PDA

View Full Version : The Only Character from SGA Who Should Join Universe Is...

Nusku
October 21st, 2008, 05:03 PM
Rodney.

All SG-1 cast members are welcome to join.

:cool:

Steam
October 21st, 2008, 05:32 PM
i would deff watch if rodney was in it :D i just dont see why they need a new spin off why cant they just use the budget from universe and carry on with atlantis :(

Pharaoh Atem
October 21st, 2008, 05:49 PM
Rodney.

and david might be the most willing to return to SG

but what would justify him leaving such a important mission then atlantis

Prometheus X-303
October 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM
i am thinking more along the lines of Amanda tapping but it's too bad that she's busy with sanctuary

wm_1987
October 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM
I don't want to see anyone from SGA or SG-1 on Universe, just because it will never be who I want it to be. And I don't like the Rodney character enough for him to be the main star of the show. I only really like him when he is with Carson or John.

ShadowMaat
October 21st, 2008, 06:46 PM
Having Rodney in SGU would be a sure way to guarantee that even my morbid watching-a-train-wreck curiosity would never be tempted to tune in to see the show.

I might tune in for Lorne, but I'd actually kinda prefer he didn't make the jump. That way I wouldn't have to watch and I wouldn't have to live with the knowledge that his jumping would result in the eventual erosion of everything I love about him.

Plus, after the joke that was SGA I've developed a severe aversion to crossover characters.

Boon
October 21st, 2008, 07:07 PM
It won't happen dude...

What I can tell you about the third Stargate series, conceptually as we've conceived it, is that it is a completely separate, third entity. Much more so than Atlantis was. Atlantis was much more of a spin-off series of SG-1. It was born out of SG-1.

It has to feel like Stargate and it has to feel new. And that's the tightrope, that's the balance you have to maintain, and that's the challenge. To put it in the simplest terms, if we had ever just done SG-2 as a series it would never have worked. It's not the C.S.I. model. And it's frankly because of the heroes that our team is.

They might cameo in the premier but unless the producers forget what exactly it was they were tryiong to achieve in a new series as opposed to a new story arc in either SG1/SGA there will be no returning characters.

Daniel Jackson
October 21st, 2008, 07:32 PM
I've had enough Rodney on Atlantis. They've already made him the star of that show. While David Hewlett is quite tallented, I can't stand his Atlantis character for one reason: he talks too much! :rolleyes: If he'd talk less, do more... he'd probably be my favorite. As he stands, he's the most annoying character in the whole franchise. My issue is with the writers, not the actor. If they were to write him as quiter fellow, then sure.

If Rodney is in SGU, wouldn't that keep him out of the SGA movie? :confused:

CStads
October 21st, 2008, 08:30 PM
Pfft..

Everyone knows it should be Todd.

ShadowMaat
October 21st, 2008, 08:53 PM
They might cameo in the premier but unless the producers forget what exactly it was they were trying to achieve in a new series as opposed to a new story arc in either SG1/SGA there will be no returning characters.
So... give it a season and then the floodgate of crossovers begins? ;)

spinny magee
October 21st, 2008, 08:54 PM
I would prefer woolsey

Betelgeuze
October 21st, 2008, 11:37 PM
Zelenka or Lorne

Sp!der
October 22nd, 2008, 01:24 AM
no one, although i really love all of them, it is good to see new faces.

sjcox
October 22nd, 2008, 02:03 AM
I vote for Fran :)

stevencastelein
October 22nd, 2008, 03:04 AM
i'd love to see ford and his band of addicts in SGU

Viper_Sweden
October 22nd, 2008, 03:08 AM
O'Neill, Lorne, McKay and Teal'c, the team of Destiny... :D

boyd18
October 22nd, 2008, 04:13 AM
this stargate universe wouldn't be so bad if it and atlantis aired together...i just don't like the fact that they canceled 1 show thats still very much alive in terms of rating, just so they could start a spin off thats aimed at a younger audience...

Todds worshipper
October 22nd, 2008, 04:19 AM
Pfft..

Everyone knows it should be :samanime51:Todd:samanime51:.

Definitely! :D

ori soldier
October 22nd, 2008, 04:20 AM
i would like to see a couple characters from the series crossover as that was what interested me in atlantis at first with rodney and elizabeth whose characters had been set up already. i wouldnt want them to be major characters maybe one of the girls from whispers or cadman someone like that

mathfun
October 22nd, 2008, 04:26 AM
I think Walter the tech guy who always dials the gate should be the one to go to SGU. He can be the one who has to baby sit all the brats and make sure no little brats are born.

SG2012
October 22nd, 2008, 06:43 AM
I think there should be at least one character from either SG-1 or SGA, minor or major, just to tie everything together.

I still have mixed feelings about SGU and I think a
familiar face would be nice.

jenks
October 22nd, 2008, 06:52 AM
I'd rather there be no character from either, but I wouldn't mind having Fran on the show.

Ed
October 22nd, 2008, 06:56 AM
Walter need to be in atleast the pilot episode every season of stargate has had hm in except the current season of atlantis but its not over yet

Kanetsidohi
October 22nd, 2008, 08:22 AM
I hope none of the ones I like because that could maybe) forces me to watch SGU. Thankfully, is unlikely.

