This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retcon-Rewrite

Will they "retcon"/rewrite Universe out of Stargate continuity if the show disappoints?
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

And how will they go about doing that?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      And how will they go about doing that?
      Hypothetically... Episode #6, SciFi's just canceled Universe.

[Some event on the show culminates with Destiny exploding.]

[cut to the SGC]

: So that's my idea!

Martin Lloyd: I'm sorry, but that's the worst idea for a TV show that I've ever heard.

[the end]
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree with Vala. Let it go boom!

Comment

Seriously I don't understand why people are damning this show without giving it a chance
          "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
            Seriously I don't understand why people are damning this show without giving it a chance
            What? I should praise it? Pfff... right. Ever read the blurb on the back of a book and went "meh, can't be good." and put it back. Same difference.

Besides underneath the joke RiS makes a good point.

Comment

What? I should praise it? Pfff... right. Ever read the blurb on the back of a book and went "meh, can't be good." and put it back. Same difference.

Wow...did you really just advocate judging a book by its cover?

I think there is some kind of saying about that. I'll look into it and get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                You clearly didn't even read the OP, since I asked if they'd remove Universe from Stargate continuity if it didn't work out. I'm pretty sure that's a fair question when talking about a franchise defined by:
                1.) 200+ episode award winning series
                2.) 100 episode award winning series
                3.) Multimillion dollar blockbuster film
                4.) 2 #1 DVD Movies

I was wondering if they'd remove it if it hypothetically was canceled in say 6 episodes, because that would sully an overall stellar record.
                sigpic
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Well I will wait to tee Universe for myself, I hope they use the time to come up with some really good themes and make sure it is well thought through.

Comment

Almost certianly not. In my opinion. Even if it's terrible. Unless maybe its so bad that its canceled after like 3 episodes or something.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

A great thing about Universe will be that they will encounter so many more races so since they are constantly moving their enemies will change. Maybe a few will have vast domains but the series will be a lot like SG-1's early years where they could run into anyone or anything with a enemy lurking in the background like the Goa'uld used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                        Hypothetically... Episode #6, SciFi's just canceled Universe.

[Some event on the show culminates with Destiny exploding.]

[cut to the SGC]

: So that's my idea!

Martin Lloyd: I'm sorry, but that's the worst idea for a TV show that I've ever heard.

[the end]
                        If SGU do end up getting axed after 3 episodes, (of course I hope not) then this would be the best way.

Comment

Originally posted by Konman72 View Post
                          Not advocating anything - but it's the same thing as reading the blurb/summary on the back of a book and going "meh, not interesting enough."
                          Personally I read the casting calls and the basic premise and I was thinking "meh, better things in the world to look forward to." - which is the same thing as say reading the back of Lord of the Rings and go "NEXT!".

I think there is some kind of saying about that. I'll look into it and get back to you.
                          I'm sure there is. Please do get back! I tend to mix up my sayings on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                            Will they "retcon"/rewrite Universe out of Stargate continuity if the show disappoints?
                            Who's "they"? I'm already pretending Universe isn't going to exist
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

OH GAWD. THAT WAS EPIC CALL KONMAN72. That is seriously the best come back I have ever heard.

Comment

Working...
                              X