Asgard Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard Improvements

Does anyone know if there is any reason why the Earth ships have not been upgraded with any thing other than the Asgard Core and the beam weapons? Since it has been stated that the Asgard had ships that could cross a galaxy in minutes and use sensors for their transport beams, how come our ships can't do the same by now (since "Unending")?

we use sensors for the beams. our ships have a core now. we have upgraded shields, hyperdrives, everything. what we need, is more power. 4x as much, to be precise

Comment

The only thing that is needed is better security protocols to prevent takeovers of the ship. Also, people would never be so stupid and leave the computer stations unlocked when there was an enemy on board. The whole incident in FC and TLC should have never happend.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Well to be fair in First Contact
        Spoiler:
        Todd took the bridge crew by surprise so their stations would have been unlocked and he probably would have been able to unlock or lock the rest of the ship from there
        "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

On the hyperdrive thing from the original post-perhaps hull geometry has something to do with it????? The Asgard core has 100's of years of stuff to go through so its bound to take time to get a super fleet of ships built. What the SGC did was equip the best upgrade to their latest ships-the Beam weapons. Everyone is saying that the shields had been upgraded-well apart from McKays upgrade there has been no evidence that there ever was an upgrade to that system cuz the Deady took around the same damages as it normally does up against a wraith cruiser and Pheonix got pummelled by 3 hives like the other 304's. The only thing different between the other 304's and the Oddessy is the ZPM which soup's up the underpowered Asgard shields to full strengh-hence why it can take on several Ori ships.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            we use sensors for the beams. our ships have a core now. we have upgraded shields, hyperdrives, everything. what we need, is more power. 4x as much, to be precise
            Well, they never mentioned the upgraded shields, but I think probably yes.

But I don't know about the hyperdrive. As I know the Odyssey have a new hyper drive. But, in 4x17 Midway it takes the Daedalus 1,5 weeks to reach the Midway Station which is on half way to Atlantis.
            1,5*2=3 weeks. Which was the original travelling time before Undending.

Comment

With a ZPM the hyperdrive gets boasted from around 60million xC (3 Million Ly divided by 19 days) to around 300million and 4 days travel time (Deady to Atlantis in the Siege)

Yes to the 4x much power

Comment

The Asgard cannot cross galaxies in minutes; that fact was retconned after Season 6 when the writers realized it made them too powerful.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I agree, as shown in New Order, it took hours to get to earth and back, though the Asgard Hyperdrive is faster than that of all other races (incl Ancients, Ori). But minutes no. But I want to see more of subspace communication. It is shown on many occassions that the Asgard can use it to communicate extremly larger distances (i.e. Galactic). Though it is jammed by certain phenomena.

Comment

Perhaps the Asgard science vessel was slower than the Beliskner and Oniell-well they had four/four plus Neutrino/Ion generators. That would make a lot more sense as the cruisers would have a ton more energy to throw about. Its a better explaination than a simple retcon.

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                      Perhaps the Asgard science vessel was slower than the Beliskner and Oniell-well they had four/four plus Neutrino/Ion generators. That would make a lot more sense as the cruisers would have a ton more energy to throw about. Its a better explaination than a simple retcon.
                      Thor's ship was on an extremely urgent mission in both "New Order" and "Reckoning." I doubt he'd take a substantially slower ship...
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Well perhaps that was the only ship available, from what I can see from the picture of the Jackson I have there are 2 circular dome thingys (1 on either side of the ship) that must be the N/I generators-the Beliskner has 3 and a little one, and the Oniell probably has the same or more. Another reason why Thor was in a science vessel was because he needed the scientific facilities firstly to monitor Halla and then to work on the ARG weapons. The Oniell is a battleship with some scientific stuff onboard but perhaps the "Science Vessel" was better suited to the task. Plus the Asgard probably had more of them as they are quite small (The sites say 1000m but the bridge moduale window is very visable from the top-also the Ha'tak was bigger than it cuz the staff cannon fire was smaller compared to the Ha'tak than it was to "The Jackson")

Comment

I doubt he would have taken a slower vessel, besides a science ships has less weapons so more power for hyperdrive. Also the Beliskner would be capable of the same scientific things. I also has a computer and a matterconverter (Thor made food for himself and Carter.)

Comment

As I said previously

1, There were no other ships available-they were in the middle of a war
                            2, He needed more science facilities-stands to reason a science ship would have more than a exploration ship

Why would a science vessel need super fast hyperspace engines????

Its not designed to monitor Goa'uld activities, engage hostile forces en mass or police the galaxies.

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                              As I said previously

1, There were no other ships available-they were in the middle of a war
                              2, He needed more science facilities-stands to reason a science ship would have more than a exploration ship

Why would a science vessel need super fast hyperspace engines????

Its not designed to monitor Goa'uld activities, engage hostile forces en mass or police the galaxies.
                              1. The Asgard were not in the middle of a war; the Asgard-Replicator War ended in "New Order, Part 2." They were at peace, and the Replicators were attacking our galaxy with all their forces in "Reckoning." Therefore, Thor could have easily taken any other ship.

2. We don't actually know it's a "science vessel," that's just what we've come to call that class of ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X