Although I'm sure at least one actual secondary actor/actress would make a cameo as a random alien. :)

xandder
October 22nd, 2008, 08:39 AM
I'd love to see fran/michelle morgan in the new series, it doesn't have to be fran, just another character played by michelle morgan would do!! that or jeanie miller, I've loved her in every episode she has been in, she's just as smart as Mckay, just not as arrogant, and it would make for some very conflicted character development, her stranded on a ship with no way home to her family, having to put up with people that she doesn't like or get on with.

APFW
October 22nd, 2008, 08:43 AM
None of the SGA characters because I refuse to watch SGU, yes, I am that mad and stubborn!

BloodNight
October 22nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Story-wise stargate atlantis isent very good( i love watching it but it isent coherent) so i dont want any chars from atlantis to join su (mayby rodney)
SU needs daniel (and perhaps vala) or o'neil AND carter.

angela23
October 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
:sheppard: I would watch it if Sheppard would join, but I don't really want anybody from SGA to join it. I don't think that this show will last. I would rather if he would get a diff. show, something better than SGU. Thoughtcrimes would have been an interresting series. I wouldn't mind if Rodney would join it. That would mean that SGU would go down the drain even faster. This Season he has been very annoying. The writers went overboard on him, and nobody likes Rodney and Keller. I don't know what the writers were thinking, but Rodney is not somebody you would want to see in a Romance. Rodney does not look hot, and this year he is not even funny. He talks too much.Sheppard would have been hot in a romantic scene. But the writers know everything better. I guess they know more than the audience.:sheppard:

Laura Dove
October 22nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
If I'm to watch SGU, it has to be Todd. :D

Seriously, though, it would be a bad idea to use any of the well-known SGA (or SG-1) characters in SGU, except for the pilot. What's the point of making a spin-off if it's to push previous characters in? If they want to give us more of well-known character X, I'd rather them make a 6th season of Atlantis or a 11th season of SG-1.

Achiles
October 22nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
I don't think any major character should be on it except a little in the first ep. I was thinking the guy that lead sg-3

elwood
October 22nd, 2008, 07:06 PM
O'Neill, Lorne, McKay and Teal'c, the team of Destiny... :D

Jack would either kill Rodney or let Teal'c do it. In the first episode. In the first ten minutes.

jenks
October 22nd, 2008, 07:57 PM
No he wouldn't.

Korean_Turtle87
October 22nd, 2008, 09:10 PM
Pfft..

only problem is feeding him

for me,

SGA star: David Hewlett as Rodney

SGA guest star: Janina Gavankar! As Dusty!!!:D if not, then Lorne

Repli!kat
October 22nd, 2008, 09:18 PM
Definitely Jennifer Keller,
She'd fit right in age-wise and it would mean she wouldn't be available to be in the Atlantis movie!!!!!
Poor broken Rodney, maybe then he'd see who really loves him.;)

Browncoat1984
October 22nd, 2008, 09:43 PM
I think they should bring over Joe the Barber from "Citizen Joe."

ykickamoocow
October 22nd, 2008, 10:23 PM
People are assuming that David Hewlett would have to play the Rodney McKay we all know. The writers could easily have a alternate universe McKay. A McKay who is just as smart but has a slightly (or very if they want) different personality. A alternate universe McKay would mean they could still use David Hewlett but they could change aspects of his personality to suit the show. Hell David Hewlett is great at playing a psychopath so maybe he could play "psycho" :D

David Hewlett is such a great actor (i personally think the best actor SG1 or SGA have had) and it would be great to see him on SGU.

Platschu
October 23rd, 2008, 12:16 AM
David Hewlett should keep his role in the next Atlantis DVD movie(s). Maybe McKay should return with Claudia Black (Vala). They were the best written and funniest characters in SG's history and I have to admit they are the best actors in the whole SG realm. ;)

I could imagine Todd as a regular character, who could be the "new" alien. But! Christopher Heyerdahl won't accept this role because of the Sanctuary and the make-up. And what could a Wraith ad to a new spin-off? I know he could be a very funny, intelligent and interesting character, but we need fresher races in Universe. If they couldn't tell us everything about them in Atlantis, than they should keep it for themselves.

The same reason is true for Fran. What would a Replicator ad to Universe? A past connection to SG-1 and Atlantis? I could imagine her too as guest star, but we know so much about the Replicators, that we need new characters with different and more interesting background. ;)

Maybe Lorne could be in Universe, because the actor is talented, and Lorne is a fan favorite character, who could be developed more in Universe. I am sorry, but Lorne isn't enough 3D character for me, so I would like to hear about his bad habits too. :cool:

So my votes go for Lorne and Vala. :o

Dugger
October 23rd, 2008, 04:28 AM
OK....logically Daniel Jackson should be there since he is arguably the foremost expert on all things dealing with the Ancients.
But....if I had my way, then Major Davis should be on SGU. He is a great character that has been severely underused.

