Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NId tired & tested, put the story line to bed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NId tired & tested, put the story line to bed.

the constant return of the nid, off shoot organisations and other factions of the nid are now really getting on my nerves, i've only seen one episode of season eight so i don't really know if they are calling it a day with the nid storylines.
    i mean they were good, good characters and twists but its old and the episodes just constantly follow one another all the time in every season, you'd think the sgc would just crush these bas***ds once and for all, not only are they a constant thorn in sg1's side but a real thorn in my neck when it comes watching these episodes.

tell me if you think im wrong though
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Duded, Just at random are you the smae Darkstar who runs ST-VS-SW.net?
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
      the constant return of the nid, off shoot organisations and other factions of the nid are now really getting on my nerves, i've only seen one episode of season eight so i don't really know if they are calling it a day with the nid storylines.
      i mean they were good, good characters and twists but its old and the episodes just constantly follow one another all the time in every season, you'd think the sgc would just crush these bas***ds once and for all, not only are they a constant thorn in sg1's side but a real thorn in my neck when it comes watching these episodes.

TPTB hinted that this season will be the end of the rogue NID arc.

Comment

That's why they came up with the Trust.
        To 'refresh' the arc.
        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

i like the NID arc. It reminds us that not all bad guys are aliens.

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good story, I mean it makes stargate real. If a stargate were find I'm sure we would have a group that would try to do the exact same thing. It did go a little too much into a x-files conspiracy but it was still a great story line.

Comment

Originally posted by Greesha
              i like the NID arc. It reminds us that not all bad guys are aliens.
              Ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
                TPTB hinted that this season will be the end of the rogue NID arc.
                "Full Alert" (Unaired Season 8 ep)
                Spoiler:
                We see Kinsey (who is well connected w/ the NID or its rouge elements) speaking in the modulated voice of a Goa'uld.
                Rocky

Comment

I agree with you dude.

Comment

I liked the storyline at the beginning, but then it got a little old.
                    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

The NID are up their with the UNAS for plots where I instantly go Zzzzzzzzzzzzz......
                      I think M&M have a secret fantasty to write for either West Wing or Alias-or something.
                      It's a SciFi show-guys!!!
                      Write SciFi!! Is it that hard? If so, then it's time to move on, boys!!

Comment

sci fi doesn't put much thought into stargate lately, the sg1 team doesn't go off world. They seem to make the show last longer than it should. I'm sure they could have ended sg1 by season 8, since nothing much happened so far and that's sad, because new order was one the greatest episode with lost city.

Comment

Originally posted by berserklover
                          sci fi doesn't put much thought into stargate lately, the sg1 team doesn't go off world. They seem to make the show last longer than it should. I'm sure they could have ended sg1 by season 8, since nothing much happened so far and that's sad, because new order was one the greatest episode with lost city.
                          Can't blame Scifi, blame the writers. By reading what we can expect next season (a gateworld article), it seems like we maybe seeing more offworld episodes, if not offworld, offworld things comming to Earth, but either way, i'm excited
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I agree that it's just gotten to political. It was okay in the early Maybourne years, but it's just old now. They need to dump the NID & this Trust thing ASAP.

Show me new worlds! Fight some Goa'uld. They need to look back to the earlier seasons to see what worked.

Comment

Working...
                            X