Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any doubt now that Carson adds more Dynamic to episodes than Keller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any doubt now that Carson adds more Dynamic to episodes than Keller?

?
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Of course he is going to due to the fact that he is the one that we know better and have liked for so long.

Comment

I never did doubt it.

I'd like to know what the people that say "they like both equally" think, or even if any Keller fans agree with this statement.

Comment

I think Carson added more dynamic than Keller could have in this particular episode given his history with both the Wraith and the Hoffan plague.

But, again, you're attempting universalize a highly subjective notion. People like either character for different reasons.

They are different characters with different histories and they both bring their own elements to the show.
        sigpic

Comment

Nope, no doubt.

The dart cockpit scene alone was worth watching the episode. I kept wondering why they didn't do this type of thing between Carson and Rodney sooner. But no, they axed him with so much potential still left in the character. Gee, who else could they have done this to??? To think that if it wasn't for the Save Carson Beckett Campaign and other efforts, we wouldn't have seen some of this potential come to fruition.

Comment

Actually, this episode has made me hate Carson, and miss Keller.

go figger.

das
            sigpic

Comment

I like Beckett more than Keller, he is really funny, especially with Rodney as the dart scene showed. I still like Keller as well though and I'm glad we have seen a bit more of her this season.
              sigpic

Comment

Well I loathe Keller with a passion so my answer may be a little biased

I just like Carson, I turn off when I see Keller.

Comment

I haven't been fussed about clone!Carson at all, in fact would have preferred them to keep him dead . BUT I adored him in this episode and his interaction with the other characters! I didn't realise how much I'd missed it
                  What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I didn't realize I felt this strongly about the whole Keller/Carson thing, but watching Outsiders I felt a palpable sense of relief having Carson as the SGA doc. Things seemed back in their proper place.
                    (Mainly, though, I think it's the idea that now almost every time Keller is onscreen, it reminds me of the McKeller ship, which I really don't like.)

God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world Robert Browning
                    English poet (1812 - 1889)
                    sigpic

Comment

Not to turn this into an Anti-Keller thread but I prefer Carson over Keller anyday. I just think Carson's character has more to offer on the dynamic and drama end. A love triangle does not interest me, and I would watch BSG if I wanted that. What interests me is good friendship bonds, and seeing someone willing to sacrifice their life to save others. That to me is more interesting. Not who's banging who.
                      Last edited by Briangate78; 19 October 2008, 09:11 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Carson probably does. I still like Keller plenty though.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                          Yeah, Carson probably does. I still like Keller plenty though.
                          I don't hate Keller, but Carson to me is more interesting.
                          sigpic

Comment

Carson has his strengths while Keller has hers. He just happens to have more experence with the Hoffan drug just like I would trust Keller more when it comes the "Queen"drug
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm happy with either doctor, but i really wish they'd come up with a good reason for Beckett to disappear every so often.

When they discovered him in season 4, he talked about how he'd missed them all and how all he wanted to do was return to Atlantis. But now he's back, he can't get away quick enough and it plays really strangely to me.

I know the actor is only signed for about 5 episodes, so they've spaced them out and varied the style of story, but in the context of the character it doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X