This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPlease have more 'Absolute Power's' in SGU

I just finished watching SG-1s Absolute Power, after seeing it I have one thing to say.

WE NEED MORE OF THESE.

It wasn't a normal light-hearted funny episode, where something goes wrong, a few pepople die and the story ends. It was a dark cynical character story, where thousands of people died.

If the stargate crew are indeed trying to take the series in a new direction, this is where they should go.

Of course they should keep the light heartiness that has made Stargate it's own, there is a time and plpace for that always. However they need to make it more dark.

Does anyone agree with me?

P.S. Sorry about spelling. New keyboard.
    Last edited by Awesomex2; 16 October 2008, 03:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

Yes. It might be difficult to get a plot in Universe that is close to Absolute Power, but more episodes that are like it in terms of its issues would be good.

Comment

Yes Absolute Power was great and went to a dark place where SG-1 had not gone before. I think there are a few more dark places in SGA than before i.e. the experimentation w Michael et. al which deals with moral dilemmas. If SGU can have these types of things-great!!

Comment

Exactly.

Absolute Power, in both plot and tone, went where stargate had never gone before, and it hadn't gone back.

Talion had the opprotunity, but was kept to light-hearted.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomex2 View Post
          Exactly.

Absolute Power, in both plot and tone, went where stargate had never gone before, and it hadn't gone back.

Talion had the opprotunity, but was kept to light-hearted.
          Although Talion had the graphic fight at the end, which was a departure from the sanitised violence usually seen on Stargate (although the TV version I saw had most of the fight cut out - I only saw the full fight on DVD).

Comment

It wasn't a normal light-hearted funny episode, where something goes wrong, a few pepople die and the story ends. It was a dark cynical character story, where thousands of people died.

If the stargate crew are indeed trying to take the series in a new direction, this is where they should go.

Of course they should keep the light heartiness that has made Stargate it's own, there is a time and plpace for that always. However they need to make it more dark.

Does anyone agree with me?
            Well, the whole point of Absolute Power was to show Daniel that was the wrong way to go - that they shouldn't play on the darkside or they would be corrupted ("absolute power corrupts absolutely"). That's why Shifu took him there (no doubt messing him up for some time to come). Stargate is a show with a fairly strong moral code. You lose that, and it's not Stargate, it's BSG with a big spinny thing. Also, it was a dream - no one died in actual fact.

There were plenty of dark episodes: The Other Side, Abyss, Menace, Prototype, Meridian - just off the top of my head.

Comment

I am wondering if that was his start of loosing his normal 'naviety' or whether it took more than that to ween off the good vibes..

Comment

Working...
              X