PDA

View Full Version : Ship Classes

Empress Vajnraa
October 20th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Anyone else hope we get to see some cool alien ships in Universe, both in design and name?

In Sg-1, the Goa'uld had Ha'tak, Al'kesh, and Tel'tak.

The writers use regular words to name Wraith ships: "Hive", "Cruiser", "Dart". Bleck!

In universe, I hope they call enemy ships something cool and original.

spinny magee
October 20th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah after all it is going to be based in space so we are bound to see interesting names and designs

thekillman
October 21st, 2008, 12:59 AM
i really hope we get to see cool stuff.

Mclean
October 21st, 2008, 04:08 AM
Can't wait to see what the writers do with SGU.

Question: Will the ship the team gate to not be quite out of date compared to Atlantis as it was launched millions of years before? Sorry if this has been asked.

:jack:

Kratos_Goauld_of_War
October 21st, 2008, 05:50 AM
Question: Will the ship the team gate to not be quite out of date compared to Atlantis as it was launched millions of years before? Sorry if this has been asked.

I'm sure it will be. Not that anyone from SGC will notice it. "Out of date" describing Ancient tech is a bit of a misnomer from our perspective. It will, however, be cool to see an older ancient ship, just as a historical piece. I just have a feeling the writers might not make that many changes in the Ancient designs.

Mclean
October 21st, 2008, 06:57 AM
I'm sure it will be. Not that anyone from SGC will notice it. "Out of date" describing Ancient tech is a bit of a misnomer from our perspective. It will, however, be cool to see an older ancient ship, just as a historical piece. I just have a feeling the writers might not make that many changes in the Ancient designs.

I suppose Ancient tech was already pretty advanced when they came to the Milky Way. I wonder if the ship the team will gate to will be like the Alteran ship in AoT?

jnadreth
October 21st, 2008, 09:10 AM
The Ancient computers might just rival Vista:D

jelgate
October 21st, 2008, 09:38 AM
The Ancient computers might just rival Vista:DI guess that explains why the Destiney was abandonded:P

Kratos_Goauld_of_War
October 29th, 2008, 06:16 AM

If the tech rivals Vista the team is gonna need about 6 million dollars in upgrades just to get the ship to boot up.:samanime15:

Betelgeuze
October 30th, 2008, 03:00 AM
I'd like to see an alien space station. And maybe city ships build by an alien race (not the Ancients)

Athosian Death facilitator
October 30th, 2008, 04:40 AM
I'd like to see an alien space station. And maybe city ships build by an alien race (not the Ancients)
great idea m8

stargabb
October 31st, 2008, 01:56 AM
well i hope they look good it is based in space

Mike272
November 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM

:lol: Greened.

RepliVeggie
November 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
I was thinking. They abandoned the project cuz they ascended. So even though the ship is very old. Their were ancients aboard it until about 9-10k years ago. So maybe they kept the tech up to date. I am pretty sure they had contact with the rest of their civilization.

Cree
November 3rd, 2008, 04:30 AM
I suppose Ancient tech was already pretty advanced when they came to the Milky Way. I wonder if the ship the team will gate to will be like the Alteran ship in AoT?

Well atlantis was launched from earth several million years ago, so im betting that the destiny was launched a little before the plague. Therefore i reckon it will be pretty up to date with atlantis, perhaps a lil less advanced!

toby1kanobi
November 3rd, 2008, 11:43 AM
perhaps the destimy is more advanced than atlantis (stick with me here) as cultures advance they can stagnate (which we know happend with the ancients) what is to say that due to the plague after the departure of the destiny some of the tech secrets were lost. the destiny is atleast 7million years old and has been out in space all that time (even with 3 zpm's atlantis cannot do this for anywhere near that kind of time span) what is powering the destiny? it needs shields (against attack and metior/comet strikes) it needs auto defences for the same reasons (can it make zpm's or dus it have something better that was lostto the ancients long befor the construction of atlantis. my money is on a version of the ancient power generator rodney found in trinity, it could have been a failed attempt to rediscover the tech not just an all new faliure. the destiny dus look older than atlantis from the concept art, perhaps its just retro. i doubt the ancients never bothered to change a desighn every so often