Hermiiod
October 23rd, 2008, 05:14 AM
Zelenka or Lorne

Agreed. I feel if it was someone like Meredith who joined the cast of SGU, the writers would try to make it too much like SGA in an attempt to bring out Meredith's character that we've all grown to love.

However Zelenka or Lorne would be perfect! I doubt it will be Zelenka because David Nykal isn't even oficially considered 'a part of the cast for SGA'.

Aaronjw
October 23rd, 2008, 05:22 AM
I'm totally with CStads. If Todd was on SGU, it would have to be a pretty horrible show for me not to watch it.

DeRoest
October 23rd, 2008, 05:55 AM
You know who might be interesting and we all agree needs more development? Teyla

poisonivy
October 23rd, 2008, 06:46 AM
Elizabeth. Or Fran. Or both!

Having at least one character from SGA on Universe would show they didn’t make the show only to get Battlestar audience and after the way TPTB treated her and the fans, I think it’s only fair.

John would be great too, but like the rest of SGA-1, it would be hard to find a reason for him to leave Atlantis.

No SG1 members, especially not Carter!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3033/2793105195_3341bb8f58.jpg

Mclean
October 23rd, 2008, 07:23 AM
Sergeant Siler :)

Falcon Horus
October 23rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
No one - the characters have suffered enough over the years in the development area.

Besides all of them are too old,except Keller/Staite. She fits right into the age-range they're going for.

CStads
October 23rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
only problem is feeding him

My personal choice would be to have him threaten to feed off of all the tender 20-somethings if they don't behave. Could be a twisted and entertaining form of punishment. How would the party girl like it if Todd aged her 40-50 yrs for a week or two?

And what could a Wraith ad to a new spin-off?

Simple. More Wraith humor.

DigiFluid
October 23rd, 2008, 08:17 AM
Yeah, sure. Because a whiny snot who saves the day singlehandedly week in and week out, who drives me to want to hurt things...slowly, is exactly what I want to have to endure in SGU.

Browncoat1984
October 23rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
I don't think there should be any lead characters from SG-1/SGA in SGU? Why?

1) I think that SGU needs to have all original characters at least at first to be able to stand on its own as a separate series from SG-1/Atlantis

2) I LIKE the team structure the way it is on Atlantis/SG-1. I wouldn't want that screwed around with, because could anybody really imagine watching the next SG-1 movie or future movies without the ability to have Daniel/Carter/Mitchell/Vala/Teal'c/O'neill in them? Or Atlantis without Mckay/Shephard/Teyla/Ronon?

I personally think that they way they have the casts set up for both Atlantis and SG-1 is great. They have a great set of characters on both shows as leads, as well as a great set of actors who mesh well together.

dasNdanger
October 23rd, 2008, 10:38 AM
Todd.

:)

das

Todds worshipper
October 23rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
No one - the characters have suffered enough over the years in the development area.

Besides all of them are too old,except Keller/Staite. She fits right into the age-range they're going for.

But Todd does too! He's only a little bit over 10,000 years old.....;)

Falcon Horus
October 23rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
But Todd does too! He's only a little bit over 10,000 years old.....;)

Which makes him 9975 years too old, unless he knows a way to hide that fact. :p

jelgate
October 23rd, 2008, 05:21 PM
Which makes him 9975 years too old, unless he knows a way to hide that fact. :pWell medical science is doing some interesting stuff these days

Todds worshipper
October 23rd, 2008, 06:53 PM
Well medical science is doing some interesting stuff these days

He doesn't need any medical science....he doesn't look a day over 30! :samanime51:

But if even that's too old I'm sure there are some things I could do to make him look more like 20...anything to get him a starring role on SGU ;)

ShadowMaat
October 23rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
Given TPTB's obsession with recycling actors as well as characters even if you don't see Todd, Chris Heyerdahl will undoubtedly pop up somewhere. Which in this case would actually be nice. Talked to him for a bit at the Gateworld Dinner this year and he was a sweetheart. :)

Todds worshipper
October 23rd, 2008, 09:15 PM
OMG You're so lucky!...Please send me telepathic images of the whole thing!

Skydiver
October 24th, 2008, 04:32 AM
none please

if they really want it to be 'stand alone' then cast new talent

bluealien
October 24th, 2008, 05:19 AM
People are assuming that David Hewlett would have to play the Rodney McKay we all know. The writers could easily have a alternate universe McKay. A McKay who is just as smart but has a slightly (or very if they want) different personality. A alternate universe McKay would mean they could still use David Hewlett but they could change aspects of his personality to suit the show. Hell David Hewlett is great at playing a psychopath so maybe he could play "psycho" :D

David Hewlett is such a great actor (i personally think the best actor SG1 or SGA have had) and it would be great to see him on SGU.

I don't have any intention of watching SGU as it really doesn't appeal to me .. but McKay is the last person I ever want to see in anything Stargate related again. The character has been so overused that I have had my fill of him for a lifetime. I don't consider him a better actor than any of the others, he just got a lot more to do and was allowed to show a much wider range of emotions than anyone else on the show. But I don't wan't to see any of the SGA characters in SGU .. I hope they go on to better things or get some good SGA movies.

