Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That was not 600-700 people they rescued.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was not 600-700 people they rescued.

So I guess we can just assume that the rest of them were abandoned by the heroes at the end to perish under a hail of dart shots and/or be collected for culling.

Wow, I guess they should have listened to evil "I don't trust them" guy after all.

Extras cost money.
    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
      So I guess we can just assume that the rest of them were abandoned by the heroes at the end to perish under a hail of dart shots and/or be collected for culling.

Wow, I guess they should have listened to evil "I don't trust them" guy after all.
      Unfortunately, it appears that way.

If Jervis was alive, he would have said, "I told you so".

Comment

The rest escaped by boat.

Comment

I'm going to guess that an extra costs more than 1 buck per person.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

they could of had digital people...
            supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
              they could of had digital people...
              Special effects would cost just as much (more probably) and add a long time to the post production

Comment

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Didn't they only save the Balarans and not the rest of the original inhabitants. Or did I miss something?
                  I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Ha. When I was watching it I was thinking "(sigh) Oh good they got away. Wait a minute. What about the rest of them."
                    Our hero's did the best they could but overall they would have to count this as a mission failure, unless the wraith simply decided to retreat and leave the village alone.
                    I still thought it was a great episode though.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                      Not to mention you have to get clothes for all of them, since todays modern fashion simply won't do. At least the show is not so bad in terms of realism that you have a wraith walking around in a Ralph Lauren shirt and wearing Guess jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                        I would, I'm sure a lot of stargate fans would volunteer just for a chance to be shown. Heck they did that for Monty Pythons Holy Grail, they walked to a local uni and said "hey, who wants to be in our film" and used them for the big fight scene at the end.

As for costumes, they could use much less detailed ones for people at th back of crowds, or reuse older costumes, or even reuse the same costumes for different shots.

Comment

They could show the same people running through the gate again and again. That wouldn't cost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
                            Ha. When I was watching it I was thinking "(sigh) Oh good they got away. Wait a minute. What about the rest of them."
                            Our hero's did the best they could but overall they would have to count this as a mission failure, unless the wraith simply decided to retreat and leave the village alone.
                            I still thought it was a great episode though.
                            Retreat? McKay rigged the hive to explode and Beckett vented his "turn Wraith into human retrovirus" through the hive for good measure.
                            sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbes View Post
                              They could show the same people running through the gate again and again. That wouldn't cost anything.
                              Yes it would. Longer working hours, more film stock etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X