Are the asgard Consciousness in the Asgard Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the asgard Consciousness in the Asgard Core

I was listening to the latest podcast and it was mentioned that the asgard core contained the consciousness of all the asgard, has there been any confirmation of this?

That is a very interesting idea that I hope they explore I would love to see Thor and his buddies again. If anyone has any info on this please let us all know

Comment

It seems unlikely since Thor beamed away from the Odyssey after he installed the core and we've never seen the Asgard make copies of consciousnesses even when it could benefit them. However, Thor did say that the core could display a holographic image of any Asgard as a part of its interface.

Comment

Its doesn't really contain their consciousness as your thinking. We don't have their minds just all their technolgy and knowledge so in a sense so in a way we do have consciousness.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

We have holograms programmed to give answers to questions but not the acutal consciousness of the Asgard.

Comment

thats what i thought, one thing that does bother me though is the fact that thor says that each of them has a rapidly progressing disease, could they have not just growing new clones as we had a copy of there asgard dna and successfully grew a clone before.

I realise that they might not have had enough time to grow the clones themselfs but they could have stored there minds and told us how to download them when the clones were ready.

Comment

Originally posted by tsolinas View Post
              I was listening to the latest podcast and it was mentioned that the asgard core contained the consciousness of all the asgard, has there been any confirmation of this?

I was under the impression that the core did contain their consciousness, but everyone on Gateworld keeps saying otherwise.

Comment

Is there a time limit in how long an asgards mind can stay in a computer? Thor was in Anubis's ship for a couple months before the recovered it. Other scifi shows put a time limit on how long minds can last in storage.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
                  I was under the impression that the core did contain their consciousness, but everyone on Gateworld keeps saying otherwise.
                  It was never stated that there consciousness's were in the core, they were only holographic representation's of each asgard in th knowledge base.

I was pretty certain of this until they mentioned the possiblity on the podcast.

Comment

The Asgard could have turned into replicators just like Dr Weir did??????

That would save them.

Comment

I seriously doubt that.

A human mind is about 1.25 TB in size and that they Asgard are way more advanced mentally than we are (so assume 4 times human capacity; 5 TB) and assume all of the Asgard minds are contained (let's assume there are 100,000 of them), so that would be about 50 yottabytes (YB) of data (57,646,075,230,342,348,800 bytes) and I doubt even the Asgard have that kind of storage capacity in something as small as the core.

Not to mention that the core contains ALL of their knowledge amassed over the past 100,000 years. Knowing how big the Ancient database is from the early Atlantis episodes, one can imagine how big the Asgard database in the core is as well.

Comment

well..no i do not believe that the Odessey Asgard core has the consciousness of them inside. I somewhat remember them (the Asgard) saying in Unending that the representations were just holograms

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
                          I seriously doubt that.

A human mind is about 1.25 TB in size and that they Asgard are way more advanced mentally than we are (so assume 4 times human capacity; 5 TB) and assume all of the Asgard minds are contained (let's assume there are 100,000 of them), so that would be about 50 yottabytes (YB) of data (57,646,075,230,342,348,800 bytes) and I doubt even the Asgard have that kind of storage capacity in something as small as the core.

Not to mention that the core contains ALL of their knowledge amassed over the past 100,000 years. Knowing how big the Ancient database is from the early Atlantis episodes, one can imagine how big the Asgard database in the core is as well.
                          This kind of made me laugh.

100,000 years of knowledge can hardly be compared to the 70,000,000+ years of knowledge that the Ancients amassed. I am using 70,000,000 years as the lowest possible answer as when Daniel proved the energy source in a GHD can last 50 million years and the Earth one was depleted it must be before that when the Ancients arrived on Earth then add another 20,000,000 years for them to have separated from the Ori and traveled to the Milky Way from their home galaxy and found Earth. And then thinking of the SGA episode(not sure of the ep. number) where Radick is talking about taking home some(about 10% I think he said was possible) of the Atlantis data on all the computers taken from Earth to Atlantis which I do not expect to be much from what you sure on the first SGA episode then take into account the Asgard are much more advanced than us then surly this would be probable from the to have 50 yottabytes of data stored in such a small devise and remember it is linked into every system the Oddesey have meaning it could be storing info on any of them and have it all compressed.

Wow that may be ramblings but it made sense to me.

Comment

I think it was never specified so the PTB could keep their options open.

But I'd love to see the Asgard again! Even though it would cheapen Undending.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                            Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

I'm afraid that Unending made it clear that the Asgard we knew are all dead and aren't in the core.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                              X