The're all considered way too old for SGU anyway....:P

Nusku
November 14th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I don't have any intention of watching SGU as it really doesn't appeal to me .. but McKay is the last person I ever want to see in anything Stargate related again. The character has been so overused that I have had my fill of him for a lifetime. I don't consider him a better actor than any of the others, he just got a lot more to do and was allowed to show a much wider range of emotions than anyone else on the show.

Sorry, but that's not right. :cool:

Falcon Horus
November 14th, 2008, 09:51 AM

Why not? Blue does have a good point, actually all are good points.

ShadowMaat
November 14th, 2008, 01:54 PM

YOU may not think it's right, but that's the beauty of having an opinion: there is no right or wrong.

Personally, I agree with blue. In fact, the- in my opinion- over-use of McKay is one of the main reasons why he went from being my favorite character (and one of the reasons I started watching) to being one of my LEAST favorite (and one of the reasons I stopped watching).

Platschu
November 16th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I think they should bring "Amelia Banks" to Universe. The actress is lovely and she has fight and technology skills as Atlantis technician, so her character has too much experience for the new show. :o

Captain-Peregrine
November 16th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I love Stargate Atlantis and I love SG-1, but I really don't want to see any of the characters from either show on this new Universe. A cameo here and there might be entertaining, but we don't need it. Now, I ADORE Rodney McKay--one of my favorite characters. But I don't want to see him on ANOTHER show. If they do what they've done previously and maybe have them show up--but from what I'm hearing about this new show, that won't really be possible so I say they just do what they've been planning on doing and keep Universes completely seperate from SGA and SG1. We know it's Stargate. That should be enough and we'll just see how it goes from there. Anyone willing to watch the show--mostly out of unabashed curiosity than anything at this point--will watch the show because it's Stargate. Not because it has characters crossing over from other shows.

Pitry
November 16th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Oh i know! Get McKay, Vala and Todd to SGU... and get rid of all the other characters.

Then I'm guaranteed to watch :)

Raeth
November 16th, 2008, 11:50 AM
If they could find some way to get the Wraith into SGU with a plot that made sense, especially if one of those Wraith happened to be Todd, I would definitely have to watch it. =D

the fifth man
November 16th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Actually, I am fine with Universe not having any cast members from SG-1, or Atlantis. I say let SGU introduce us to a new team of characters to get to know. Besides, just trying to choose one over all the rest is pretty much impossible for me.

Raeth
November 17th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I say let SGU introduce us to a new team of characters to get to know.

Unless the new characters are lame, I have no problem with a new cast. After all, I ended up loving the Atlantis team. ^_^

Falcon Horus
November 17th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Unless the new characters are lame, I have no problem with a new cast. After all, I ended up loving the Atlantis team. ^_^

But what was the winning factor - the characters or the actors?

Boon
November 19th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Bring back Bill (http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/links/leebill.shtml)

Ziva Z
November 30th, 2008, 09:54 AM
A tidbit from a Burbank Con Report:
http://sgamadison.livejournal.com/27863.html#cutid1

The best moment for me personally was when the panel was asked about potential crossovers with SGU. They all made sour lemon faces and mildly negative noises and then DH said, ‘sure, yeah, we can all play the parents of the cast of 90210.” I almost fell out of my seat with the sheer glee of it.

Liam Kincaid
November 30th, 2008, 10:26 AM
and david might be the most willing to return to SG

but what would justify him leaving such a important mission then atlantis

Maybe he's just in the wrong place at the wrong time and get's stuck?

Cilver007
November 30th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I would love to watch McKay talk technospeak in SGU, but it will be weird to just see him and not Sheppard ... Anyway, I will give Universe a chance, it will likely be good. If it will ever air in Sweden ...

Wolf O'Donnell
November 30th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Dusty.

Starry Waters
November 30th, 2008, 12:49 PM
If they could find some way to get the Wraith into SGU with a plot that made sense, especially if one of those Wraith happened to be Todd, I would definitely have to watch it. =D

Exactly. It's time for the Wraith to reach out and explore new worlds and galaxies and they might as well run into the SGU group. Of course, Todd would have to be the commander. I might just watch the show then.

Liam Kincaid
December 1st, 2008, 05:54 AM
Exactly. It's time for the Wraith to reach out and explore new worlds and galaxies and they might as well run into the SGU group. Of course, Todd would have to be the commander. I might just watch the show then.

Since TPTB stole everything else about the Wraith from the Atavus in the last seasons of Earth Final Conflict anyway, maybe they could also steal the part about how there is a planet (or how about a whole galaxy this time) where the Atavus/Wraith don't have to feed. On their true homeworld they feed directly off an energy field or something instead of having to suck the lifeforce out of humans. Maybe that true homeworld is somewhere in the Universe galaxy?

Rac80
December 1st, 2008, 07:54 AM
No mckay, ever ever agaiN! :(
I say Lorne or Zelenka! both excellent characters and not annoying and whiney like mckay! :P

Starry Waters
December 1st, 2008, 03:49 PM
Since TPTB stole everything else about the Wraith from the Atavus in the last seasons of Earth Final Conflict anyway, maybe they could also steal the part about how there is a planet (or how about a whole galaxy this time) where the Atavus/Wraith don't have to feed. On their true homeworld they feed directly off an energy field or something instead of having to suck the lifeforce out of humans. Maybe that true homeworld is somewhere in the Universe galaxy?

