This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis and Gallifrey

has anyone thats seen the end of season 3 of the new Dr Who noticed that the city of Gallifrey looks awfully similar to Atlantis?

heres a few links to pics of Gallifrey.

http://doctorwho.time-and-space.co.u...rums-01100.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1352/...d421f19144.jpg

any thoughts?

It is British Atlantis.

Difference is the same between British cars and American cars

Go Green

Comment

I see it as kind-of a cross between Atlantis and the Nox city.

sigpic

Comment

Hahaha, "British Atlantis" i like that.

but yes, i do see the similiarities, the basic design and shape is kinda the same.
        "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
        O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
        Woolsey: What does that mean?
        O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

You couldn't have better timing! I saw the end of season 3 just two nights ago for the first time, and Atlantis came to mind as soon as that scene came on. I wonder if there's a lone Ancient traveling around Pegasus in his police box?

Comment

probably the gallifreyans are actually lanteans.....now to wait for the crossover movie titled mister smith goes to atlantis

Comment

I saw that episode a little why ago, I think it aired last year on BBC1 and thought it was kinda similar.
              The main differences are Gallifrey can't fly and has a glass dome.

Can you imagine how much a glass blower would charge to make the dome.

Comment

the are a few difference but the major one is the graphics haha Atlantis looks so friggen better then that dr who crap lol
                BRING BACK SGA.. NEVER WATCHING SCI-FI OR SGU EVER

Comment

Originally posted by JamesRobbo9886 View Post
                  has anyone thats seen the end of season 3 of the new Dr Who noticed that the city of Gallifrey looks awfully similar to Atlantis?

heres a few links to pics of Gallifrey.

http://doctorwho.time-and-space.co.u...rums-01100.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1352/...d421f19144.jpg

any thoughts?
                  there look a little a like but thats jsut me
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate_atlantis- View Post
                    the are a few difference but the major one is the graphics haha Atlantis looks so friggen better then that dr who crap lol
                    While I agree Atlantis is slightly (and I mean slightly ) better looking.
                    The Atlantis model is a bit more refined, detailed and realistic looking.
                    I think Gallifrey looks a bit more magical, it has a certain charm that Atlantis seems to lack, to me Atlantis looks a bit more clinical in comparison to Gallifrey I would in no way say it looks crap though and neither is Dr Who.

Atlantis is still my current favorite science fiction show, but I do also really like Dr Who.
                    Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 21 October 2008, 08:46 PM.

Comment

more realistic indeed !
                      Atlantis rulez !!!
                      DO NOT DISTURB

Comment

It just happens to be an artistic device used in science fiction. See this link. I like the look of both Atlantis and Gallifrey. It fits their respective races.
                        ~ "We don't want them to die... we want them dying." ~

Comment

Originally posted by Khalaris View Post
                          It just happens to be an artistic device used in science fiction. See this link. I like the look of both Atlantis and Gallifrey. It fits their respective races.
                          Agreed.

"Indeed"

Comment

I had meant to make this exact thread a few months ago but I just never got around to it. But yes they do look very simmilar, especially in Adrift when the shield was only around the tower.
                            sigpic
                            Ten Years, A Lot Of Enemies, A Presumed Death, A Complete Back Story Rewrite....But Still Looking Good!

Comment

Working...
                            X