PDA

View Full Version : Don't Leave Carson!

rsanchez
October 20th, 2008, 06:57 AM
I think this episode makes a great case as to why Carson should stay instead of Keller.Carson is a no nonsense, get business done kind of guy that Keller just hasn't been. Keller whines when we most need her, while Carson laughs in the face of danger. Finally, Carson makes a much better couple with Rodney than Keller does. For the movie, we should see Carson, not Keller.

marty2006
October 20th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Aye we scots are a tough breed alright.

jenks
October 20th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Ha ha

Linda06
October 20th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Aye we scots are a tough breed alright.

Yep we are :D Now can we keep Carson please :D

jelgate
October 20th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I think this episode makes a great case as to why Carson should stay instead of Keller.Carson is a no nonsense, get business done kind of guy that Keller just hasn't been. Keller whines when we most need her, while Carson laughs in the face of danger. Finally, Carson makes a much better couple with Rodney than Keller does. For the movie, we should see Carson, not Keller.Ford would say different when he faced the Geni:P

dasNdanger
October 20th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Carson is a disgrace to the medical profession, violating his Hippocratic Oath a hundred times over. He has harmed so many, not healed. He has used sentient beings as guinea pigs, he has been responsible for aiding in the deaths of thousands of people due to the hoffan drug that he helped develop, and now, he himself has used his medical knowledge to poison another. He is nothing more than a doctor of death, not of life.

I am very disappointed with his development, especially since his 'resurrection' - he is dark, he is spiteful...he is exactly what Michael created him to be, and I don't like it at all. In comparison, Keller is a perky breath of fresh air, at least, until she starts killing her patients, or using her medical knowledge as a weapon to harm, instead of as a tool to heal.

das

Earthgate Ricky
October 20th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I am very disappointed with his development, especially since his 'resurrection' - he is dark, he is spiteful...he is exactly what Michael created him to be, and I don't like it at all. In comparison, Keller is a perky breath of fresh air, at least, until she starts killing her patients, or using her medical knowledge as a weapon to harm, instead of as a tool to heal.

das

His dark side is hot!
That's why Carson keep me watching SA!

Linda06
October 20th, 2008, 12:39 PM
His dark side is hot!
That's why Carson keep me watching SA!

Every side of him is hot :D

dasNdanger
October 20th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Every side of him is hot :D

Not as hot as this (painting by masterling):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/shirtlesswraith2a.jpg

:-P**************************

das

FallenAngelII
October 20th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Finally, Carson makes a much better couple with Rodney than Keller does.
McShep is the only true Atlantis pairing. But McBeckett is cute in its own right as well.

And, yes, I didn't miss Jennifer this episode at all. The episode was refreshingly enjoyable without any BS about Richard being reduced to a clown or Jennifer shoe-horned into the episode just for the sake of it or Love Triangle BS (from now on, it'll probably just be badly written ship BS).

It's the best episode in months. Yes, Jennifer's absence made that much of a difference.

Linda06
October 20th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Not as hot as this (painting by masterling):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/shirtlesswraith2a.jpg

:-P**************************

das

:eek: Ok is it weird that I actually find that really cool :S ;)

You better not let spikey see that ;)

dasNdanger
October 20th, 2008, 02:34 PM
:eek: Ok is it weird that I actually find that really cool :S ;)

You better not let spikey see that ;)

No worries, it'll be our little secret. ;)

das

MCH
October 20th, 2008, 03:10 PM
No worries, it'll be our little secret. ;)

das

You'll be in trouble Das when she finds out.
Better have a large mattress ready when she goes

THUNK.....

MCH

dasNdanger
October 20th, 2008, 03:12 PM
You'll be in trouble Das when she finds out.
Better have a large mattress ready when she goes

THUNK.....

MCH

:lol:

I like how his bellybutton is just peeking out over the top of his waistband... :o

das

rsanchez
October 20th, 2008, 04:58 PM

das
That would be expected, since first of all, he's not the original Carson and second of all, he performed medical research, not treatment, for quite a while. But you can still see the old Beckett, most noticeably when he decided to challenge the Wraith instead of participating in their medical research. He chose to try to save himself and Rodney rather than kill countless humans. That's pretty doctor-like to me. Personally, I prefer a multidimensional Carson rather than the doctor who saves lives at all costs and is reluctant to fight.

Commander Zelix
October 23rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
I always liked Carson as a secondary Atlantis character. He brought something else to the ensemble. I always wondered why did they got rid of him? Is there any real life reasons (contract/artistic dispute, non-availability)?

Jill_Ion
October 23rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Carson is a disgrace to the medical profession, violating his Hippocratic Oath a hundred times over. He has harmed so many, not healed. He has used sentient beings as guinea pigs, he has been responsible for aiding in the deaths of thousands of people due to the hoffan drug that he helped develop, and now, he himself has used his medical knowledge to poison another. He is nothing more than a doctor of death, not of life.

das

I'm sorry, but a reality check is needed here.

Carson.1 didn't want the Hoffans to use the drug because it hadn't been properly tested. When he found out about the high mortality rate, he and the Team told the Hoffans what the dire consequences would be (50% would die from the drug, the rest killed by the Wraith), but the Hoffans chose to use the drug anyway.

Carson.2 only worked on developing the Hoffan Plague under duress from Michael. In fact, Michael created Carson.2 specifically to do this research. Michael is solely responsible for the Hoffan Plague, as it was his idea and his creation whom he forced to do the work.

Carson.2 used his immunity against a Wraith who had stunned, kidnapped, and threatened the lives of Carson and Rodney. This same Wraith threatened the lives of over 700 people on the planet, and had the weapons and will to kill all of them had he lived. Carson.2 did not possess the weapons or hand-to-hand combat skills or physical strength to overcome this Wraith, so he used the only weapon available to him - something he had just discovered and therefore didn't premeditate for days, weeks, months, or even hours.

(EDIT) Last point. Carson used his immunity as a defensive weapon. The Wraith attacked first. Call it "feeding," call it "need," but the Wraith's put his hand on Carson for the express purpose to kill Carson. Carson defended himself.

Reiko
October 23rd, 2008, 09:20 PM
I always wondered why did they got rid of him? Is there any real life reasons (contract/artistic dispute, non-availability)?

I'll just say that like Torri, Paul did not want to leave. That's the plain truth. What we don't know is why, but I won't point out my suspects as the mods will gag me for a few days if I did. :P

McShep is the only true Atlantis pairing. But McBeckett is cute in its own right as well.

I'm not a slasher but ITA McShep is very believable and McBeck very cute. ^^

I'm sorry, but a reality check is needed here.
<snip for space>
(EDIT) Last point. Carson used his immunity as a defensive weapon. The Wraith attacked first. Call it "feeding," call it "need," but the Wraith's put his hand on Carson for the express purpose to kill Carson. Carson defended himself.

:weiranime17: Props to Jill_Ion for an exceptional post.

Jill_Ion
October 23rd, 2008, 09:55 PM
Thank-you, Reiko. :)

jonos101
October 23rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
:weiranime17: Props to Jill_Ion for an exceptional post.

Agreed. :)