Okay. I seem to vaguely remember there was a series by this name. Am I correct? Sounds very interesting. Do you remember what season this was in or was it just a one season show? Sounds interesting to check out.

That would be so cool if they did that. I"m for it. Sounds far more interesting than anything they've told us about SGU!

greytop
December 1st, 2008, 08:55 PM
None of the major character should unless it is a cameo or something like that in the pilot. A minor character would do it for me.

Liam Kincaid
December 2nd, 2008, 05:01 AM
Okay. I seem to vaguely remember there was a series by this name. Am I correct? Sounds very interesting. Do you remember what season this was in or was it just a one season show? Sounds interesting to check out.

That would be so cool if they did that. I"m for it. Sounds far more interesting than anything they've told us about SGU!

It was a 5 season show. The Wraith-like version of the Atavus were in Season 5 ( they had a different version in earlier seasons). The part about them not needing to feed on humans when they were on their original homeworld was in the last 2 or 3 episodes. I was kind of just joking about there being a similar homeworld for Wraith in the Universe galaxy. Everything in SGA so far seems to point to their origin being in Pegasus. But that is all just theory and speculation. If TPTB really wanted Wraith in Universe that would be a cool way for them to do it. If the Gene Rodenbury estate hasn't sued yet, stealing the rest of the Atavus plot probably won't provoke them to it either.

Tsaalyo Phoenix
December 2nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Anything Stargate from this point forward needs Rodney McKay, lol. He's just too awesome not to include. But then, you don't want to break up Rodney and John, the Dynamic Duo of Pegasus.

SG13-NightOps
December 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
McKay! Best. Character. Ever!

Col. Rose
December 2nd, 2008, 09:59 PM
Major Griff from SG-1 as Col. Everett Young?

Col.Ads
December 3rd, 2008, 12:44 AM
Zalenka or Cadman!!!

Tsaalyo Phoenix
December 3rd, 2008, 06:06 AM
Come to think of it, i'd like to see Miko again. :P

fyere
December 3rd, 2008, 06:46 AM
I'd like it if they brought Lorne over and gave him a lead role. His expanded role in SGA is nice, but a lead would be nicer.

And Chuck, too. He can show off his hidden technological skills that were always overshadowed by the likes of McKay and Zelenka. He'll be the guy who whacks the Destiny's malfunctioning engine with a wrench to make it work again.

Rodney dex
December 3rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
i hope the wrotters stick to whaqt they said and not have any charcetrs from any programs we have seen before,maybe have a background charcter wich we may have seen once ir twice but nothing more than that

Falcon Horus
December 3rd, 2008, 09:33 AM
i hope the wrotters stick to whaqt they said and not have any charcetrs from any programs we have seen before,maybe have a background charcter wich we may have seen once ir twice but nothing more than that

And I am the pope of Rome.

Lythisrose
December 3rd, 2008, 09:41 AM
http://general-chris.livejournal.com/34490.html

Then I went to Robert Picardo’s (Richard Woolsey – Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis, Holographic Doctor on Star Trek) Q&A session. I was extremely surprised to see how funny he was and down to earth. I had a really good time at his session simply because you were laughing the entire time. And it was hilarious to find out that he strongly disliked Star Trek before he was on the show. Speaking about how awful the stories were and such. Then he showed us a comedy sketch he did with a comedy troop out in California that was amazingly funny. Then he spoke of his disappointment that Stargate Atlantis is ending but that his character might be making appearances in the new Stargate Universe show.

Falcon Horus
December 3rd, 2008, 09:58 AM
*waits for Shadowmaat to say it*

Col. Rose
December 3rd, 2008, 12:03 PM
It won't be Stargate if Dan Shea and Marin Wood don't have at least a small cameo in SGU. They have to be there with that ridiculous over sized wrench.

ori soldier
December 6th, 2008, 10:32 AM
i think sgu should have a couple of characters we have seen before to tie it to the stargate history however they shouldn't be major characters like mckay and weir had only been in a couple eps it should be someone like that maybe lt haley or sgt bates or alec colson or one of the females from whispers someone like that not a major character but a familiar face

Platschu
December 8th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I am sure after Infection, that they should bring Todd to Universe. I like him better than ever. :o

Arica15
December 8th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Personally I'm thinking Keller belongs on this show.

prion
December 8th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Personally I'm thinking Keller belongs on this show.

Keller might be too old ;)

atlantis-abydos
December 8th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Hmm we should have SG1 and Team Shep invade the ship, vent the crew into outer space and run SGU... :D

humanityspotential
December 8th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Personally I think the two greatest characters on SGA should join SGU: Shep's hair and Ronon's gun.

Shep's hair could have deep seeded emotional torment from being so far away from it's beloved Shep. Ronon's gun could play the strong silent hero, who has all the moves in a fight but underneath it all is just looking for acceptance and love, now he, like Shep's hair is torn from it's beloved.

