This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What creatures would you like to see...

I posted this on IMDB, with pretty much no responses, so I thought I'd try here, were trolls and flame wars are a little less prevelant.

What kinda creatures would you like to see on Sanctuary?

I think a shapeshifting creature, one that can become any person (or thing) it wants, would be cool. Maybe it would be an ally, helping them with some problem. Or maybe it's neutral: just as willing to use it's metamorphic powers to spread confusion for chaos's sake. Or maybe it's evil, and uses it's powers to try and destroy the Sanctuary. Or maybe it's powers have left it with mulitiple personalities, it's trying to do all of the above, and the team has to work together to stop it/help it through it's maddness...

One idea I had for Special Unit 2 (a show that Sanctuary seems to share underlying concepts, like monsters being differently evolved beings), which would show some human that were more evolved than the rest: The Gods of Mythology. In my idea, keeping with the quirky cop show theme, The Pantheon was now a biker gang of what was left of various gods from different cultures.

For Sanct. I would go a slightly different route; maybe steal from the TOS episode "Who Mours for Adonis?", and have one single god left. Alone, rejected, and pretty upset at us 'mortals', he sets out to either:
    1)make us worship him again
    2)punish us in a very god like way
    3)destroy himself, which must be done in a 'god like way'.

The team must stop him before this happens. Maybe Will tries to work past this beings 'survivor guilt' or whatever, or Ash beats him somehow, or Helen talks to him, immortal to immortal. For real fun, let Bigfoot or Henry be the one who 'talks him down': either by also being a unique being in a world that is not their own (bigfoot), or appealing to some aspect of the god's personality that makes him remember why he liked humans so much. In the end, he leaves, one way or another, and the team feels pity that such a powerful being could come to such a state.

Then the credits roll, and the trailer for "Zombie Boa II: Your Sister is a Weresnake" showing saturday at 9 starts....

I would LOVE to see them do the Jersey Devil. X-Files *tried* to do a Jersey Devil episode, and failed miserably at it - at even being close to what the Devil is all about. It was very pathetic. I just would like to see someone handle the Devil correctly, and this is exactly the type of show that could do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil

das
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the X-Files Jersey Devil episode was pretty bad. I've wanted just about every paranormal show to give it a go. Supernatural would be a good choice, if it didn't show up on Sanct. (I always thought a Jersey Devil would be a good recurring character on Angel: probably have to have him be human part of the time, either under his control or controled by some outside force (the moon, anger, spell/curse).

Related to my shapeshifter idea would be Fairy folk. Maybe move away from the idea that they are tiny lil people that are cute. That was just the most recent inturpertation of the myth. The legends are alot more varied in what the fey look like, can do, and want from us mortals. Maybe borrow from the "Gargoyles" cartoon, or Hellboy II.

Comment

maybe ones that are just different...like a blind person that can 'see' like a dolphin, with sound waves.

there's always the fun 'salt vampire' from star trek

aquaman - a human with gills

or a human that can't breathe oxygen, s/he lives on a mouontain top because oxygen is poison so needs to live where the air is rare
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A giant goat that eats bunnies
          BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

my choices, el chupcabra, spring heeled jack, knuckers
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see a hybrid on Sanctuary like on Underworld Micheal was a cross between a warewoolf and a vampire he had the streagth of a warewoolf and the speed of a vampire and Selene was as well but more vampire she had the blood of a vampire elder and also the first immortal to see something similer to that on Sanctuary would rock seeing Helen ,Will & Ashley taking on a hybrid very cool .
              sigpic
              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                I'd love to see a hybrid on Sanctuary like on Underworld Micheal was a cross between a warewoolf and a vampire he had the streagth of a warewoolf and the speed of a vampire and Selene was as well but more vampire she had the blood of a vampire elder and also the first immortal to see something similer to that on Sanctuary would rock seeing Helen ,Will & Ashley taking on a hybrid very cool .
                vampires and werewolves have (excuse the pun) been done to death on supernatural type shows and movies, and i do hope if they are ever done they will be done in as unique a way as possible, a hybrid would be interesting but i doubt TPTB would steal something like the hybrid from underworld
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

i'd like them to come up with something different than the stereotypes.

we know that there are werewolves, ashley has mentioned them. we saw a vampire in the webby, but how about a 'memory vampire' or the trek salt vampire, or one that feeds on happiness so they keep a group of people 'captive', keeping them drugged or happy to feed off them. or they run a brothel to feed off the pleasure pheramones.

there are a lot of ways to tweak it unique.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted AvatarIII
                    vampires and werewolves have (excuse the pun) been done to death on supernatural type shows and movies, and i do hope if they are ever done they will be done in as unique a way as possible, a hybrid would be interesting but i doubt TPTB would steal something like the hybrid from underworld
                    Originally Posted by Skydiver
                    i'd like them to come up with something different than the stereotypes.

we know that there are werewolves, ashley has mentioned them. we saw a vampire in the webby, but how about a 'memory vampire' or the trek salt vampire, or one that feeds on happiness so they keep a group of people 'captive', keeping them drugged or happy to feed off them. or they run a brothel to feed off the pleasure pheramones.

there are a lot of ways to tweak it unique.
                    With the hybrid i forgot to mention that it could be any kind of hybrid not just a vampire/warewoolf it could be anything sorry i need to explain better sorry about that .
                    sigpic
                    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Second the chupacabra idea.

Comment

Original creatures created for the show. They have sought of done that for most of episodes so far I want them to keep on doing it. Through I think we had more original creatures in the webisodes than we have seen so far in the TV. I would love to see that creature that was helping them test the weapons.

They already had a shap shifter idea in kush, she did it by bending their minds. And the folding men sought shape shift to limited degree. So I think that enough for now.

Vampires been over done. Werewolfes have not seen them done well in a tv serious for while through I did enjoy Doctor Who one they did.

A god like creature, may be based on the elemental that we have seen seemed a interesting concept. May he decides that to be destroyed him self he needs to used all the elements and well that one side effect of this destroying the city. Great potential for brilliant effects to be created. In fact a battle between the Sanctuary fire elemental and a other fire elemental or a ice some other elemental would be entertaining to watch.

I would like to see a couple of episodes to concentrate on the current residents of the sanctuary.

Spring Heeled Jack been done already in the series as the drug dealer but with a normal human face and arms and skin colour.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 01 November 2008, 05:52 AM.

Comment

yeah, it would be nice to see the infrastructure of the sanctuary. who cooks and cleans, how to all the abbys live? how do they take care of themselves and each other

do some venture out and interact with the general public, or do they live cloistered?

sigpic

Comment

I think what makes them abnormal would be a factor if they can go out into the general public.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                              Originally posted by StarOcean
                              Second the chupacabra idea.
                              I third the El Chupacabra idea!

I'd also like to see a monkey that is as intelligent as a person... seriously...

Comment

Working...
                              X