five Brothers but i just read the wikipedia summary of it and sounds interesting!
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X