Sevenofnine
December 14th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Pfft..

I 2nd that!

Todd Rules!:)

Seven :wraith37:

Dioxholster
December 14th, 2008, 05:00 PM
it should be Elizabeth Weir! i know shes supposed to be dead by comon imagine the possibilities. who knows maybe SGU will be accompanied by Friendly Replicators? that would be awesome...right? like Data?? No? okay then

Amalthea
December 15th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I maintain Lorne would be great. He's been a wonderful secondary character on SGA, and I think he would develop well as a lead if he were given the chance.

leiasky
December 15th, 2008, 11:33 AM
I think they would be making a big mistake if there was no character crossover. And I think TPTB know that. What makes these shows FUN is that you see some of your favorites from the previous show/s. At the very least, they should have some of the (I would prefer) SG-1 actors to lead off this show. It worked well for Atlantis. There needs to be a tie in, a respect for what came before - elsewise, they would never be where they are now.

prion
December 15th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I think they would be making a big mistake if there was no character crossover. And I think TPTB know that. What makes these shows FUN is that you see some of your favorites from the previous show/s. At the very least, they should have some of the (I would prefer) SG-1 actors to lead off this show. It worked well for Atlantis. There needs to be a tie in, a respect for what came before - elsewise, they would never be where they are now.

It's 'stuntcasting,' pure and simple. I'd prefer no SG1/SGA characters.There doesn't need to be a tie-in. The show shoudl be able to stand on its own. Why keep dragging back actors you, well, fired, in order to make a cheaper product? Actually, how it worked for Atlantis is debtable. While some fans like it, others didn't. Especially when the SG1 character took up time on the show, while you're waiting for an SGA character to get time to speak, etc.

but I'm sure they'll do it as they'll do whatever it takes to suck an audience in.

leiasky
December 15th, 2008, 03:49 PM
As with everything, what one person likes/wants to see, another doesn't. :)

HayO
December 15th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I think Maybe Cater or McKay because they are such wonderful actors and i would definitly watch SGU if they were in it! (i would watch anyways!)

GateGipsy
December 16th, 2008, 01:42 AM
I agree with Prion, I don't want to see any cross over actors in the show. But, if they did, then I'd love to see Daniel Jackson again, naturally - never say no to the archeologist myself. Carter would be good too (and then would score all three shows too as a regular) but Amanda has her new show now.

perkin127
December 16th, 2008, 03:33 PM
i would love to see lorne, jeanie or chuck :) i think that would be interesting

TalkyMcSaysalot
December 16th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I would love to see Daniel Jackson again, especially as my interest for the franchise has recently been revitilised ;) although most any of the characters from the SG1 and SGA would be welcome :)

Ikaros
December 20th, 2008, 07:51 AM
They say "new" and they stay on the very old form of the other stargate shows.
Millitary and scientists together trying to fight off bad guys eatch with his weapons.
I have enjoyed so far, but imagine a ship full of geeks !!!!! no millitary,( who needs them?)
Imagine Carter, Mckay,Zelenka and Daniel traped in a ship...forever.....
and Beckett.... and Keller.........and Ronon just for fun.

rach12
December 20th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I have enjoyed so far, but imagine a ship full of geeks !!!!! no millitary,( who needs them?)

I don’t think I would watch that show, and even having Ronon in it wouldn’t help. LOL

I agree with people, who said that it’s not necessary to bring over SG-1/SGA characters. New show, new characters, new adventures, I would like to see the series about them. No need to see the “old faces” again, maybe one guest spot per Season is allright, but no more.
But if I had to bring over 1 character, I would take Shep, just for selfish reasons though. :p

Replicator Fifth
December 20th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Patrick Currie as actor on Universe. They already hinted no crossovers but they might take it back

Ikaros
December 20th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I don’t think I would watch that show, and even having Ronon in it wouldn’t help. LOL

I agree with people, who said that it’s not necessary to bring over SG-1/SGA characters. New show, new characters, new adventures, I would like to see the series about them. No need to see the “old faces” again, maybe one guest spot per Season is allright, but no more.
But if I had to bring over 1 character, I would take Shep, just for selfish reasons though. :p

hmmmmmmmm you're no fun!!!!!!!!:cool:

rach12
December 20th, 2008, 03:13 PM
hmmmmmmmm you're no fun!!!!!!!!:cool:

LOL Sorry, but that would be a „geek-overload“ to me. No military guys – no fun! :p

Ikaros
December 20th, 2008, 08:42 PM
hehehehee it's all a matter of apettite!!

Nemises
December 22nd, 2008, 09:56 AM
i rate rodney

leiasky
December 22nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
I think the military and scientist dynamic works well to create tension and friction. I can't see them totally abandoning it.

Coaster
December 22nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
I would love to see that. Not for a whole series, but for several episodes. Just for the character dynamic, and to see how the four manage to not kill each other or go gibbering mad. Geeks in a vacuum... :D

Well, if you throw them in... Ronon can at least help to keep people in line, and Beckett and Keller can keep fixing the human breakage. ;)

Personally I'd love to see cameos by any of the above. Even if it's just a mention of some research McKay did, or something they heard Daniel did, etc.

