This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complaints

Nearly every single thread I have read on this episdoe and a lot of other episdoes is about complaining about something or another and its really annoying. I sometimes wonder why some of you evan watch stargate. If I worked for sci fi and visted this forum and decided to see what people have wrote about the episodes in this season so far I would cancel the show to, Most of you are so negative.

This episode (Outsiders) has had a lot of negative comments made about it, and the same people have wrote negative comments about the other episodes in season 5 so why do you watch the show?

There's a lot of people who feel the same way as you do, trust me.

Unfortunately, the ones to like the show can say why they do, and people also have the right to say they don't.

I also don't get why people who don't even like the show to keep on spending that much time watching it, surfing here and spitting after every ep, but unfortunately, they can.

Now, what's mostly not allowed, is attacking those people for doing so, or to make it simple: 'whining about the whiners'.

So this thread is also not allowed, maybe.

Good luck with it.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Because we're cynics?

Episodes are going to have to be brilliant, though-provoking and in-line with what we expect to see, otherwise we're going to pick them appart.

Also, SGA does have a habit of confusing the fans on various topics, portraying characters in out-of-character fashions and having various other unrealistic elements.

Also, we're still fans. We just hate to see these occur. We obviously still watch the show if we critisise it, so Sci-Fi are making money either way. What's it to them if we watch it because we like it, or hate it? Business is business.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeCommanderSora View Post
        Nearly every single thread I have read on this episdoe and a lot of other episdoes is about complaining about something or another and its really annoying. I sometimes wonder why some of you evan watch stargate. If I worked for sci fi and visted this forum and decided to see what people have wrote about the episodes in this season so far I would cancel the show to, Most of you are so negative.

This episode (Outsiders) has had a lot of negative comments made about it, and the same people have wrote negative comments about the other episodes in season 5 so why do you watch the show?
        I noticed that a lot too. While I can point out moments of the last few seasons that have been unsatisfactory or that have made no sense, I still greatly enjoy watching the show, regardless of the plot. It's fun to watch the team deal with issues, whether they be the Wraith or Genii (which are awesome), or the Asurans (who were kind of bland until BAMSR).

The point is, I don't know why people have to over analyze everything to the extent that it ruins their enjoyment of the show. People didn't like Felger in SG-1, they didn't like Lucius and accuse him of rape. It's ridiculous.

I don't agree with your thoughts that people shouldn't be able to vent their frustrations with the show on here, if that's what makes them feel good than fine, but I don't see the logic in why they don't like the episode to begin with. I liked every episode of Stargate that I've watched, and while there are many episodes that I wouldn't bother deliberately watching again, I've been known to go on a marathon and watch entire seasons at a time over the course of a few weeks, and watch every episode that I've already seen several times.

To me that's what being a fan is, but alas, not everyone agrees.

Whenever people can find places to complain, they typically do. The animosity surrounding Season 5 thus far surprises me, I'm finding this season to be much more interesting than the Asuran story arch in Season 3 and 4.

Basically, there are weak, average, and strong episodes. I tend to enjoy them all, but I can see how a lot of people would not like the weak episodes which spring up, or the several average episodes of Atlantis.

Comment

Is it ironic that you started a thread complaining about threads full of complaints?

Comment

It comes down to society. You will always have people complain blindly and people who praise blindly. No matter what topic you pick including Stargate, these people exist.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

We have a policy that allows for EVERY opinion to be heard on the OPEN discussion threads.

However we also have a policy that states opinions will be respected BOTH Positive AND Negative as long as they are stated in a courteous and respectful manner.

What we don't allow is folks being called on the carpet for having those opinions. You can discuss, debate or present your opposing opinion in the open discussion threads. What you don't get to do is make disparaging remarks or question their level of fandom because they don't hold the same opinion as you.

We do not appreciate threads such as this that are basically stating to folks that if they don't like it they don't need to watch.

We have a Season 5 Compliments and Praise thread as well as a Season 5 Complaints and Misgivings thread for anyone that would like to be verbose in their positive or negative opinions. However when folks are posting what they feel is an honest reaction to any one episode. They are free to post in that open episode discussion thread as long as they are with Forum guidelines.

Please do not start threads to complain about the fans themselves.
              Thank You
              TameFarrar
              GateWorld Moderator
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
              X