Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn't it be cool to have Jonas Quinn on SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't it be cool to have Jonas Quinn on SGU?

I reckon Jonas Quinn would be great on Stargate Universe - I think he could be well written in eventually. I would watch it just to see him! He could offer a lot to SGU and bring a bit of the original Stargate to the newest of the Stargate spin-offs.

This is just a hypothetical question/idea - wouldn't it be nice?
    "Wøøf!"

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Im sorry to anyone that likes him but i hated him in season 6. It was torture enough last time. Im really excited for SGU but if hes in it then that would be TERRIBLE! NO NO and NO again!!!!!!!!!
    =
    Last edited by Andromeda Galaxy; 17 October 2008, 08:27 PM.
    SGU =Awesome!!!
    Hope it stays as good...
    sigpic

Comment

It would be nice to see Jonas return but its never going to happen
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I think I speak for everyone when I say no!

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

I'd watch it if it had him in it. From what I've heard of SGU, I'm not really interested in it. It'd be nice to see him again.
          there’s a decent living to be made in the selling out of ideals--Darren Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
            I reckon Jonas Quinn would be great on Stargate Universe - I think he could be well written in eventually. I would watch it just to see him! He could offer a lot to SGU and bring a bit of the original Stargate to the newest of the Stargate spin-offs.

I really liked Jonas in S6 and 7 of SG-1,but I don't think there's the slightest chance of seeing Jonas in SGU.

Originally posted by Andromeda Galaxy View Post
            NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Im sorry to anyone that likes him but i hated him in season 6. It was torture enough last time. Im really excited for SGU but if hes in it then that would be TERRIBLE! NO NO and NO again!!!!!!!!!
            =
            Point taken.try to curb your enthusiasm,lol !

Originally posted by Anubis10545 View Post
            You speak only for yourself...just like everyone else in the online fandom.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I liked Jonas a lot but he doesn't really seem the most natural fit for this show here exactly.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

It would be nice but its never gonna happen
                - Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
                - When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
                - Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
                - Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Comment

Maybe, if he stays away from the weed for a while...
                  Death To The Salad Eaters!!

Comment

He's busy rebuilding Langara after the Ori and hosting his own weather channel.
                    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis10545 View Post
                      I'd rather you didn't... Thank you!

That would mean I have to watch it - No, thank you! Besides Corin's too old for the show anyway.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Perhap he could be in for the first 5 minutes then get killed by a Kawoosh

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                          Perhap he could be in for the first 5 minutes then get killed by a Kawoosh
                          I would like THAT!
                          SGU =Awesome!!!
                          Hope it stays as good...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
                            Would it be nice? Yeah, maybe.

Would it be likely? No. I think I'd be declared Empress of the Universe before we ever see Jonas again.

Is it something I actively want to see? Sadly, no. I loved the character and I think Corin himself is awesome, but I think too much time has passed. I also wasn't impressed by the writing of his character the first time around and can only imagine it'd be worse on his return, especially given all the time that has passed for TPTB. They were still fairly good in S6, but by now... I think the whole show is likely to be atrocious and I wouldn't want him to be a part of that mess.

There are also the practical considerations. How would you explain his appearance? He doesn't fit in with the casting sheet and in order for him to be picked up along the way he'd have to be in an impossibly distant galaxy/universe; exactly how is he supposed to have gotten there? Especially considering that his planet was overtaken by the Ori. I've always assumed that meant he was dead, even if TPTB won't say the actual words.

Sure, there are ways to get around the various practical issues, but they'd be a bit far-fetched- even for Stargate- and I don't think it'd be worth the payoff just to see him again.

I still think Jonas/Corin got shafted hard by TPTB and that there was a lot more that could have been done with the character, but the time for coulda-woulda-shoulda is long past and I think that it's best that everyone move on.

Besides, while I know it's never going to last I'd like for the show to maintain the fiction of being cut off from Earth and its allies and thus making crossovers impossible. *sigh* It'd be nice if that stayed true, and if all the characters on SGU were actually UNIQUE to SGU rather than being castoffs from other shows.

Comment

I liked Jonas. I don't know if he should be in SGU or not, but I'd like to see him return to Stargate someday.

Comment

Working...
                              X