This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship Classes

Anyone else hope we get to see some cool alien ships in Universe, both in design and name?

In Sg-1, the Goa'uld had Ha'tak, Al'kesh, and Tel'tak.

The writers use regular words to name Wraith ships: "Hive", "Cruiser", "Dart". Bleck!

In universe, I hope they call enemy ships something cool and original.
    Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
    Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Yeah after all it is going to be based in space so we are bound to see interesting names and designs
    Tst

Comment

i really hope we get to see cool stuff.

Comment

Can't wait to see what the writers do with SGU.

Question: Will the ship the team gate to not be quite out of date compared to Atlantis as it was launched millions of years before? Sorry if this has been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
          Question: Will the ship the team gate to not be quite out of date compared to Atlantis as it was launched millions of years before? Sorry if this has been asked.
          I'm sure it will be. Not that anyone from SGC will notice it. "Out of date" describing Ancient tech is a bit of a misnomer from our perspective. It will, however, be cool to see an older ancient ship, just as a historical piece. I just have a feeling the writers might not make that many changes in the Ancient designs.
          sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

Originally posted by Kratos_Goauld_of_War View Post
            I'm sure it will be. Not that anyone from SGC will notice it. "Out of date" describing Ancient tech is a bit of a misnomer from our perspective. It will, however, be cool to see an older ancient ship, just as a historical piece. I just have a feeling the writers might not make that many changes in the Ancient designs.
            I suppose Ancient tech was already pretty advanced when they came to the Milky Way. I wonder if the ship the team will gate to will be like the Alteran ship in AoT?

Comment

The Ancient computers might just rival Vista

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                I guess that explains why the Destiney was abandonded
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

If the tech rivals Vista the team is gonna need about 6 million dollars in upgrades just to get the ship to boot up.
                  sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

I'd like to see an alien space station. And maybe city ships build by an alien race (not the Ancients)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
                      I'd like to see an alien space station. And maybe city ships build by an alien race (not the Ancients)
                      great idea m8
                      sigpic
                      i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

well i hope they look good it is based in space

Comment

Greened.

Comment

I was thinking. They abandoned the project cuz they ascended. So even though the ship is very old. Their were ancients aboard it until about 9-10k years ago. So maybe they kept the tech up to date. I am pretty sure they had contact with the rest of their civilization.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                              I suppose Ancient tech was already pretty advanced when they came to the Milky Way. I wonder if the ship the team will gate to will be like the Alteran ship in AoT?
                              Well atlantis was launched from earth several million years ago, so im betting that the destiny was launched a little before the plague. Therefore i reckon it will be pretty up to date with atlantis, perhaps a lil less advanced!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                              Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                              SG1 -

Comment

Working...
                              X