This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atlantis beams

with us haveing this lost tribe of asgard chasing after us now is it worth installing asgard beams on atlantis.....drones and beams...game over for anyone on the wrong team i say......

I thought we should have installed them the moment we got them! We could build parts for an Asgard beam weapons platform on the Odyssey(using the Asgard Computer Core) then install them at various parts around Atlantis. Add drones and a ZPM to the equation and Atlantis would be near invincible!

Comment

That would make for an awesome fight scene. Imagine if we had it for 'The Siege.' Instead of flares going up, Asgard beams would go into space and rip apart the hives. Closer to Atlantis, you would see dozens of darts explode that were caught in the fire.

Comment

Beams on Atlantis may not work. They would have to be souped up versions of what are on the 304's since they would have a much greater distance to travel. As well, would they be able to pass through the shield when it is raised?

Comment

There would have been power issues, you would need more ZPMs.
          It has been seen in various episodes (I think even BAMSR), that they could compromise the strenght of the shield if we use them continually. And that's also why Carter didn't destroy the second hive on one of her "raids" in The Last Man.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
            There would have been power issues, you would need more ZPMs.
            It has been seen in various episodes (I think even BAMSR), that they could compromise the strenght of the shield if we use them continually. And that's also why Carter didn't destroy the second hive on one of her "raids" in The Last Man.
            i dont know, 3 -7 naqudah generators (i know very vauge) per beam, im thinking 2 on each pier (12 total) so maybe, just maybe, there is a future

sigpic
            Sig made by squirrely1
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
            *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

I agree. If they did install Asgard beams on Atlantis, the best method would be to give each beam its own power source and its own control panel that could be accessed from the main control room but could work independently if "weapons go offline." Since their interaction with the Atlantis OS would be minimal, they would be very reliable. With their own power sources, engineers could afford to raise the intensity and range of the beams, and create a powerful force of destruction. Imagine 20-30 beams firing independently in all directions, taking out a fleet of 30+ ships. That would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                That would make for an awesome fight scene. Imagine if we had it for 'The Siege.' Instead of flares going up, Asgard beams would go into space and rip apart the hives. Closer to Atlantis, you would see dozens of darts explode that were caught in the fire.
                Followed closely by many of Atlantis's buildings falling as the beams superheat the air, causing thermal bloom shockwaves.

Comment

IMO as far as surface to air/orbit weapons are concerned, drones are the best by far, just take a look at the kind of damage the Antarctic Outpost could do. I don't think that Asgard beams would even be able to hit a target in orbit.
                  sigpic

Comment

we dont need crazy amounts of beams.....mostly the drones can handle the long range stuff and beams could be more short range....would conserve drones i guess.....
                    plus im sure some alterations could be made to atlantis shield technology to compensate....after all it owrked for the earth ships..shouldnt be too hard for a lantean vessle....

Comment

Hi, my name is Spoiler Tag. Please use me.
                      -- Brains12

Comment

we should also have 302's in atlantis.

Comment

I think it would work, it can't be too hard to implement them, it didnt take long to put the beams on all the earth ships, they dont take too much power (they run fine on the earth ships normal power source) and thy would be very useful if the drones were unavailable, or for short range firing such as if the city is in space or darts etc are attacking the city.

Originally posted by brains12 View Post
                          Hi, my name is Spoiler Tag. Please use me.
                          But there aren't any spoilers in here are there? Nothing for Atlantis season 5 that I noticed

Comment

u would need so much power and it couldn't pass through shields
                            sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

In what universe are weapons (drones) so slow the enemy has time to jump to hyperspace superior to weapons (uber beams) which travel at nearly the speed of light capable of one or two shot kills?

Comment

Working...
                              X