The Ori
December 22nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
i am thinking more along the lines of Amanda tapping but it's too bad that she's busy with sanctuary

Yeh, but Sanctuary is just getting better and better!!

ykickamoocow
December 23rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
i rate rodney

I do aswell. The two Alternate McKay's we have met (in "McKay and Mrs. Miller" and "Vegas") were both quite different to the McKay we know. David Hewlett would most likely love to be in Stargate Universe as a main character and the good thing about having a Atlernate Universe McKay is the writers could change his personality as much as they want/need.

amconway
December 27th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Rodney.

In terms of my personal preferences, I would agree with this, but I like SG-1--I have even grown to like Rodney (something I wouldn't have imagined when he was first introduced-yay, character development!). I wouldn't want to see any of them stuck in the SGU scenario, with no way home. It would also make writing scripts for the movies difficult, if not impossible.

T. Kerr
December 27th, 2008, 10:47 AM
In terms of my personal preferences, I would agree with this, but I like SG-1--I have even grown to like Rodney (something I wouldn't have imagined when he was first introduced-yay, character development!). I wouldn't want to see any of them stuck in the SGU scenario, with no way home. It would also make writing scripts for the movies difficult, if not impossible.

Very! I shudder to think of SG-1(with RDA) trapped on a ship, and Carter within 200 feet of McKay every day, ugh!

JohnDuh
December 27th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Rodney.

And Keller of course ;)

JohnDuh
December 27th, 2008, 01:58 PM
It won't happen dude...

They might cameo in the premier but unless the producers forget what exactly it was they were tryiong to achieve in a new series as opposed to a new story arc in either SG1/SGA there will be no returning characters.

Until the ratings start to go down ;)

Integrabyte
December 27th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Atlantis. The only interesting thing in SGA. The rest are expendable.

Sadie91
December 29th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I think anyone from SGA and SG-1 would be nice to have on the new show just because its going to be a whole new cast which will be a little weird to get used to. But, if I had to choose someone, it would be Rodney. [snip]

GateGipsy
December 29th, 2008, 10:58 AM
OK lets keep this thread on topic please. Anything off topic will be removed. If you want to discuss possible reasons for Atlantis being cancelled there are threads for this in the Atlantis and General Stargate Discussion folders.

Major Clanger
December 31st, 2008, 04:27 AM
if we have to have a crossover character, which needn't necessarily be bad (especially when s/he's killed in the 3rd or 4th ep) it could be a very minor character from an earlier SG-1 (or SGA) season

My choice would be for Col Dixon (from Heroes) because he seemed fairly well rounded, nicely cynical, and has the advantage that we already know him. Then TPTB can kill him fairly early on, so as to have an entirely new show, but the viewer already has an emotional attachment (the other characters will be too new for that) so the death (which should be permanent) has an impact.

I think I'm banging on about this too much. Time for a little lie down in a darkened room, I think.

Boon
January 19th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Ford...

It's never conclusively shown what actually happens to him. Yes somewhere someone has said that he's essentially dead, without actually saying it.

But not as "Wraithford", I'd like to see recovering addict Ford. Struggling to survive in the wilderness as he battles his inner demons and withdrawl in complete isolation, part of the SGU mission statement was more character drama.

Would make a good episode, either see him off properly or have him live on.

Nusku
March 16th, 2009, 10:34 PM
OK, so SGA is now but a faint & distant memory...

And I'm still firm that McKay is the man for Universe. There definitely needs to be some sort of crossover character. And whilst I'd dig any of the SG-1 main players in it, Rodney is still the #1 and logical choice from SGA. They need a tech expert, Rodders and Carter are the primo techies in the SG universe.

Also, Kavanagh would be pretty cool for some comic relief. :p

kennythewraith
March 16th, 2009, 10:41 PM
nobody because this show has to stand on its own...id rather not have someone from another show join the cast permanatly because they need to prove they can do a show without familiar faces as regulars.

Nusku
March 16th, 2009, 11:04 PM
nobody because this show has to stand on its own...id rather not have someone from another show join the cast permanatly because they need to prove they can do a show without familiar faces as regulars.

I don't understand this line of reasoning at all. Why do they need to prove they can do a show without familiar faces as regulars?

If you are a new viewer to Stargate then you won't know any different; if you are an old viewer then you've got a nice bonus of seeing a character you like tying things together and providing some continuity and a friendly face.

Some characters are too good to let die even though their show died.

Manbearpig
March 16th, 2009, 11:06 PM

True but It'd be cool if some of the chars (preferably Mckay :p) made appearances in the occasional ep or 2, just like Sg-1 chars appearing in SGA sometimes.

jelgate
March 17th, 2009, 04:02 AM
I don't understand this line of reasoning at all. Why do they need to prove they can do a show without familiar faces as regulars?

If you are a new viewer to Stargate then you won't know any different; if you are an old viewer then you've got a nice bonus of seeing a character you like tying things together and providing some continuity and a friendly face.

But what kind of new viewers would McKay bring in? Thats the problem. SGU at its basic form is geared at bringing younger viewers.

