How would you beat the Attero device.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you beat the Attero device.

The Attero device is a powerful doomsday weapon so If the Ancients decided to hell with the non ancients and keep the Attero on what would you do?

Assume that:
    1. The Wraith commands hundreds of planets
    2. Ancient Battlegroups 3-4 Auroras are harrasing Wraith Territory.
    3. The Ancients have a few dozen worlds left.
    4. Wraith still have the SOW facility and dozens of ZPMs to power it.

I know it is difficult to think of a strategy so try.
    Stargate Revival Please!

If you want me to beat the Ancients then thats easy-Fly a PJ over Atlantis and dial any old address-by by Ancients Boooooooom

If you want me to defeat the Wraith-the best Strategy is to just leave them, they will lose a few ships to the device and eventually have to stay still-then the Wraith will turn on each other. Of course make sure that the Ancient planets are all aware of the gate problems, the Wraith cloning place will be more or less stranded as the gate oin space would blow up if used and well how would the troopes get off of the planet??????? Why bother sending Aurora's out just after activating the device. Wait a few months building defences and hopefully the Wraith will be very weak cuz most won't be near a planet and they'll feed on each other.

Comment

I'd drop the Odyssey out of hyperspace right next to the planet that the Aterro device is on and hit it with my Asgard beam weapons (not forgetting to raise my shields), once it's gone I'd jump away.

I'd be thinking about the majority of normal Humans in the Pegasus galaxy and the longer that device is left on the more will die.

Comment

What if the Ancient, in their great knowledge would have shutdown the Gate system for a few weeks/months. Activated the Attero device and then go on to attack any Wraith vessel. Without reinforcement, the Wraith would have been helpless.

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
          The Attero device is a powerful doomsday weapon so If the Ancients decided to hell with the non ancients and keep the Attero on what would you do?

Assume that:
          1. The Wraith commands hundreds of planets
          2. Ancient Battlegroups 3-4 Auroras are harrasing Wraith Territory.
          3. The Ancients have a few dozen worlds left.
          4. Wraith still have the SOW facility and dozens of ZPMs to power it.

I know it is difficult to think of a strategy so try.
          Salvage one of the drives off of one of the countless ancient ships/facilities I must have destroyed or overrun by this point in the war, such as the 3 ships I captured with ZPMs for my cloning machine, and use their "hyperspace frequency" instead.

As I start trasmitting the new hyperspace frequencies to the rest of my forces I'll take 2 of the same 3 ships to Atlantis. At that point one of them waits a hyperjump away and the other proceeds into the system. I'll then launch a cloaked puddlejumper from outside of the city's weapon's range, cloak it and fly it in close enough to the Atlantis tower to dial their gate in the control room.

When they collapse the shield to deal with the gate that's about to explode that first ship ends up on a collision course, guns blazing for the unshielded city while everyone bails into escape pods to be collected by the second ship.

Comment

Black hole, Stargate, star... piece of piss.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              Black hole, Stargate, star... piece of piss.
              That just got me thinking about how the Asgard collapsed Othalla's Star.
              I know that Thor said they artificially increased the gravity of their Sun, but could that be how they did it, by (assuming they have a gate network in Ida) dialing a solar system that's close to a black hole and then dumping the Stargate in to Othalla's sun?

Comment

Working...
              X