Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avenger 2.0 Virus + Attero Device = Wraith Killer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avenger 2.0 Virus + Attero Device = Wraith Killer?

I wondered, had the Atlantis Expedition used the "Avenger 2.0" virus to disable the Pegasus Gate Network all they would have to then do is activate the Attero device and send the Daedalus and Traveller Ships into Wraith territory to bait the Hive ships into going into Hyperspace and which could've seriously crippled them and might've brought an end to the war. The virus takes away the Attero device's major flaw and I'm sure Rodney could figure out how to re-activate the Gate Network especially since he was able to reprogram the Replicators.

The Wraith could also most likely reactivate the gate network
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Vertigold View Post
      I wondered, had the Atlantis Expedition used the "Avenger 2.0" virus to disable the Pegasus Gate Network all they would have to then do is activate the Attero device and send the Daedalus and Traveller Ships into Wraith territory to bait the Hive ships into going into Hyperspace and which could've seriously crippled them and might've brought an end to the war. The virus takes away the Attero device's major flaw and I'm sure Rodney could figure out how to re-activate the Gate Network especially since he was able to reprogram the Replicators.
      I had the same idea in a thread I posted "They should have used the Attero device to win the war" after much thought I realize in doesn't work on the Wraith.
      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

If the gates still worked while the Attero Device was on, then couldnt the Wraith just gate from planet to planet culling the populations
        And those darts should be able to fit through the gates fairly easily

Comment

The point is the Gates WONT be working. Therefore they wont be blowing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertigold View Post
            Ok seriously this has bugged me for ever! I had the same thought as soon as I first watched the lost tribe!
            And it always surprises me that Janus didn't think of it. Disable every gate in the galaxy, turn on the Attero device, sit back and relax! If the wraith tried to overwrite the gate shutdown, it would blow up in their faces. Worth the loss of a gate! Humans in the galaxy wouldn't know enough about to gate to mess around with it so 100% safe!

Comment

Maybe cause he didn't think that out of the box.

Comment

I don't know, I don't feel comfortable with eliminating an entire race. :/
                Back from the grave.

Comment

@ZRFTS, considering the soul purpose of this race is to feed on ours and destroy any advanced civilization....

Considering Janus had thought of and created the Atero device, it's really weird :/ When you are making something and encounter a problem, you first try to fix the problem at the source, if that is not possible, you try to work around the problem. The avenger 2.0 would be a perfect workaround.

My guess is, if MGM had to explain, they would say that it costed the ancients ships, outposts etc (those who didn't have sufficient shields to hold the explosion / were being attacked in the same time) and the council stopped him without him ever having the chance the complete the work.

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchMassacre View Post
                    @ZRFTS, considering the soul purpose of this race is to feed on ours and destroy any advanced civilization....
                    Still... The ancients gave life to them, it's not like we have the right to take life away from them.
                    Back from the grave.

Comment

French.. By that logic that "The wraith only exist to feed on us, so we should exterminate them" i take it you would be ok if someone wanted to exterminate the HUman race cause all we seem to do is act like a virus. We move into an area, consume all the natural resources, kill all native life, then move on.

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchMassacre View Post
                        Considering Janus had thought of and created the Atero device, it's really weird :/ When you are making something and encounter a problem, you first try to fix the problem at the source, if that is not possible, you try to work around the problem. The avenger 2.0 would be a perfect workaround.
                        We don't know what timeline exactly Attero was made in. If it was at the end of the war, Janus simply may not have had the time to do so. Also, there's good reason to believe that the Stargates were fundamental to the Ancient's infrastructure and shutting them off may have done more harm than good.

Comment

Good point. Heck it could have lead to several ancient outposts being cut off so they could not evacuate during a wraith attack, so the council told him to shut it down.

Comment

Working...
                          X