Spimman
March 17th, 2009, 05:33 AM
If anybody joins I wouldn't mind General Landry. He would be on Earth but just be in a few episodes if they have a way to contact Earth. I don't want anybody familiar on the ship.

leiasky
March 17th, 2009, 07:39 AM
If anybody joins I wouldn't mind General Landry. He would be on Earth but just be in a few episodes if they have a way to contact Earth. I don't want anybody familiar on the ship.

Landry should be taking over for Jack when he retires . . . I think they were pushing the character in that direction when they had him in Washington doing what one would think would be Jack's job during EatG.

I'd like to see some characters appear as guests to tie the whole franchies together but I wouldn't want a character from the previous two shows to be permanent on SGU. Mckay appearing at any time would just turn me off the show as he's not at all interesting to me. Just my opinion, of course. :)

amconway
March 17th, 2009, 07:45 AM
The only character from previous series who would have made sense to me would have been Daniel, as the leading expert in both the Ancients and languages (not that any of the languages in the Milky Way would help, but the methodology might). That, and these characters are apparently going to be more realistic, which would make him a better fit than some of the other characters. Michael Shanks can play Daniel any way they want them to play him, and has. Since he won't be one of the people evacuated, I'd say none of them should be on the ship, although I think it's important to have occasional contact with Earth to emphasise their loss, and that they are people from Earth who want to return.

kennythewraith
March 17th, 2009, 06:05 PM

because how does this show stand on its own if mackay or weir is a regular.it worked for sga because it was a direct spinoff to sg1....sgu is just a new show in the franchise.mckay has no reason to be on the destiny..his job is work on atlantis...not a reasarch base in the milky way.

DrJenniferDex
March 20th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't SGU supposed to be set before they even go to Atlantis? What would be the point of having any Atlantis characters cross over at all, then?

Dwparsnip
March 20th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't SGU supposed to be set before they even go to Atlantis? What would be the point of having any Atlantis characters cross over at all, then?

I'm not sure, DrJenn, but I have seen an interview of Robert Picardo in which he says he was approached to do a guest appearance in SGU, so I'd presume from that that it's based at the same time as SGA. That's not necessarily the case, but a reasonable assumption.

DrJenniferDex
March 20th, 2009, 03:44 AM
Thanks, Dw. I'm sure I've read somewhere that it's before SGA, but if I'm wrong, this definitely wouldn't be the first...or last...time that I think I've read something that I really haven't.

jelgate
March 20th, 2009, 04:08 AM

You would be wrong. For example the IOA didn't exist before Atlantis and Wray is suppose to be an IOA representative. Sounds like another fandom rumor someone started

Stormtrooper
March 20th, 2009, 04:29 AM
You would be wrong. For example the IOA didn't exist before Atlantis and Wray is suppose to be an IOA representative. Sounds like another fandom rumor someone started

That someone being Jason Momoa at a Stargate Convention.

Wasn't the IOC/IOA created shortly after SG-1's season 6 episode "Disclosure"? So there you go, SGU could start at any point between that episode and SGA's pilot.

jelgate
March 20th, 2009, 04:31 AM
That someone being Jason Momoa at a Stargate Convention.
I heard when Momoa said and I say it was in jest

Wasn't the IOC/IOA created shortly after SG-1's season 6 episode "Disclosure"? So there you go, SGU could start at any point between that episode and SGA's pilot.

That wasn't the IOA. Just a treaty between 5 of Earth's powerful countries.

Stormtrooper
March 20th, 2009, 05:44 AM
I heard when Momoa said and I say it was in jest

Maybe, maybe not.

That wasn't the IOA. Just a treaty between 5 of Earth's powerful countries.

IOA = IOC = international community (not all of it, of course)

But it all began back then.

amconway
March 20th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I think Joe Mallozi said that it will take place around the same time as the finale of SGA. Also precedent suggests that it will start in the same year as it is now. It's part of the whole 'modern people from Earth' thing.

DrJenniferDex
March 20th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Really, Am? Well, you guys are probably right.

fire_phoenix
March 23rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Pfft..

right, but don't forget to send his favorite work-mate with him: McKay :mckay:
;)

Falcon Horus
March 23rd, 2009, 01:35 PM
right, but don't forget to send his favorite work-mate with him: McKay :mckay:
;)

As a midnight snack... Can't have Todd die of hunger.

Eternal Density
March 23rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
I like McKay in Atlantis but I don't think he would fit in Universe. To me it makes sense for a new and very different adventure to have fresh characters. I think that having someone we know as part of the main cast would be too constraining as fans would have pre-existing notions of how that character should act and react.
(Kavanaugh wouldn't last a day! Unless he found some sort of automated cloning chamber, in which case he would die in every episode at least once. It could be a running gag.)

I think the part about it being before Atlantis is that the Destiny was built before Atlantis (the city-ship) was built, no pun intended.

RodneyMckay
March 23rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
Rodney.

Rodney is my favorite Stargate character of all time. If only they would have him in Universe.

Nusku
July 8th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I've grown quite partial to Amelia Banks - gate technician. It would be pretty cool if she turned up in SGU. :cool: