PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Pages : [1] 2 3

Madwelshboy
October 16th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, who penned the screenplay for the first Iron Man movie, have suggested to MTV Movies that the first Avengers movie, due in 2011, could see the heroes assembled to battle the Hulk.

The very first issue of the comic book in September 1963 saw the trickster Loki manipulate the Hulk into a battle against other superheroes, ending with the Hulk briefly joining the team.

Fergus told MTV that he agreed with The Incredible Hulk director Louis Letterier that Bruce Banner's alter ego would be a good opponent for the film. "I personally like when good-guy characters have to fight each other,” he said. “Good guys going against good guys who both believe in an issue is way more interesting than a villain clearly into evil and I like when former friends become committed enemies.”

http://www.dwscifi.com/news/2603-avengers-movie-to-feature-battle-against-hulk

Angela V
October 16th, 2008, 05:31 PM
But that's what I got with one the two animated movies made recently. Bruce was trying to control himself when he was the Hulk and ends up bad. Avengers have to fight Hulk. Poor Hulk, so misunderstood. :)

the fifth man
October 16th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Hmm, I am definitely up for seeing this on the big screen.

Prometheus 1
October 16th, 2008, 06:34 PM
This should be interesting. I loved Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk and when I found out that they were only the beginning of a huge series of movies that interconnect, I got really excited. I can't wait to see all of them and how they do this. I was never much of a comic book hero fan, but Dark Knight and Iron Man and Incredible Hulk changed that.

the fifth man
October 16th, 2008, 06:37 PM
This should be interesting. I loved Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk and when I found out that they were only the beginning of a huge series of movies that interconnect, I got really excited. I can't wait to see all of them and how they do this. I was never much of a comic book hero fan, but Dark Knight and Iron Man and Incredible Hulk changed that.

Me, I have always been a fan of comic book heroes. So all of these movies released over the past few years have been like a dream come true for me.:)

eviladam
October 22nd, 2008, 04:43 PM
You and me both fifth. I was a little too young at the time to really appreciate the Superman movies with Christopher Reeve. I grew up watching those, so it was kind of no big deal.

But the first time I saw a trailer for X Men is probablly one of the most awesome moments of my comic book related life.

And the Hulk would make an awesome villain for the Avengers to go up against. I just really hope that when they get around to doing the movie Downey and Norton are in it.

MB.Eddie
October 22nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
"I personally like when good-guy characters have to fight each other,” he said. “Good guys going against good guys who both believe in an issue is way more interesting than a villain clearly into evil and I like when former friends become committed enemies.”

I agree with that. Pure good and Evil is so rare. This way makes the characters and their individual stories interesting...

Exiled Master
October 26th, 2008, 04:34 PM
What are your casting picks for the rest of the avengers?

Lady Snow
October 27th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Well, aren't they really trying to get the Ultimates franchise onscreen with these movies? I mean, what's the point of having (the BAMF) Samuel L. Jackson playing Nick Fury unless they were aiming directly at the Ultimates? Makes sense, and it'd be a great story - no matter which incarnation of the story they use. :)

As for the rest of the Avengers/Ultimates... I'm really hoping to not see a big-name actor as Thor. That's really my only requirement. :)

Madwelshboy
October 29th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Robert Downey Jr. will play Tony Stark in Marvel Comics' The Avengers.

According to Variety, the actor has agreed a deal with the studio to revive the role for the 2011 superhero project and Iron Man 3.

The Avengers will feature characters Captain America, Thor and The Hulk as well as Iron Man.

Don Cheadle, who recently confirmed that he is replacing Terrence Howard in Iron Man 2, is also onboard with the project.

Iron Man director Jon Favreau will serve as executive producer on the movie.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a134000/downey-jr-attached-to-avengers.html

the fifth man
October 29th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Wow, that is great news. Thanks for posting that.:)

Klenotka
November 5th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Let me squeee! :D I love Iron Man and I can´t wait to see Avengers - a big crossover - sounds great. But it´s bad that we have to wait that long :(

Daniel Jackson
November 5th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Two more movies and a crossover flick? Nice.

the fifth man
November 5th, 2008, 07:10 PM

Indeed it is.:D These next few years are going to be a great time for movies.

eviladam
November 5th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Yeap, Marvel is really stepping it up now that they have the rights to their own characters! I'm ecstatic that RDJ will at least be doing 3 more movies as Stark. But said to see Howard replaced. Cheadle is an amazing actor, but now I'm used to TH as Rhoady.

Klenotka
November 6th, 2008, 01:29 PM

Well, if we count Downey Jr. as Iron Man, I think there can be more than just three other movies. Two Iron Man movies and Avengers. But I guess Avengers will be pretty succesful (I am looking forward to it as a little girl :D), so there might be a sequel or two. So who knows? RDJ loves this character but true is that he would have to keep himself in shape for all those years. But I think he stays.
I saw Iron Man few times and I love that guy :D But, of course, I won´t be watching Avengers only bc of him.;)

Yeap, Marvel is really stepping it up now that they have the rights to their own characters! I'm ecstatic that RDJ will at least be doing 3 more movies as Stark. But said to see Howard replaced. Cheadle is an amazing actor, but now I'm used to TH as Rhoady.

I like Don Cheadle but I don´t think he is a military type. It will be weird but, what can we do? But I think I will get used to it after some time.

the fifth man
November 6th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah, unfortunate as it may be, we have to let Terrance Howard go. Don Cheadle is a good actor, I've liked a lot of his movies. He'll probably end up doing a fine job.

November 7th, 2008, 04:19 AM
once they start doing all these cros over movies, do you think theyll do and movies based on iconic crossover series in the marvel universe, secret wars, civil war, secret invasion etc.

gkyun
November 7th, 2008, 03:59 PM
This is great news indeed! That fact that Jon Favreau is also onboard makes it even better!!!

Let me squeee! :D I love Iron Man and I can´t wait to see Avengers - a big crossover - sounds great. But it´s bad that we have to wait that long :(

Well considering that between now and Avengers there'll be Captain America, Thor and Iron Man II, 2011 is actually quite soon.

Klenotka
November 8th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Most of it in 2010 thought :( I am curious who is gonna be Thor. I don´t know Captain America too much...cos...it´s "America" :D I didn´t find it that interesting for me. I think that after Iron Man, I am looking forward now to Iron Man 2. I liked the style, RDJ, of course, but it was in all those "dark, depressed heroes" comics-movies a very fresh air.:)

Madwelshboy
November 27th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Robert Downey Jr. has said that Marvel Comics crossover film The Avengers could run into problems if it is not done correctly.

The actor, who recently signed up to reprise the role of Iron Man (aka Tony Stark) in the 2011 movie, said it will be tough balancing all the story's superheroes.

"If we don't get it right, it's really going to suck," he told MTV.

"It has to be the crowning blow of Marvel's best and brightest, because it's the hardest thing to get right. It's tough to spin all the plates for one of these characters."

Downey Jr. also revealed that he is concerned that the realism of Iron Man may be lost in The Avengers.

"The danger you run with colliding all these worlds is that Jon [Favreau, Iron Man director] was very certain that Iron Man should be set in a very realistic way. Nothing that happened in Iron Man is really outside the realm of possibility," he said.

"Once you start talking about Valhalla and supersized super soldiers and jolly green giants, it warrants much further discussion."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a136802/downey-we-need-to-get-avengers-right.html

Wyrminarrd
November 27th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Thor is without a doubt the hardest guy to integrate into the Avengers movie. My guess is that they co the Ultimates way and just have everyone believe that Thor isn´t really a god and that it is all an act.

Hulk and Captain America should fit easily enough with Iron man, both are just the creations of science.

the fifth man
November 27th, 2008, 06:24 PM
If handled right, this movie could go down as one of the best superhero movies ever made. But I do agree with Robert that it may not be easy to pull off.

Madwelshboy
March 13th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Marvel pushes back 'Thor', 'Avengers'
Friday, March 13 2009, 06:10 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Marvel has delayed its superhero blockbusters Thor and The Avengers by a year, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Thor's new release date is June 17, 2011, moved from July 16, 2010, while The Avengers is now on course for a May 4, 2012 arrival having been originally planned for July 15, 2011.

Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel said that the change of dates are in order to space out the release of their solo superhero movies before uniting the characters for ensemble film The Avengers.

"[It] maximizes the visibility of our single-character-focused films, leading to the highly anticipated release of the multi-character The Avengers film in 2012," he explained.

Initial plans would have seen two Marvel movies out in 2010 (Iron Man 2 and Thor) and three the following year (The First Avenger: Captain America, Spider-Man 4 and The Avengers).

Captain America has also been shifted back two months to July 22, 2011, with Spider-Man 4 slotting into its old May 6 release date.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a149440/marvel-pushes-back-thor-avengers.html

the fifth man
March 15th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Well, being pushed back kind of sucks IMO.

kennythewraith
March 15th, 2009, 07:00 PM
but it does ensuer that the other movies come out before it does and may be for the best in my opinion..dont rush this movie

the fifth man
March 15th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Well, I do want this movie to be the best it can be.

Madwelshboy
March 26th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Jon Favreau May be Helming Avengers Too!

Dear Lord, let this be true! An insider source at AintItCool.com has given us the explanation why Marvel movie dates have been moved around, and the reasoning is that they want Favreau to direct The Avengers!

“‘Avengers’ is delayed a year because of financing issues but also because the plan is for Favreau to helm it. Everybody here loves the guy and he wants to do it, but it would have been impossible for him to do before the date change given his ‘Iron Man 2? commitments. Also partly the reason why he agreed to do the Stark sequel on such an accelerated schedule was so he could get given first dibs on this. It would still be a punishing schedule for him, so hes not firmly confirmed yet, but he is certainly the presumptive director at this point.”

http://comicbookmovie.com/avengers/news/?a=6602

the fifth man
March 27th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Well, I think that is definitely good news.

Replicator Todd
March 28th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Avengers Assemble! Can't wait, but I was hoping to have another Hulk movie...

the fifth man
March 28th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Avengers Assemble! Can't wait, but I was hoping to have another Hulk movie...

Maybe there will still be another Hulk movie at some point.

Madwelshboy
April 3rd, 2009, 12:33 AM
Robbins Rejected - Tim NOT in Iron Man 2

The rumor last December was about Tim Robbins playing Tony Stark's father in Iron Man 2. In this short video clip, Robbins tells CinemaBlend that the rumors are untrue. You just can't trust the Internets.

The story said Robbins would play Tony's daddy, and that he would play an important part setting up the Avengers and Captain America movies

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_man/iron_man_2/news/?a=6850

Madwelshboy
May 6th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Marvel Studios Chief Teases ‘Thor’ Casting Announcements, Updates ‘The Avengers’ Status!

In addition to his comments on “Thor,” Feige offered some new information about the forthcoming superhero team-up flick “The Avengers,” saying that “Incredible Hulk” screenwriter Zak Penn will write the screenplay.

“Zak Penn is already on board ‘The Avengers’ [as writer] and he’s spending a lot of his time looking into what we’re doing with ‘Iron Man,’ ‘Thor’ and ‘Captain America,’ seeing how we’re tying it all together,” said Feige. “And he’s beginning to outline the script now — he’ll be doing that over the summer.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=7335

Madwelshboy
June 3rd, 2009, 07:07 AM
Marvel Movie Logos & Titles Revealed

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/1040L.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comic_news/news/?a=7804

Madwelshboy
June 5th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Kevin Feige Lets Go Some Marvel Movie News

From the set of Iron Man 2, Marvel big wig Kevin Feige let go the news that The Incredible Hulk will be appearing in the Avengers movie. Kevin goes on to say:

"It will have been a number of years, four years since he was in a movie by that point, by 2012. So I'd like to see him in it. I'm not being coy. We're just starting the story. I was on the phone with Zak Penn this morning. He's coming in next week and he's going to work on the outline this summer, but because it's so intertwined with what we're doing before - I almost wanted to get done with production on Iron Man 2 (and) the scripts to Thor and Captain America well underway before we even started Avengers."

What's The Avengers going to be about? Kevin states:

"I think Avengers is going to have it's own vibe. It'll have a different tone than the other Marvel movies," Feige said adding that the storyline will have a global feel to it and the scope of the threat will be world-threatening. "'The Avengers' is about saving the world because there's no other reason for characters that powerful to band together. So I think the scope and the scale will feel like a much bigger thing

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=7850

the fifth man
June 5th, 2009, 07:02 PM
It will be so awesome having the Hulk in this movie.:)

Madwelshboy
June 8th, 2009, 06:52 AM
More Marvel Movie Info From Kevin Feige!

We know that Iron Man 2 is up next, then Thor, then Captain America, then The Avengers in the summer of 2012. Feige said that they're "ordered this way for a reason." And confirmed that Samuel Jackson and Scarlett Johansson as well as Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston are signed on for multiple movies or "multiple franchises," further extending that hint that Loki will be a villain who shows up quite often. Feige kept saying often that he'd love for audiences to have the same experience that comic book readers have - where characters make surprise appearances almost out of nowhere in issues they pick up.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=7876

Madwelshboy
June 24th, 2009, 11:28 AM
X-Men writer Zak Penn breaks his silence about adapting The Avengers

Screenwriter Zak Penn is already scratching his head about how to piece together and overlap stories from three, maybe four or more movies as he sits down to write The Avengers this summer, based on the Marvel Comics superheroes.

<snip>

But Penn is aware that Marvel movies coming up—with Iron Man, Thor and Captain America—will precede his Avengers film (slated for 2012), so he has to figure out how all the movies fit together. Now that Marvel is itself producing movies as a company, Penn said, "It is a world of difference; it is a lot easier to do things like that, and they encourage it."

Penn said he is meeting this coming week with the team writing the other movies so they can piece together storylines and overlap some of the film plots.

"They're doing Captain American and Thor first, and then Avengers is coming out," Penn said. "They want to see that they're all connected, not like the Fantastic Four can't come into the X-Men world, like I was told. I'm taking a meeting next week with the Thor and Captain America people, and we are all going to get together, and I will see what is going to happen. I'll see where they are leaving the characters; it's pretty complicated. ... There's a board that is tracking what is happening. [We'll see] how this movie overlaps in that movie. ... Marvel is autonomous now. It is night and day: Everyone has read every comic. They know how to make a cool movie."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/x-men-writer-zak-penn-bre.php

the fifth man
June 24th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Those writers all being on the same page with each other should really help the quality of all of these films, especially this one.

Madwelshboy
June 26th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Doug Finberg Updateds us on Marvel Projects

Earlier in the week, Avengers screenwriter Zak Penn told an audience at the L.A. Film Festival that he is running around between Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America production offices to make sure his script coordinates with the introduction of key superheroes, and, of course, his script has to be done before the other films are. Finberg was confident that all teams could unite for a solid Avengers film. "Having everybody on board and really being able to actually work as a team together and develop the Marvel cinematic universe is what's most important to us," Finberg said.

The long-term plan is to introduce Thor and Captain America, then combine them with Iron Man to form the Avengers. But that's still only accounts for three members of the famed superhero team, four if they throw in the Hulk. Could Penn introduce any new supporting superheroes in the Avengers film itself? That's not off the table, according to Finberg. "I think that really remains to be seen," he said.

After some contractual hiccups, Samuel L. Jackson signed on to continue playing Nick Fury, agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., in the Marvel universe films. Expect him to play a major role in the upcoming films, with the possibility of his own film down the road, Finberg said. "Well, we have a multi-picture deal with him, so obviously we're in business with him for a while to come and we really enjoy working with Sam," he said.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/will-the-avengers-movie-s.php

the fifth man
June 28th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Doug Finberg Updateds us on Marvel Projects

Earlier in the week, Avengers screenwriter Zak Penn told an audience at the L.A. Film Festival that he is running around between Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America production offices to make sure his script coordinates with the introduction of key superheroes, and, of course, his script has to be done before the other films are. Finberg was confident that all teams could unite for a solid Avengers film. "Having everybody on board and really being able to actually work as a team together and develop the Marvel cinematic universe is what's most important to us," Finberg said.

The long-term plan is to introduce Thor and Captain America, then combine them with Iron Man to form the Avengers. But that's still only accounts for three members of the famed superhero team, four if they throw in the Hulk. Could Penn introduce any new supporting superheroes in the Avengers film itself? That's not off the table, according to Finberg. "I think that really remains to be seen," he said.

After some contractual hiccups, Samuel L. Jackson signed on to continue playing Nick Fury, agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., in the Marvel universe films. Expect him to play a major role in the upcoming films, with the possibility of his own film down the road, Finberg said. "Well, we have a multi-picture deal with him, so obviously we're in business with him for a while to come and we really enjoy working with Sam," he said.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/will-the-avengers-movie-s.php

I really hope they do introduce more characters.

Madwelshboy
June 29th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I really hope they do introduce more characters.

You can't have the avengers without husband and wife Henry Pym (a.k.a. Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, The Wasp) & Janet van Dyne/Janet Pym (a.k.a The Wasp)

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/ant-man.jpg http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/440px-waspers.jpg

Though Pym was Ant-Man when the avengers started i'd rather the go the ultimate avenger route and have him as Giant-Man

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/440px-Giantmnult.jpg

Speaking of ultimate avengers, people should check out the animated movies; ultimate avengers and ultimate avengers 2.

the fifth man
June 30th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Speaking of ultimate avengers, people should check out the animated movies; ultimate avengers and ultimate avengers 2.

Yeah, I haven't seen those. I had wondered if they were any good.

July 1st, 2009, 03:02 AM

i've only seen the 1st one but i thought it was ok, but i had read "the ultimates" already so i had the disadvantages of knowing sort of how the story went, expecting it to be exactly like the ultimates when really it is a sort of comprimise between the ultimates and the avengers, and the fact it is aimed at a younger audience than the actual book.

GuHNDoi
July 1st, 2009, 03:10 AM

They are actually pretty good!

I like the scene in the first one
Hulk loses it, goes beserk, takes on the whole team, takes down Pym(lol), picks up Mjolnir. It was cool!

the fifth man
July 1st, 2009, 06:48 PM
They are actually pretty good!

I like the scene in the first one
Hulk loses it, goes beserk, takes on the whole team, takes down Pym(lol), picks up Mjolnir. It was cool!

I will have to check them out sometime.

Madwelshboy
July 26th, 2009, 12:06 AM
SDCC: Iron Man 2 cast looks ahead to Avengers

Iron Man 2 just wrapped filming, and thoughts of cast members are already turning to the upcoming production of The Avengers, which awaits the completion of Thor and Captain America.

continues:-
http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/sdcc-iron-man-2-cast-look.php

Madwelshboy
July 28th, 2009, 03:53 AM
"Iron Man 2" Will Not Lead Into "Avengers"

Director Jon Favreau weighed in at Comic-Con with his own details on the film. He stated that the sequel won't leave an open-ended cliffhanger for Marvel's 2012 "Avengers" movie.

"We're working towards 'Avengers,' but by the same token we want to resolve this film and make ['Iron Man 2'] play on its own," Favreau told MTV News. "It's not a serial. It's a self-contained film."

Since Marvel Studios began planted movie crossover appearances in "The Incredible Hulk" and the first "Iron Man," continuity buffs have had a great deal to speculate about given Marvel's ambitious calendar of releases, including "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger." Favreau stressed that while the movies would all be working off each other, his focus remains on making this film work on its own.

"It's not building towards a cliffhanger that's the next movie," he explained. "It's about wrapping up our story and making it a complete tale."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_man/iron_man_2/news/?a=8831

Madwelshboy
July 28th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Kevin Feige Talks Iron Man 2, Avengers, Nick Fury, Thor, And Captain America!!

Q: How is Zak Penn doing, bouncing between three films to work on The Avengers script?

Kevin: It's great. We're learning as we go. It's a new thing. Jon clearly is enthusiastic about it. Ken Branagh is enthusiastic about it. Joe Johnston is just getting into the mix now, on Captain America. The screenwriters have conference calls amongst themselves, in terms of what we're doing. Sometimes we'll change something. We're not going to lock ourselves into something. No, if it doesn't work for the movie we're making, we shuffle it. I call them and go, "Remember that thing I told you about? We're not doing it."

Q: Are you introducing ideas for The Avengers that you'll later use?

Kevin: Yeah, it's a big dialogue, back and forth. It's the bullpen. We're not re-inventing the wheel here. It's just on a much different scale.

Q: Will you introduce more supporting Avengers in that film?

Kevin: Probably a few, yeah.

Q: Is Scarlett's Black Widow going to be in it, or are you thinking of doing that as a solo?

Kevin: Maybe, yeah. She's signed up for all of those options, should we be lucky enough to have the audience want to see them.

Q: How much will Nick Fury be in these movies?

Kevin: That remains to be seen. I think you saw a good chunk of it in the Hall H footage. Sam has gone on the record as saying he hasn't busted into bad-ass action mode yet. At the end of the first one, for those people patient enough to wait through the end credits, they met this guy named Nick Fury, and Tony had no idea who he was. In this movie, he opens that door a little bit more, for Tony, and invites him to walk through it. Tony may or may not do that, in this movie, but Nick Fury is the conduit by which all the other characters will connect.

Q: How important was it to sign Sam for all the films?

Kevin: We wanted to do it for the continuity. Clearly, he had inspired the ultimate incarnation of Nick Fury, in the past 10 years, in the comics, so we were very happy when we got him involved in all the movies.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=8843

Madwelshboy
July 31st, 2009, 12:05 AM
Hulk's Edward Norton mum on Avengers

With The Avengers gearing up while three Marvel character films—Iron Man 2, Thor and The First Avenger: Captain America—are in the works, Marvel Studios president of production Kevin Feige didn't even know if the Incredible Hulk would be part of the ultimate team-up.

Edward Norton played Bruce Banner in the reboot, The Incredible Hulk,, and the actor gave a careful "no comment" when asked if he would reprise the role in The Avengers.

"I probably won't comment on that just because they keep a pretty tight rein on what they are letting out," Norton said in a group interview today in Pasadena, Calif., where he was promoting the documentary By the People: The Election of Barack Obama as part of the Television Critics Association summer press tour.

Deferring to Marvel suggests a cordial relationship with the studio. Rumors surrounded the release of The Incredible Hulk that Norton was not happy with the final cut. Already he seemed an unusual participant in a major superhero movie, and the scant press he did fueled rumors that he preferred an alternate cut of the film. Now he is suggesting that he's following company orders.

"I'll let them [address it]," Norton said.

For fans of Norton's film, the good news is that he did not say no to participation in The Avengers, nor he did he seem unhappy about the question. After all, if he'd had his fill, he would have just dismissed it and moved on. Respecting Marvel's secrecy might mean that he's hoping they give him a call. Of course, maybe they'll just use the CGI Hulk and not include pesky human Banner in The Avengers at all?

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/hulks-edward-norton-mum-o.php

Madwelshboy
August 7th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Could Tim Roth's Abomination return in a new movie?

Tim Roth, who played Emil Blonsky/The Abomination in last year's The Incredible Hulk, confirmed that Marvel has made overtures to him about reprising the role in future movies, possibly including the upcoming Avengers film.

"They have, but in a very different way," Roth said in a group interview at the Television Critics Association summer press tour Thursday in Pasadena, Calif., where he was promoting his Fox series Lie to Me. "I don't want to get into it, but they signed me up for three [films]."

Could that include two more Hulks, one Avengers and one Hulk or just two Avengers?

"It could be anything," Roth said in response.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/could-tim-roths-abominati.php

Shan Bruce Lee
August 7th, 2009, 06:59 PM

The first one's a little better than the second. I loved the first one.

Madwelshboy
August 10th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Director Eyes Avengers Four-Way

Incredible Hulk helmer Louis Leterrier has been discussing his future plans, with the Frenchman apparently keen to work with Marvel on a summer of Avengers movies.

"I'll tell you my dream," Leterrier told the L.A. Times. "To work with [Captain America director] Joe Johnston, [Thor director] Kenneth Branagh and [Iron Man director] Jon Favreau and make a triptych. We do four movies. We release them one a month for the summer. Or even every two or three weeks. And the whole summer would be Avengers summer.

"We do it the way they make television shows," he continued. "One story arc but told in installments by different directors. So all of the directors that touch part of the Avengers world would do a part; we could make the movies shorter, maybe less than an hour and a half, and we use the same sets and save Marvel money. I would love to sit around a table with all of them a kick around the story. That's my dream."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/101/1012400p1.html

August 11th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Director Eyes Avengers Four-Way

Incredible Hulk helmer Louis Leterrier has been discussing his future plans, with the Frenchman apparently keen to work with Marvel on a summer of Avengers movies.

"I'll tell you my dream," Leterrier told the L.A. Times. "To work with [Captain America director] Joe Johnston, [Thor director] Kenneth Branagh and [Iron Man director] Jon Favreau and make a triptych. We do four movies. We release them one a month for the summer. Or even every two or three weeks. And the whole summer would be Avengers summer.

"We do it the way they make television shows," he continued. "One story arc but told in installments by different directors. So all of the directors that touch part of the Avengers world would do a part; we could make the movies shorter, maybe less than an hour and a half, and we use the same sets and save Marvel money. I would love to sit around a table with all of them a kick around the story. That's my dream."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/101/1012400p1.html

that would be unimaginably awesome! it would make so much money too. because most people would watch all or at least a couple of the movies.

Madwelshboy
August 11th, 2009, 01:53 AM
that would be unimaginably awesome! it would make so much money too. because most people would watch all or at least a couple of the movies.

:indeed: It would be something that's never been done before (least i cant recall anything similar) Even just 2 movies would be released with a month or two in the same summer would make a killing!

August 11th, 2009, 02:05 AM
:indeed: It would be something that's never been done before (least i cant recall anything similar) Even just 2 movies would be released with a month or two in the same summer would make a killing!

i suppose the closest there has been before was the matrix sequals being released i think it was march(?) and november of the same year (2003?).

Madwelshboy
August 11th, 2009, 02:09 AM
i suppose the closest there has been before was the matrix sequals being released i think it was march(?) and november of the same year (2003?).

True, there have been a few film franchises have released two films back to back. But 4 would be some kinda of record!! Not that i have high hopes for Marvel actually taking his suggestion on bored.

Madwelshboy
August 19th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Scarlett Johansson wants to star in an ‘Iron Man’ spin-off.

The Hollywood beauty – who portrays Natasha Romanoff and her alter-ego, sexy Russian spy Black Widow, in the upcoming ‘Iron Man 2’ – is desperate to don her skintight, black cat-suit and reprise her role for another Marvel comic book adaptation.

She said: “She has many different incarnations and different storylines so I'm hoping she will be able to continue in that way. I'm hoping that if the fans like the character and support the character, we'll see her again."

As well as a movie based on the Black Widow, Scarlett has hinted the character will return to screens in the hotly-anticipated ‘Avengers’ movie.

The 24-year-old star added: “I hope I get to come back and do it again. The character certainly comes back. We see that she does in the comics and certainly she is a big part of The Avengers. I don't know if that is where it's going to go but she is definitely a big part of The Avengers.”

'The Avengers' will see Iron Man - played by Robert Downey Jr. - the Incredible Hulk - portrayed by Edward Norton - Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury and Thor - who will be brought to life by Chris Hemsworth - join forces for an all-action blockbuster.

'Iron Man 2' director Jon Favreau is expected to helm the project, which is tentatively scheduled for release in 2012.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/OnlyZodKnowsWhy/news/?a=9356

Madwelshboy
August 22nd, 2009, 01:40 AM
Kevin Feige Spills Loads of Info on Marvel Movies!

On The Hulk:

Will the Hulk factor into “The Avengers” film at all?

I think so. In the comics, he has.

Would “The Incredible Hulk” star Edward Norton return for the Avengers movie?

I don’t know? We should ask him.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=9453

Madwelshboy
August 28th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Matthew Vaughn Wants To Direct The Avengers!!

The director of Kick-Ass, Matthew Vaughn is talking it up today telling MTV News:

"I'd love to do 'The Avengers,' And Superman... I think it would be great to reinvent Superman."

Matthew let us in on the other superhero he missed out on:

"I was desperate to do 'Iron Man' about 8 years ago, and everyone was like, 'Iron Man, no one will go watch that,'" he said. "Cut to now, and it's a huge hit."

"I grew up watching superhero films, so I want to make superhero films," he added.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=9632

Madwelshboy
August 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Jon Favreau Worried Avengers will Bomb

The 'Iron Man' director says the movie's release is "inevitable" but he is unsure whether the 2012 film - about the group of Marvel comic book superheroes - will be a success or let-down.

He said: "I think that's fun. I think it's inevitable, and 'The Avengers' might be the thing that helps rescue us from the inevitable sequel slump that you get into because you're throwing everything on its ear.

"It might be a failed experiment or it might be something wonderful, but it allows you to add complexity in an organic way where you're culminating with something bigger, as opposed to trying to play out and not repeat the same story over and over again."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=9585

Madwelshboy
September 2nd, 2009, 05:06 AM
Cowboys and Aliens May Delay Avengers and Iron Man 3!

This from Collider...

Yesterday we learn that Disney bought Marvel Studios and today we’re learning that Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Favreau will delay “The Avengers” and a potential “Iron Man 3? to do Alex Kurtzman Roberto Orci, and Damon Lindelof’s adaptation of Fred Van Lente and Andrew Foley’s graphic novel, “Cowboys & Aliens”.

According to The Hollywood Reporter’s Heat Vision Blog Downey and Favreau are reteaming but they’re making “Cowboys & Aliens” their next project. That completely botches a 2012 Avengers, because that year is now for “Cowboys & Aliens”. And since Downey is officially signed on for “The Avengers”, it means we’re seeing that in 2014 at the earliest. And if “Iron Man 3? comes into the picture (and I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t) then we’re talking a project slate that hurts my brain to even think about it.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/cowboys_and_aliens/news/?a=9715

the fifth man
September 2nd, 2009, 08:13 PM
I really hope Avengers doesn't get pushed back two years like that.

Madwelshboy
September 9th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Lou Ferrigno Says Hulk is in the Avengers Movie!

I stumbled across a "Nuke the Fridge" interview that may (or may not) confirm that the Hulk will in fact appear in the Avengers.

It's a video interview with Lou Ferrigno aka the TV Hulk! He says he is involved with Avengers so cameo or Hulk voice? you decide but to me this seems like a confirmation of Hulk in Avengers.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/frogmanthefan/news/?a=9900

the fifth man
September 9th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Lou Ferrigno Says Hulk is in the Avengers Movie!

I stumbled across a "Nuke the Fridge" interview that may (or may not) confirm that the Hulk will in fact appear in the Avengers.

It's a video interview with Lou Ferrigno aka the TV Hulk! He says he is involved with Avengers so cameo or Hulk voice? you decide but to me this seems like a confirmation of Hulk in Avengers.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/frogmanthefan/news/?a=9900

I really hope that is true. And I hope they get Edward Norton for this movie.

Madwelshboy
September 21st, 2009, 09:12 AM
Marvel Movies of the Future!

The Avengers
Release Date: May 4, 2012
Development Status: Eagle-eyed fans will already know that the current Marvel Studios films are quietly paving the way for a full-scale Avengers adventure. Nick Fury is gathering together a small group of heroes. Tony Stark appears to have Captain America's shield on his workbench. Cap himself can be glimpsed frozen in ice in Incredible Hulk.

In 2012, after Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Cap have all been established in their respective film franchises, the heroes will be brought together in The Avengers. Iron Man director Jon Favreau is slated to direct the movie, which is currently in an early stage of pre-production. The script is said to draw inspiration from Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch's comic The Ultimates, which could even finger Hulk as one of the film's primary villains.

Iron Man 2 stars Robert Downey Jr. and Don Cheadle have already signed on to reprise their roles as Tony Stark and Jim Rhodes, respectively. In turn, the recently-cast Chris Hemsworth will return as Thor. Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury will also take on a much more prominent role.

It's expected that the actor cast as Captain America will return in The Avengers. What is less certain is Edward Norton's involvement. With such a heavy slate of A-List actors, the filmmakers may wish to recast certain parts in order to save money. We've even heard reports that Hulk will not revert to Bruce Banner in the film. Whether this is actually true remains to be seen. Norton's most recent comments on the subject have been noncommittal.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=10199

Madwelshboy
September 24th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Norton: 'I want Hulk to be Avengers villain'

Edward Norton has admitted that he would like to see his Incredible Hulk role cast as the villain in The Avengers.

The actor, who portrayed the titular character in the 2008 movie, previously declined to comment on reprising his part for the proposed superhero team-up project.

However, the 40-year-old has now revealed that he wants to be involved in the Marvel Comics film adaptation.

He told MTV: "He kind of was, not in the books, but in the comics there was always a tension between the rest of the superhero community and he was always this problem.

"They treat him as this problem. I don't know, I think that's a fun way to go with it."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a179002/norton-i-want-hulk-to-be-avengers-villain.html

Madwelshboy
October 9th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Video: Brian Michale Bendis Updates Thor and Avengers Movies

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=10755

Madwelshboy
October 15th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Favreau 'won't direct Avengers movie'

Iron Man director Jon Favreau has said that he will not be directing Marvel Comics ensemble movie The Avengers.

Speaking to MTV, the actor and director suggested that he will be too busy to helm the superhero epic, which will unite comic characters Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Nick Fury.

"They'll have to [find a different director], because I'm not going to be available," he said. "It's something I'm being the executive producer on, so I'll definitely have input and a say.

"It's going to be hard, because I was so involved in creating the world of Iron Man and Iron Man is very much a tech-based hero, and then with Avengers you're going to be introducing some supernatural aspects because of Thor.

"How you mix the two of those works very well in the comic books, but it's going to take a lot of thoughtfulness to make that all work and not blow the reality that we've created."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a182110/favreau-wont-direct-avengers-movie.html

Madwelshboy
October 23rd, 2009, 01:33 AM
Brian Bendis gives his take on the build up to 'The Avengers'

"Having read the 'Captain America' movie script and the 'Thor' movie scripts and 'Iron Man 2' and everything, and seeing them all develop, nothing is more exciting to me than the 'Avengers' movie," Bendis told MTV News. "It's absolutely going to be something better than— different than—anything we've seen before."

"I think the challenge is absolutely there. It's an immense amount of work, but the payoff will be gigantic."

The 'New Avengers' writer also went on to say that he was confident a movie of this scale will work.

"My advice is, has been, and will be, that much like the comics, you look at movies like the 'Oceans' movies that have all these different flavors, you put the flavors together and you cook 'em," Bendis said. "It absolutely can be done."

"Look at 'The Great Escape' or other movies that have all these big elements to them, and even elements that don't seem that they would fit can rub up against each other in a very excellent way," he explained. "They really can create something you wouldn't even imagine you had before."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=11197

Madwelshboy
November 26th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Jeremy Renner in Talks to Play Hawkeye

In this month's Empire, the actor said that he is in talks to play Clint Barton in Thor and The Avengers!

Best known for his role in 'The Hurt Locker' the actor has revealed that he's had talks with Marvel about filling the tights of the skilled archer Hawkeye with a possible cameo in 'Thor' leading to a full blown role in 'The Avengers'!

"Hawkeye could be interesting. They're going to send me some stuff on it, see what it is." But I think they're pretty awesome, trying to make superhero movies almost plausible and not just some fantasy thing."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=12217

Thor and Avengers News Leaked?

Exclusivly from AICN, possible SPOILERS inside!

* Loki is one of, if not the key [“Avengers”] bad guy.

* The [“Avengers”] film opens with 20 minutes of Loki basically entrapping/brainwashing Banner, and in so doing gaining control of the Hulk for his own nefarious deeds. This spurs the Avengers into existence.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=12201

Replicator Todd
November 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
*explodes* I will be very happy if Hulk is the movie.

the fifth man
November 26th, 2009, 06:36 PM
*explodes* I will be very happy if Hulk is the movie.

Same here. And hopefully, played by Edward Norton.

Replicator Todd
November 27th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Same here. And hopefully, played by Edward Norton.

Indeed! He is a great Bruce Banner!

the fifth man
November 28th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Indeed! He is a great Bruce Banner!

I certainly think he did a great job. My wife really liked him in the role too.

Madwelshboy
December 16th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Scarlett Johansson Interview

In an interview with The Daily Record, ScarJo gives some insight into her favorite parts of playing Black Widow and her hopes for reprising the role.

The biggest question that fans have is whether we will see more of the Russian super spy if future Marvel projects; particularly The Avengers:

"I hope it will happen. I don't know if that's where it's going go but she's definitely a big part of the Avengers," she said. "I think that Marvel is very much invested in these characters just as much as the fans are, just as much as I am. You want the fans to like the character, you want them to believe in the character, root for them, and want to see them again."

"So I'm hoping that if the fans support the character, that we'll see her again."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=12838

Madwelshboy
January 14th, 2010, 01:37 AM
'Hulk' director wants shot at 'Avengers'

The Incredible Hulk director Louis Leterrier has said that he'd love to helm the forthcoming Avengers film for Marvel Studios.

Speaking to MTV, Leterrier revealed that he wants to work with producer and Iron Man director John Favreau for the planned superhero project.

"I hope they don't find a director before I'm available, because I'd love to take a crack at [Avengers]," he said.

He added: "Jon Favreau would've been the best director to do this thing, but now that he's producing, I'd love to be able to work with him and continue what I started with Hulk and what he started with Iron Man and we do it together and continue that universe."

Marvel has yet to choose a director for the Avengers movie.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a195073/hulk-director-wants-shot-at-avengers.html

Replicator Todd
January 14th, 2010, 09:18 AM
I think Louis should have a go, he seems great with heavy action.

Madwelshboy
January 31st, 2010, 02:06 AM
Robert Downey Jr. on The Avengers and Iron Man 2!

Downey told SFX Magazine that 2012's The Avengers will be Marvel Studios main event after four years of build up that started with Iron Man in 2008, and if they're going to do it then it had better be done right.

"It's the pinnacle, but only if it's done in the smartest and best and most creatively sound way possible," he said. "And I'm not saying we can't get there. I'm just saying it would be better to get there and not stay on schedule than to get everyone what they were hoping for in terms of a release date but not do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean my way," he laughed.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=14415

Madwelshboy
February 20th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Hurt: 'No Ross in upcoming Marvel films'

William Hurt has revealed that he will not be reprising his role as General Ross in any of the current Marvel films.

In an interview with MTV, the actor said that he has not been contacted by the studio with regard to portraying the character in Iron Man 2 or Thor. Ross previously appeared in 2008's The Incredible Hulk.

However, Hurt went on to say that he would be interested in appearing as the military leader again in the future. "If they call me I'll answer," he said. It is thought that the character could feature in 2012's Avengers.

Earlier this month, Iron Man 2 helmer Jon Favreau confirmed that the superhero sequel will take place before the events of Incredible Hulk, which could explain the absence of Hurt's character.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a204239/hurt-no-ross-in-upcoming-marvel-films.html

Replicator Todd
February 20th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Hurt: 'No Ross in upcoming Marvel films'

William Hurt has revealed that he will not be reprising his role as General Ross in any of the current Marvel films.

In an interview with MTV, the actor said that he has not been contacted by the studio with regard to portraying the character in Iron Man 2 or Thor. Ross previously appeared in 2008's The Incredible Hulk.

However, Hurt went on to say that he would be interested in appearing as the military leader again in the future. "If they call me I'll answer," he said. It is thought that the character could feature in 2012's Avengers.

Earlier this month, Iron Man 2 helmer Jon Favreau confirmed that the superhero sequel will take place before the events of Incredible Hulk, which could explain the absence of Hurt's character.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a204239/hurt-no-ross-in-upcoming-marvel-films.html

Well if the Hulk does appear in The Avengers then Ross should IMO.

SaberBlade
February 20th, 2010, 10:11 AM
I'd like Hurt to appear if Hulk is going to be the villain, but I don't think he'd be needed if Hulk joins up with the Avengers. I know Hulk being a good guy or bad was discussed but no idea if they've decided on it yet.

Madwelshboy
February 21st, 2010, 01:08 PM
Mark Millar On Captain America and The Avengers!

Den Of Geek recently sat down to talk to Mark Millar about Kick-Ass and during the interview asked him to share his thoughts on how he feels about the upcoming Captain America and Avengers movies being based off his and Bryan Hitch's iconic run on The Ultimates.

And speaking of your other books, this isn't about Kick-Ass, but I need to ask: were you intentionally writing Ultimates as an Avengers movie pitch? And now that they're making that movie, how would you feel if that's how it was used?

Well, they've already admitted they're doing it that way. Joe Johnston has said publically, the Captain America movie is going to be the first issue of Ultimates, plus the origin story, and then the Avengers movie will be material from Ultimates #2-#13, and maybe Ultimates Volume 2. I'm not speaking out of school, they've publically said this. And I'm flattered by it.

continues:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=15101

Is War Machine in Avengers?

IGN Movies spoke with War Machine and Blade today -- well, actually Don Cheadle and Wesley Snipes -- about their new movie Brooklyn's Finest, and while we had their ears we just had to talk superheroes.

Specifically, the topic of The Avengers came up. Cheadle, of course, plays Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes, a.k.a. War Machine, in the upcoming Iron Man 2, and reports have indicated that he will reprise the role in the eventual Avengers team-up film. In fact, Marvel even said in its press release announcing the actor's casting in Iron Man 2 that he is also signed on for Avengers. Cheadle isn't so sure what that means, however...

We asked him directly if he'll be in the Marvel bonanza. "I don't know," responded the actor. "We'll see." He then added, "There isn't even a script yet."

So it would seem that all that talk about secondary characters like Black Widow and War Machine and Loki appearing in The Avengers may be just a bit premature, regardless of whether or not they're contractually attached.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1070832p1.html

Replicator Todd
February 21st, 2010, 03:47 PM
War Machine would be cool, but I miss Blade. :(

SaberBlade
February 21st, 2010, 03:54 PM
It had never occurred to me that with all the Marvel movies being done and things like Avengers including Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, Thor, that Blade was being neglected. I'm not sure Snipes would be interested as apparently he wasn't too happy at Hannibal and Abigail Whistler getting more attention that Blade in Trinity, but I'm sure Mr. Taxman would be enough motivation for him to consider it.

nx01a
February 22nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
That evil Mr. Taxman. :D

Madwelshboy
March 4th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Avengers Screenplay Done

When we spoke to War Machine actor Don Cheadle a couple of weeks back, he told us that he didn't know if he was going to be in The Avengers movie or not -- and that in fact it didn't even have a script yet.

Well, that was then and this is now.

Marvel Comics editor-in-chief Joe Quesada has tweeted about the matter, confirming that screenwriter Zak Penn has just turned in his first draft for the film. Specifically, here's what he has to say: "Definition of 'goose bumps.' Pressing enter and watching a screenplay entitled "AVENGERS" come out of my printer."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1073848p1.html

Madwelshboy
March 21st, 2010, 12:24 PM
Louis Leterrier On The Short List To Helm The Avengers

During an interview with Ain't It Cool News Louis Leterrier restated his desire to direct The Avengers for Marvel.

"I am on the shortlist, but I'm at the bottom of the shortlist, I'm sure. (Laughs) I don't know who the other guys are, but I have a great relationship with [Marvel], and I've been very vocal to them and everyone else that I am the one to direct it. I loved my time at Marvel. I loved those guys. They're fantastic. Kevin is such a passionate boss; he gets his hands dirty. It's a universe I want to keep exploring. I was frustrated with [THE INCREDIBLE HULK]. It was like, "That's it? Only one superhero? Can I do more???" We'll see. Time will tell."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GulfCoastAvengers/news/?a=16097

huntress
March 21st, 2010, 12:38 PM
When I just read "New Avengers Movie" all I could think was of Emma Peel and John Steed. I wouldn't mind if they would make a GOOD new film with those two but mack to MARVEL'S Avengers. I couldn't care less for Captain America. For me he was simply the Marvel answer to DCs boyscout aka Superman. Boooring. Thor might be more interesting but I am also looking more forward to the second Iron Man film and yes it might have something to do with RDJ ;-)

Madwelshboy
March 23rd, 2010, 01:08 AM
Exclusive: Leterrier Talks Avengers

IGN Movies sat down with director Louis Leterrier over the weekend at the press day for his new film, Clash of the Titans, during which time we asked him about the buzz that he's a contender to direct The Avengers. Leterrier is no stranger to Marvel movies, having previously directed The Incredible Hulk for them in 2008. Here's what he had to say:

continues:
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1078988p1.html

Replicator Todd
March 23rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
I honestly want Louis to direct Avengers, after doing Hulk and Clash I think he can do something as big as The Avengers.

SaberBlade
March 23rd, 2010, 03:37 PM
After doing Hulk, I wouldn't want him to do it. It's like I have said before, Incredible Hulk just seemed like a dumbed down, actioned up version of Hulk (although to be fair, the Hulk ending was like WTF? with me) but I've seen some trailers for Clash of the Titans, it looks interesting and something I may end up seeing so I'm going to hold off judgement on him doing Avengers until I do catch Titans.

Replicator Todd
March 23rd, 2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah if Clash of the Titans is good then I will fully support him to direct, I really hope it isn't a CGI action fest. I though The Incredible Hulk was an excellent comic book adaptation, maybe my favorite. But as a movie it did have some flaws I suppose.

nx01a
March 23rd, 2010, 07:07 PM
I, for one, hope it IS a CGI action-fest. Some comic book movies have the seriousness of The Dark Knight and it works well in a grim and gritty fashion. Others demand a high level of action; and some that demand said action and lack it to make room for 'characterization' end up like Superman Returns.
My concern is that, with all these big name actors in it demanding their time to shine, there won't be much room for the necessary action that follows having Thor and Iron Man et al in the same movie. Remember Halle Berry complaining about her 'lack' of screen time in the X-Movies?
This movie will have to be impressive in juggling the ego of each and every big name actor involved as well as keeping the action spectacular and, hopefully, frequent. I don't think it's impossible, but we'll see.

Major_Griff
March 23rd, 2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah they are definitely going to have to find a delicate balance between all of the characters and the action/plot. This movie definitely has potential to be absolutely incredible, but it also has the potential of being a complete disaster. Let's hope for the former.

SaberBlade
March 24th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I, for one, hope it IS a CGI action-fest. Some comic book movies have the seriousness of The Dark Knight and it works well in a grim and gritty fashion. Others demand a high level of action; and some that demand said action and lack it to make room for 'characterization' end up like Superman Returns.
My concern is that, with all these big name actors in it demanding their time to shine, there won't be much room for the necessary action that follows having Thor and Iron Man et al in the same movie. Remember Halle Berry complaining about her 'lack' of screen time in the X-Movies?
This movie will have to be impressive in juggling the ego of each and every big name actor involved as well as keeping the action spectacular and, hopefully, frequent. I don't think it's impossible, but we'll see.

I'd have no sympathy for Halle if she had complain Hugh Jackman was getting too much screen time. She wasn't the only one underused. I think that if you added up all of the time Cyclops was on screen in X1, you'd get about the same amount of time of his role in X3.

I just hope they get any other oscar winners in these movies, not worth the complaining.

Madwelshboy
March 29th, 2010, 04:10 AM
VIDEO: Edward Norton and Tim Blake Nelson on Avengers ...and More!

Questions asked regarding the Avengers during a sit down with actor Edward Norton, along with director and co-star Tim Blake Nelson, for their new film LEAVES OF GRASS

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BritishAvengers/news/?a=16352

Madwelshboy
April 1st, 2010, 01:24 AM
IESB Exclusive: Leading Contender in Line to Direct THE AVENGERS... !!!NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE!!!

THE AVENGERS will be the culmination of everything Marvel Entertainment has been working towards, bringing together their biggest and brightest superheroes on the big screen including Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hulk.

Director Louis Leterrier has thrown his hat into the ring as wanting to bring Earth's mightiest heroes together under one tentpole but we are hearing it will not be his cross to bear. Leterrier mentioned a short list of directors recently that Marvel was looking at, he didn't know who else was on the list but IESB has found out one other member.

The same sources that spilled the beans to IESB about Spider-Man 4 being put on an indefinite hold back in December, have revealed that another leading contender on that short list to direct THE AVENGERS film is none other than Joss Whedon.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8898:iesb-exclusive-leading-contender-in-line-to-direct-the-avengers-not-an-april-fools-joke&catid=43:exclusive-features&Itemid=73

They may say that this aint a april fools, but we'll see!

Major_Griff
April 1st, 2010, 09:20 AM
The would be cool. Serenity was great so, I think he could pull off the Avengers if this turns out legit.

Replicator Todd
April 1st, 2010, 12:58 PM
I would like Joss Whedon, but I'm going to wait and see if it is a joke or not.

SaberBlade
April 1st, 2010, 04:14 PM
IESB Exclusive: Leading Contender in Line to Direct THE AVENGERS... !!!NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE!!!

THE AVENGERS will be the culmination of everything Marvel Entertainment has been working towards, bringing together their biggest and brightest superheroes on the big screen including Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hulk.

Director Louis Leterrier has thrown his hat into the ring as wanting to bring Earth's mightiest heroes together under one tentpole but we are hearing it will not be his cross to bear. Leterrier mentioned a short list of directors recently that Marvel was looking at, he didn't know who else was on the list but IESB has found out one other member.

The same sources that spilled the beans to IESB about Spider-Man 4 being put on an indefinite hold back in December, have revealed that another leading contender on that short list to direct THE AVENGERS film is none other than Joss Whedon.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8898:iesb-exclusive-leading-contender-in-line-to-direct-the-avengers-not-an-april-fools-joke&catid=43:exclusive-features&Itemid=73

They may say that this aint a april fools, but we'll see!

I think it's an unofficial April Fools Day rule that you can't say "not an april fools" when you are talking out your arse. So with that in mind, it could be true however I try to believe any news that comes out on April 1st.

Madwelshboy
April 3rd, 2010, 01:47 AM
Marvel Confirms Joss Whedon on Avengers Director Short List

On April's Fools Day, IESB reported that occasional actor, and creator and head writer of the television programs Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, and Astonishing X-Men in Marvel Comics, Joss Whedon, is on the list of guys to direct Marvel's hero clash, The Avengers. LA Times, wondering if it were true, got word from Marvel insider that it was true.

"After some checking, insiders at Marvel Studios say no director has been signed yet but that Whedon was on the short-list and conversations took place. This could be promising, Whedonites."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=16595

LoneStar1836
April 4th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind Whedon directing it. I enjoy his directing style, but I seriously doubt he gets the job.

SaberBlade
April 4th, 2010, 05:53 PM
It's possible he could do it. He's got a history with comic books (other than "oh, I was a big fan growing up") and was lined up to do Wonder Woman before he gave up on the project because of differences with the Studio.

Madwelshboy
April 13th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Joss Whedon To Direct Marvel's The Avengers

It was reported and confirmed by Marvel, that actor & writer of Astonishing X-Men in Marvel Comics, Joss Whedon was on a list of guys to direct Marvel ultimate clash, Avengers. Well now, Deadline reports that Joss may be in final negotiations to helm the film.

From Deadline:
I'm told Marvel Studios is in final negotiations for Buffy the Vampire Slayer series architect Joss Whedon to direct Marvel Studios' The Avengers. That's the fast-tracked film that would amount to an all-star team of Marvel superheros, including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), as well as SHIELD leader Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson).

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=17000

nx01a
April 13th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Fanboys... rejoice?

SaberBlade
April 14th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't say it's a reason for fanboys to rejoice but it is a reason for comic book fans to rejoice.

I like the idea of the director of a movie being a fan of the source material, but I like the idea of a director being involved with the source material even more. While he hasn't worked on any of The Avengers comics that I know of, he does have a history of comic book work. Not just his own creations like Firefly, Serenity, Buffy and Angel, but X-Men too. I think that gives him an edge because he's got experience in all aspects of what's going on.

Madwelshboy
April 14th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Whedon also rewriting 'Avengers' script

Joss Whedon is apparently rewriting the script for Marvel's Avengers movie.

It was reported yesterday that the Dollhouse creator is in final talks to direct the picture. Variety now claims that he is also penning a new draft of Zak Penn's screenplay.

Penn has written a number of Marvel movies, including X-Men: The Last Stand, Fantastic Four and The Incredible Hulk

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a214348/whedon-also-rewriting-avengers-script.html

Major_Griff
April 15th, 2010, 05:25 AM
I'm glad Whedon is doing it. I'm not a fan of Buffy or Dollhouse, but I love Firefly/Serenity and I think based off Serenity (the only feature film he's directed if I'm not mistaken) he could do a good job with this. And if it does turn out good and it's a big hit it might help him get the financing to make a Serenity sequel!

Madwelshboy
April 20th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Sam Jackson Confirms Avengers Start-Date

Just a few minutes ago, IESB's own Christina Radish took part of a roundtable interview with Samuel L. Jackson.

Q: Did you get to read The Avengers script for Joss Whedon is going to rewrite it?
Sam: No.

Q: Do you have any desire to campaign for your own Nick Fury film?
Sam: The Avengers is my own starring vehicle for that character, pretty much.

Q: But, that’s so far away.
Sam: That's not that far away. It's just February. I've got time to get in shape and everything.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9106:sam-jackson-not-appearing-in-thor-confirms-avengers-start-date&catid=41:news&Itemid=71

Madwelshboy
May 3rd, 2010, 12:02 AM
Scarlett Johansson On The Avengers and Black Widow!

In an interview with Alive: Sydney that focused mainly on her personal life and diet, Scarlett Johansson also answered a few more questions about starring in a Black Widow solo movie as well as The Avengers and commented once again on wearing the costume!

Are you looking forward to doing The Avengers movie?
I am not officially part of Avengers, the character is in Avengers, but there’s no Avengers script, that I know of. They’re working on something, and Marvel is really behind Black Widow being a part of it. I’m looking forward to finding out what that means exactly. I’ve just finished a four month run on Broadway so I’m taking a little time right now to kind of plan the next move.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=17737

Madwelshboy
May 14th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Nathan Fillion almost locked in as Hank Pym?

Here's what the "Insider" had to say:

"Nathan Fillion is pretty much locked to be Henry Pym, and should be announced before any other new additions to the cast (think around Comic Con)"

So not only will we get an official statement about Pym, but the rest of the Avengers in just two months!!!
If this "Insider" can be trusted of course. None of his information can be disproved as of yet, so I'll leave it up to you on whether or not he is a reliable source.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poolzone/news/?a=18130

SaberBlade
May 15th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Nathan Fillion almost locked in as Hank Pym?

Here's what the "Insider" had to say:

"Nathan Fillion is pretty much locked to be Henry Pym, and should be announced before any other new additions to the cast (think around Comic Con)"

So not only will we get an official statement about Pym, but the rest of the Avengers in just two months!!!
If this "Insider" can be trusted of course. None of his information can be disproved as of yet, so I'll leave it up to you on whether or not he is a reliable source.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poolzone/news/?a=18130

Wow, it only took a month to announce one of Whedon's regulars would be starring in it.

Madwelshboy
May 23rd, 2010, 11:00 AM
The Skrulls to be the Villains in the Avengers Movie?

There’s a rumor floating around at Slashfilm that Skrulls might be the bad guys in the AVENGERS movie. The threat they pose is what will eventually bring Earth’s Mightiest Heroes together, not machinations by Loki. What’s funny is that I figured this was the route they were going to go with, anyway. See, I’m sure the AVENGERS movie is going to be taking more than a few cues from the first volume of ULTIMATES. And you’ll recall that the (pun intended) ultimate bad guys in that were the Chituari (they’re also the villains in that ULTIMATE AVENGERS 2 animated movie.) They're a conspiracy of malignant extra-dimensional aliens who can change their shape at will - - doesn’t that sound a bit like the Skrulls?

What’s interesting about the rumor is that it asserts that the Kree will be involved, adding a little more weight to that other rumor that Kevin Pennington will be actually playing Noh-Varr

continues:
http://www.comicvine.com/news/the-skrulls-to-be-the-villains-in-the-avengers-movie/141205/

Madwelshboy
June 1st, 2010, 08:50 AM
The Avengers Movie Rumor Roundup

Though Marvel Studios is still half a year away from starting production on their highly anticipated ensemble film, the rumor stream surrounding has been continuous. Follow the jump to read them all...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18670

SaberBlade
June 1st, 2010, 09:04 AM
As not to stretch the layout:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/11535L.jpg

I can't help but stare at Chris Evans' ears.

Madwelshboy
June 3rd, 2010, 11:40 PM
Jeremy Renner to join 'Avengers' cast?

Jeremy Renner is reportedly close to finalising a deal to join the cast of The Avengers.

The actor will play Hawkeye, a villain-turned-hero who quickly becomes an integral member of the team, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, and Don Cheadle have already been confirmed for the project.

Industry insiders have said that Marvel is asking actors to take pay cuts in order to assure that the film goes ahead without budget issues.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a223432/jeremy-renner-to-join-avengers-cast.html

SaberBlade
June 6th, 2010, 03:19 PM
They finalised the deal, Renner is now an Avenger. Yahoo News posted confirmation earlier.

the fifth man
June 6th, 2010, 06:34 PM
I so can't wait for this movie. This could really be epic.

Madwelshboy
June 23rd, 2010, 08:52 AM
Rumor: Hank And Janet Of The Avengers Have Been Cast!

A well trusted source close to Marvel Studios is saying that Nathan Fillion (Serenity) will be playing Dr. Henry “Hank” Pym. The actor is in final negotiations for a multi film deal that would start with The Avengers in 2012. Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives) will play Janet Van Dyne as has long been speculated ever since leaving Marvel with a stack of Avengers resource material (that’s comic books to you and me) in 2008. This would actually make her the second person cast for the movie, only behind that of Robert Downey Jr.

At this point, they may only be playing S.H.I.E.L.D. scientists. No word on whether any of their super powers will be seen in the first Avengers or not. Their relationship has not been clearly defined either: simply co-workers and/or husband and wife are all still on the table. Official announcements, along with other Avengers casting news, will be done at Comic-Con in San Diego next month.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDogPound/news/?a=19339

Madwelshboy
July 9th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Marvel Studios Replacing Edward Norton For The Avengers?

Marvel Studios' master plan to link their heroes from independent films, will eventually lead to their most anticipated film of all, "The Avengers." And while the main Avengers Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America), and Chris Hemsworth (Thor) are all confirmed, Edward Norton's return as Bruce Banner, The Incredible Hulk, has been a mystery... until today.

According to Drew McWeeny, of HitFix, "Marvel Sources" the studio has decided they are going to cast an unknown to play Bruce Banner in "The Avengers."

Ever since Marvel and Norton's fallout over The Incredible Hulk situation, it was questioned whether Ed would return for a potential sequel and "Avengers." The studio's president Kevin Feige has been skeptical saying "it all depends on scheduling," when asked on the subject of Norton's return. Mcweeny says that Norton may have dropped out himself, but that would be a surprise considering Edward's stating in numerous interviews that he would be glad to play Bruce Banner again.

continues:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=19904

SaberBlade
July 10th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I think Hulk is doomed, just doesn't seem worth doing the character any more if they are unable to keep an actor for the role. I liked Norton in the role and was looking forward to him doing Incredible Hulk 2 and/or The Avengers.

Replicator Todd
July 10th, 2010, 01:02 AM
I'm serious, I will not see this film if they replace Edward Norton with anybody. The Incredible Hulk is the best comic book film I have seen since Spider-Man 2 IMO. I will complain to the end of time if this happens.

Shan Bruce Lee
July 10th, 2010, 03:03 PM
The Hulk franchise is cursed. I'm not even sure if I want to see him in the Avengers movie anyway.

I haven't heard anything about Wasp and Ant-Man/Giant-Man. Are they even gonna use them?

the fifth man
July 10th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I think Hulk is doomed, just doesn't seem worth doing the character any more if they are unable to keep an actor for the role. I liked Norton in the role and was looking forward to him doing Incredible Hulk 2 and/or The Avengers.

I feel the same way. IMO, he did a great job in the role. It is a real shame to read this news.

Madwelshboy
July 10th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Marvel Confirms Edward Norton Won't Be Returning As The Hulk

Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige forwarded the following email to HitFix:

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDogPound/news/?a=19925

SaberBlade
July 11th, 2010, 01:32 AM
So what? Norton isn't a team player or just too much of a screentime whore? They should have been able to look past that for the sake of the fans, but once again Hulk gets screwed over. I'm hoping that Hulk gets little screentime (which is probably what they want to do since the CG involved won't be cheap).

magictrick
July 11th, 2010, 08:54 AM
So what? Norton isn't a team player or just too much of a screentime whore? They should have been able to look past that for the sake of the fans, but once again Hulk gets screwed over. I'm hoping that Hulk gets little screentime (which is probably what they want to do since the CG involved won't be cheap).

Actually its been proven numerous times in the past that Ed doesn't care about the fans at all. I'm thinking he's not the greatest team player either. He's great as an actor though, but from the sounds of it, his ego was clashing with the producers of the movie.

SaberBlade
July 11th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I'm not too worried about Ed caring about the fans, as I've heard stories too, but Marvel. I'd like to think they'd have tried to put up with Diva Norton than just recast him, but then again I could be unfairly blaming Marvel as we don't know if how much they tried to secure a deal with him. I'd have thought Norton could have at least played nice as it would have helped him loads when it came to a Hulk sequel.

Replicator Todd
July 11th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Actually its been proven numerous times in the past that Ed doesn't care about the fans at all. I'm thinking he's not the greatest team player either. He's great as an actor though, but from the sounds of it, his ego was clashing with the producers of the movie.

Edward Norton was excited about playing the role again, and Joss Whedon wanted Ed Norton to comce back. Marvel screwed him over. I don't believe it when people say he didn't care the fans. But it is likely he wanted a say in the story and didn't get it.....I think there was definitely something going on.

DigiFluid
July 11th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I just read about this over at Fark and thought I'd come post it here....but it seems I've been beaten to it!

I think this news frelling sucks. Edward Norton's Hulk movie was actually pretty awesome, and I'd love to have seen him in the Avengers film. Something about this cries "budget!" to me.

Madwelshboy
July 12th, 2010, 08:25 AM
RUMOR: Joaquin Phoenix Offered 'Hulk' Role in The Avengers

Marvel has confirmed that The Incredible Hulk star, Edward Norton will not be Hulking-out in the highly anticipated Avengers movie, due to the Oscar nominee being difficult to work with. Though Norton's agent disagrees, Marvel will proceed to finding an actor to feel the Goliath's shoes.

Now Devin Faraci from CHUD is reporting that...."Reliable sources tell me that Marvel has already put out an offer, and the actor they've spoken to is Joaquin Phoenix, believe it or not. Phoenix is taking time to mull over the offer and the bigger implications - Marvel may yet resurrect the Hulk franchise - but Marvel hopes to have him in place by Comic Con, which is when they want to announce their new Bruce Banner."

CHUD goes on to say that..."I'm hearing that whoever plays Banner will be the lowest man on The Avengers pay totem pole. And if Phoenix doesn't take the part, Marvel will quickly go to someone else."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=19959

TheRandomOne
July 12th, 2010, 08:34 AM
If the new guy replacing Ed shows up at Comic Con with the cast at the panel I hope he gets booed at whenever his name is said

Replicator Todd
July 12th, 2010, 01:16 PM
If the new guy replacing Ed shows up at Comic Con with the cast at the panel I hope he gets booed at whenever his name is said

Well it would be pretty low to boo the new guy....its Kevin Feige who should be booed.

TheRandomOne
July 12th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Well it would be pretty low to boo the new guy....its Kevin Feige who should be booed.

Boo them both

SaberBlade
July 12th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Robert Pattinson cast as new Bruce Banner! Ok not really, but if people are going to boo the new guy, they should get a guy who's already not liked by most non 14 year old girls.

Madwelshboy
July 14th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Is Mark Ruffalo the New Hulk?

Well, that was quick. Only a couple days ago, Marvel officially confirmed that Edward Norton wouldn’t be returning to play the Hulk in THE AVENGERS movie, saying that they were already in negotiations with a name actor to replace him. Joaquin Phoenix’s rolled up out of the rumor mill, but now, Deadline’s saying that Mark Ruffalo’s in final negotiations to play Bruce Banner.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/is-mark-ruffalo-the-new-hulk/141648/

magictrick
July 14th, 2010, 02:56 PM

Why? That's pretty immature considering that whoever it is didn't have any part in Ed getting removed from the movie.

Mark Ruffalo is amazingly awesome. I would jump to see the movie if he signs on.

the fifth man
July 14th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Hopefully he will do well in the role.

Shan Bruce Lee
July 14th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I'm indifferent about who plays Banner. What they need is a decent story and a lot of action. Just more of what was in the last one, really.

Replicator Todd
July 14th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I will still see this film if Joss Whedon is directing, but I will greatly miss Edward Norton. :(

Klenotka
July 20th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I have to admit I haven´t seen Eric Bana as Hulk but I saw Edward Norton and he was good. I didn´t expect him to be but he suprised me. He isn´t the type of an actor who would go into a comic-book movie even with a popularity that this genre is getting these days. I respected that he wanted to make the character but maybe he argued too much? We will never know but I am disappointed he is out of Avengers.

But I wouldn´t "boo" at anybody who will come to replace him. I am actually very curious. I found this poll at comicbookmovie.com did and it is interesting but I doubt people in Marvel really care.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=20096

AnubisJr
July 21st, 2010, 01:16 AM
Why did Edward Norton leave? I really like him as an actor and loved him as bruce banner

Klenotka
July 21st, 2010, 08:32 AM
He had some conflicts with Marvel studio, I think. He is one of the "troublemakers". I don´t mind when an actor speaks his mind but maybe he did or said something that was too much? guess we will never know for sure but it is a shame.

AnubisJr
July 21st, 2010, 11:13 AM
well that sucks I think he did a great job as the hulk, I mean he fit Bruce Banner so well

the fifth man
July 21st, 2010, 06:14 PM
well that sucks I think he did a great job as the hulk, I mean he fit Bruce Banner so well

Yeah, he really did fit the role well. Not much we can do at this point though. We just have to accept it, and hope whoever replaces him does a good job.

Madwelshboy
July 22nd, 2010, 11:04 PM
Joss Whedon Confirms That He Is Directing The Avengers

When asked about the film, Whedon said..

"It’s not an official thing, I think because Marvel couldn’t afford a press release, Can I make that an official thing? I am directing THE AVENGERS!"

Whedon also says:

"I started to work on an internet piece with Warren Ellis called Wastelanders, but then Avengers came up and he said 'I'll just wait then." it's a little early, I am still writing an outline and reworking it. What interested me is these people (Avengers) shouldn't be in the same room as one another & that to me is the definition of family"

"i honestly watch (JJ's) Star Trek and its the gold standard for a team movie/summer action and it makes me throw up w/fear about Avengers"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=20414

Dr Lee
July 23rd, 2010, 04:36 PM
I'm hearing from people i know who are attending SDCC that Wheadon has just confirmed Fillion will play Ant Man....:jack_new_anime07::hammondanime01:

TheRandomOne
July 23rd, 2010, 06:26 PM
I'm hearing from people i know who are attending SDCC that Wheadon has just confirmed Fillion will play Ant Man....:jack_new_anime07::hammondanime01:

You did not get the full quote

"Nathan Fillion is Ant-Man," he said, adding, "unfortunately Ant-Man isn’t really in the movie"

Madwelshboy
July 23rd, 2010, 10:30 PM
Joss Whedon Talks The Avengers & Confirms Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye!

Confirming himself yesterday as the director of Marvel's ultimate hero-clash The Avengers, Joss Whedon talks briefly with On The Red Carper at the San Diego Comic-Con about assembling such an "extraordinary" cast...including confirmation of Hurt Locker Academy Nominee Jeremy Renner.

"I'm writing and directing it," at the pop culture convention. "There will be some avenging that takes place during the film and that's about all I can tell you. I think it's well-known that Jeremy Renner is joining us as Hawkeye, which is so exciting for me and the rest of the cast."

"I do think that I am putting together and extraordinary powerhouse cast and I'm just so excited to be in their presence and I hope they don't kill each other, because that'd be weird," Whedon said.

"Make it matter. Give your movie stars a reason to show up the same way you need to give the Avengers a reason to team up. Make it worth it."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=20497

SDCC: Nathan Fillion is NOT Ant-Man in The Avengers

There seems to be some confusion that Joss Whedon announced Nathan Fillion will be Ant-Man in The Avengers at a Comic-Con panel today. While we couldn't attend, Marvel has confirmed to us that he was joking.

"Nathan Fillion is Ant-Man," he said, adding, "unfortunately Ant-Man isn't really in the movie."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/104611-sdcc-nathan-fillion-is-not-ant-man-in-the-avengers

Dr Lee
July 24th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Darn.....

Madwelshboy
July 24th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Ruffalo confirmed for 'Avengers'

It is being reported that Mark Ruffalo has been signed to play Bruce Banner, the Hulk, in Marvel's forthcoming Avengers film.

According to Comic Book Resources, Marvel Studios have reached a last minute deal with the actor and are intending to fly him to the San Diego Comic-Con ready for the reveal of the Avengers full cast.

Ruffalo recently received critical acclaim for his role in The Kids Are All Right, and is best known for his roles in Zodiac and Shutter Island.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a249508/ruffalo-confirmed-for-avengers.html

SaberBlade
July 24th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Darn.....

Actually this is a good thing, because chances are he'll play someone better. It's disappointing that he won't play a founding Avenger, but just opens the door for him to play a villain or another Marvel hero.

Dr Lee
July 24th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Isn't the Avenger panel at SDCC tonight? Hopefully it will clarify a lot of the confusion over both Fillion and Hulk

Klenotka
July 24th, 2010, 05:02 AM
So Mark Ruffalo is official? I can´t really imagine him as Bruce Banner. I know he will be mostly in his "green" version but for a possible Hulk movie, I don´t know. But he can be a pleasant surprise. We won ´t know for sure until the movie is out.

Dr Lee
July 24th, 2010, 06:51 PM
They've just had the freaking cast on stage at Comic Con

RDJ
Scarlett
Hemsworth
Evans
SLJ

Renner IS hawkeye

Mark Ruffalo IS Banner/Hulk

AND THERE WAS A FREAKING TRAILER WITH A SLJ VOICE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Geeks out*

TheRandomOne
July 24th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Pic of the cast

http://www.newsarama.com/multimedia/img_display.php?pic=QVZFTkdFUlMtQVNTRU1CTEVELU1vdmllLUNhc3QuanBnfFVQREFURTogQVZF TkdFUlMgQVNTRU1CTEUhIFNEQ0MgMjAxMDogVEhPUiAmIENBUHx8ZmlsbQ

Dr Lee
July 24th, 2010, 07:43 PM
The Cast being revealed.... BE WARNED IT'S LOUD!!!!! (http://www.twitvid.com/BPEWZ)

Replicator Todd
July 24th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Looking Godlike, but I will miss Edward Norton greatly....

Madwelshboy
July 25th, 2010, 12:29 AM
SDCC 10: Feige on Ruffalo's Hulk

Marvel Studios honcho Kevin Feige didn't directly address the brouhaha over Edward Norton not reprising his role as the Hulk for The Avengers, but rather spoke about what his replacement, Mark Ruffalo, will bring to the role of Bruce Banner.

continues:
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/110/1108390p1.html

SDCC 10: The Avengers Assemble

We love it when this team comes together.

continues:
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/110/1108380p1.html

Avengers Website Is Up!

Nothing too interesting... The title says it all, but you can see the Avengers logo and get registered for updates.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/14306L.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/punyparker89/news/?a=20551

SaberBlade
July 25th, 2010, 03:58 AM
I like the logo. I think it's better than the Green Lantern logo (which to me, is ruined by the text).

the fifth man
July 25th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Looking Godlike, but I will miss Edward Norton greatly....

You are not alone there.

DigiFluid
July 25th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Mark Ruffalo? :S

the fifth man
July 25th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Mark Ruffalo? :S

I will give him a shot. I liked him in Shutter Island, so, we will see.

DigiFluid
July 25th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Yeah but...does anything about Mark Ruffalo say 'nuclear scientific genius' to anyone? That's almost as bad as Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist in that one Bond movie.

Replicator Todd
July 25th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Yeah but...does anything about Mark Ruffalo say 'nuclear scientific genius' to anyone? That's almost as bad as Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist in that one Bond movie.

:lol: Excellent point!

jelgate
July 25th, 2010, 09:08 PM

So we're following sterotype to identify people's profession?

gkyun
July 26th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Hmm not sure I like the Avengers logo. At first glance I thought it was a Fantastic 4 logo. They should change the styling of the "A" imo....

Replicator Todd
July 26th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Hmm not sure I like the Avengers logo. At first glance I thought it was a Fantastic 4 logo. They should change the styling of the "A" imo....

Well the logo is very similar if not the same as the logo form the comics....

gkyun
July 26th, 2010, 12:54 PM
That doesn't mean it's a good design, staying true to the comics notwithstanding. Though I admit I haven't read the comics (I only read The Ultimates), it's a bit too cartoonish to represent a secret governmental entity.

DigiFluid
July 26th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I'm not sure "appears to be slightly dumber than a bag of rocks" qualifies as a stereotype.

SaberBlade
July 26th, 2010, 01:16 PM

Well in his defence, Denise Richards was more suited for screwing Bond in that movie than disarming nukes. As for Mark Ruffalo, so long as he's clean shaven I don't think there is an issue. There is something a bit.. rapey, about him with a beard on the google results for his name.

jelgate
July 26th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I'm not sure "appears to be slightly dumber than a bag of rocks" qualifies as a stereotype.

You know the old saying. Appearences can be deciving. I don't even know who the actor is but saying they appear to be smart enough to have this profession seem wrong. Last I checked thier was nothing linking appearences to inteligence:P

Madwelshboy
July 28th, 2010, 02:10 AM
EXCLUSIVE: The Avengers to Usher in The Marvel Cosmic Universe

Marvel Studios is going cosmic, and in a big way. After the magnificent showcase which was the Marvel Hall H Comic Con panel, I managed to have some face time with one of my contacts at the studio. Apparently, introducing elements such as the Infinity Gauntlet and Sword (and the Cosmic Cube) are only the beginning. If all goes according to the current plan, The Avengers will feature minor (MINOR) appearances by key cosmic beings from the Marvel Universe. The Easter Eggs won't just be pleasing to fans, but an easy way to pique interest from general audiences.

The characters being considered for inclusion are: Captain Marvel (an amalgam of Mar-Vell and Noh-Varr), Adam Worlock, Black Bolt and Nova. Several of these roles are already being written into the current film treatment, and actors are already being pursued to portray them.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=20758

Madwelshboy
August 5th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Teaser Trailer: THE AVENGERS

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/teaser-trailer-the-avengers.php

Dr Lee
August 5th, 2010, 10:38 AM
that is awesome.... SLJ has a perfect voice for that....

SaberBlade
August 5th, 2010, 12:14 PM
And with a reach of their claw, Marvel claim copyright and get Youtube to remove it. *******s. Can't get the chance to enjoy anything these days.

Replicator Todd
August 5th, 2010, 01:16 PM
And with a reach of their claw, Marvel claim copyright and get Youtube to remove it. *******s. Can't get the chance to enjoy anything these days.

Indeed....:( I really tried to find a video of it...

nx01a
August 5th, 2010, 02:24 PM
EXCLUSIVE: The Avengers to Usher in The Marvel Cosmic Universe
The characters being considered for inclusion are: Captain Marvel (an amalgam of Mar-Vell and Noh-Varr), Adam Worlock, Black Bolt and Nova. Several of these roles are already being written into the current film treatment, and actors are already being pursued to portray them.Oh, for Marvel's cosmic adventures to make it onto the big screen! The CGI cost would be massive, but it would be fun! We never see enough of people flying through space without ships around them!:D Captain Marvel and Nova and, of course, the Silver Surfer and their friends would be great!

Madwelshboy
August 6th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Unhappy With Iron Man 2, Jon Favreau Wanted To Direct The Avengers; Marvel Said No?

According to reliable sources of CinemaBlend, Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau initially wanted to direct The Avengers, but Marvel Studios said no over the typical matter; Money

continues:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=21139

gkyun
August 6th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Well true or not these kinds of things happen all the time. It's just Hollywood politics. Personally I think at least the part about Marvel interfering with Iron Man 2's production in order to pave way for the Avengers is most likely true.

Madwelshboy
August 6th, 2010, 09:35 AM

Indeed....:( I really tried to find a video of it...

You can still watch it here:
http://www.comicvine.com/avengers-logo-reveal-teaser-trailer/112-1099/

Replicator Todd
August 6th, 2010, 11:09 AM
You can still watch it here:
http://www.comicvine.com/avengers-logo-reveal-teaser-trailer/112-1099/

Nice!

mr_kennedy
August 7th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Looks good, i like The Avengers :) hopefully the movie will be good too

Madwelshboy
August 10th, 2010, 10:18 AM
The Avengers Movie Gets A Release Date

According to a report by SuperheroHype, Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios are planning to begin shooting The Avengers movie February, 2011 for a May 4, 2012 release. Paramount and Marvel plan to release Thor in May, 2011, Captain America in July and begin shooting on their Avengers film in February of that same year.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/the-avengers-movie-gets-a-release-date/141829/

Madwelshboy
August 17th, 2010, 12:13 PM
The Avengers Movie to Shoot in 3D

While THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA are going to be converted to 3D for their releases, THE AVENGERS is actually going to be shot in 3D, according to First Showing. That’s a key difference to stress. Most of the backlash against 3D, as I see it, has been against movies that were shot in 2D and then converted to 3D - - THE LAST AIRBENDER, CLASH OF THE TITANS, ALICE IN WONDERLAND, et al. As far as I know, the only movie to follow AVATAR’s lead by actually shooting with stereoscopic cameras is STEP-UP 3. You’ll notice the marketing for that movie’s been keen to emphasize “shot in 3D” - - I suppose this is going to become the modern equivalent of “shot on location.”

http://www.comicvine.com/news/the-avengers-movie-to-shoot-in-3d/141890/

Madwelshboy
August 23rd, 2010, 09:10 AM
More Than One Female Character in The Avengers

The cast of the Avengers film was the big announcement at San Diego Comic Con last month. Many characters fans have grown up with and love will be in the film: Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Thor, War Machine, and Black Widow. However, Joss Whedon says that aside from Black Widow, there will be another female character in the film.

ComicBookMovie recently reported that Black Widow won't be the only female character in the upcoming 2012 Avengers film, at least according to director Joss Whedon: "It is true that the movie is only going to have one female avenger.. But she will not be the only female character" This opens the door pretty wide to speculation. Could we see Gwyneth Paltrow reprise her role as Pepper Potts? Will someone step in to play Bruce Banner's love interest, Betty Ross? Or will the fans see a female of the villain variety?

continues:
http://www.comicvine.com/news/more-than-one-female-character-in-the-avengers/141935/

gkyun
August 23rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Isn't Wasp also part of the Avangers line-up? That's one female character right there.

Madwelshboy
September 18th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Joss Whedon Talks Avengers at The Melbourne Writers Festival!

Joss Whedon gives us some more information on the script and Marvel concerning 2012's The Avengers at this years Melbourne Writers Festival.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GulfCoastAvengers/news/?a=22748

Jeremy Renner Hints Once Again Hawkeye Will Use a Bow in The Avengers!

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Renner once again alludes to the fact that he will indeed be sporting his legendary bow.

Are you ready for your role as Hawkeye in “The Avengers”?
It was in my consciousness for sure, and I know what I want to do to prepare, but right now I’m preparing for “Mission Impossible IV.” Cause that came into my life very quickly. Actually I’m going to do stunt training right after this.

What do you know about your character Hawkeye? Have you seen a costume sketch?
I’m blind to all that sort of thing. I know very little about the story. I know a little about the character and how I want to approach it. It’s a very physical character. I’ll be doing archery and training physically as much as I can. Then once I get a script I can dig into the heart of who this guy is.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GulfCoastAvengers/news/?a=22769

Madwelshboy
September 25th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Ruffalo to play both Banner and Hulk

Joss Whedon's upcoming Avengers film will use performance capture to allow Mark Ruffalo to portray both the character of Bruce Banner and his alter ego, The Incredible Hulk.

Bleeding Cool reports that the film will use a technique similar to that used by James Cameron to create the alien Na'vi race in Avatar.

Both Hulk in 2003 and The Incredible Hulk in 2008 used pure CGI to create the character.

"I'm really excited, no one's ever played the Hulk exactly - they've always done CGI," Ruffalo said. "They're going to do the Avatar stop-action, stop-motion capture."

Ruffalo also hinted that his take on the character will draw more from the original TV series The Incredible Hulk, which starred Bill Bixby, rather than the more recent films.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a278712/ruffalo-to-play-both-banner-and-hulk.html

nx01a
September 25th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Good news, both the the special effects and acting front.

SaberBlade
September 25th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Oh wow, a third Hulk canon for the movies. /sarcasm.

They should just forget about Hulk, or get Lou Ferrigno in green paint to do it.

the fifth man
September 26th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Oh wow, a third Hulk canon for the movies. /sarcasm.

They should just forget about Hulk, or get Lou Ferrigno in green paint to do it.

It is a shame IMO.

nx01a
September 26th, 2010, 11:15 PM
They should just forget about Hulk, or get Lou Ferrigno in green paint to do it....That might actually be kinda retro cool.

One thing I'll say about the Hulk in Hollywood: they're determined to keep trying until they get it right! If at first [and second] you don't succeed etc.

Madwelshboy
November 6th, 2010, 01:03 PM
'The Avengers' budget 'may be limited'

Reports have indicated that Marvel Studios are looking to cut costs on The Avengers.

Despite the film's impressive casting roster, which includes the likes of Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans and Samuel L. Jackson, the studio is apparently looking to keep the film's budget as restrained as possible.

According to Bleeding Cool, Marvel is demanding that the film is completed "on the relative cheap", and are looking for the cost to be similar, relatively speaking, to how much Sony paid for Spider-Man back in 2002.

The report also claims that pre-production has been significantly delayed, following a number of staffing changes at the company.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a286420/the-avengers-budget-may-be-limited.html

Dr Lee
November 6th, 2010, 01:06 PM
heard that was debunked as crud....

Though i would not be surprised if Marvel was trying to save cash as the cost of the cast alone must be CRAZY!

SaberBlade
November 6th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Well they should be able to save a lot of money anyway, since a lot of costumes, props and potentially even the sets for the most part could all be recycled. They'll definitely want to film it in 3D because it will cause them to earn a lot more money, should it be an issue.

the fifth man
November 8th, 2010, 06:18 PM
To limit the budget for Avengers would be stupid. I don't want them to be too cheap.

Replicator Todd
November 8th, 2010, 06:33 PM
It is a shame IMO.

I'm going to miss Edward Norton. :(

Artha O'neill
December 24th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Alan Tudyk To Play Ant-Man?
An anonymous scooper has given me word that Alan Tudyk of Firefly is locked in to play the role of Ant-Man in a solo film and a cameo in The Avengers, as well as some interesting stuff about heroes The Wasp and Wonder Man...

source (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/bleedthefreak/news/?a=26922)

Dr Lee
December 24th, 2010, 07:47 AM
So a Firefly dude is going to play Ant Man after all.... just not the one everyone wanted...

After seeing Tudyk in Dollhouse.... it could be interesting to see him as Ant Man

Sp!der
December 28th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Alan Tudyk should be in more movies, I just saw a trailer for a horror comedy were he is in. looks funny as hell..hope hell be successful...

Dr Lee
December 28th, 2010, 07:30 AM
is that the one where he and another guy are mistaken for the cliche'd horror killers by a group of kids?

He's also got a role in the upcoming Transformers movie... not sure how big a role it is...

Madwelshboy
February 6th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Has Nick Fury found a female sidekick for The Avengers?

There has been word recently that Samuel L. Jackson's S.H.I.E.L.D. leader Nick Fury will be joined by a female sidekick for The Avengers.

Now Deadline are reporting that Cobie Smulders, best known for TV show How I Met Your Mother, is the front runner to play S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill in Joss Whedon's superhero epic.

She could be locked in before the weekend is out, after besting competition that included Firefly's Morena Baccarin, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Jessica Lucas.

As the ruthless agent, Smulders could see herself committed to several Marvel movies if she takes the role.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/has-nick-fury-found-a-female-sidekick-for-the-avengers

Byakuya Truelight
March 11th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Turns out that Cobie Smulders did indeed get the part. Also, despite the fact that the character description obviously indicates that the character is Maria Hill, it has not officially been confirmed that that's who it is... we all know it is though.

Also of note, with trailers for all of these movies out there, a lot of people on YouTube have created fan trailers for The Avengers. Including me! :)

The Avengers - Fan Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWSWMzntIKc)

Byakuya Truelight
March 12th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Also, I'd kinda like to see ALL of the love interest characters come back. Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, Liv Tyler as Betty Ross, and Natalie Portman as Jane Foster. I suppose it would be rather hard for them all to play a significant role in the plot, but still, the more they bring back from the previous films, the better, I say!

Also, I hope Marvel gives The Avengers a decent budget. You don't build up to a movie with 4 other movies for 4 years and create that kind of hype and anticipation then expect it to be cheaply made... It's bad enough that one of the 4 main characters had to have an actor swap, let's not see anything else bad happen.

After all, has anyone considered that the continuation of the Marvel Cinematic Universe AFTER 2012 might actually partially hinge on the financial success of The Avengers? We all know what happens when not enough people watch something... T_T

Dr Lee
March 13th, 2011, 05:19 AM
it's already been said that Pepper is not appearing in Avengers

Byakuya Truelight
March 13th, 2011, 12:01 PM
it's already been said that Pepper is not appearing in Avengers

Then that makes me sad.

Byakuya Truelight
March 25th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Surprised that no one's mentioned the fact that The Avengers has officially begun filming now. Yay. :]

Replicator Todd
March 26th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Surprised that no one's mentioned the fact that The Avengers has officially begun filming now. Yay. :]

Woah! It has?!

Byakuya Truelight
April 4th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Woah! It has?!

Yup. It started filming in Albuquerque, New York, and Cleveland in late March.

Also, the role that Cobie Smulders is playing has now been officially confirmed to be Maria Hill. While everyone has assumed it was Maria Hill based on the character description, no one had actually officially confirmed it until just now.

the fifth man
April 4th, 2011, 06:16 PM
I can't wait for the day we get to see a trailer for this movie. That will be so great.

Madwelshboy
April 26th, 2011, 08:50 AM
First Official Pic From The Set Of The Avengers and Press Release

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=35941

Byakuya Truelight
April 28th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Paul Bettany confirmed that he will be reprising his voice role as JARVIS in The Avengers.

Replicator Todd
April 28th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I think I am mostly excited about Hulk. Can't wait to see how Hulk is portrayed. :D

nx01a
April 28th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I think I am mostly excited about Hulk. Can't wait to see how Hulk is portrayed. :DThe Hulk can only be portrayed one way:ANGRY!!!!:P

Replicator Todd
April 28th, 2011, 03:55 PM
The Hulk can only be portrayed one way:ANGRY!!!!:P

Yes. But I don't want to have mute Hulk onscreen forever.

nx01a
April 28th, 2011, 05:35 PM
He's not mute.
"Hulk SMASH!" and "Puny humans!" are lots of dialogue. :P

the fifth man
April 28th, 2011, 05:42 PM
He's not mute.
"Hulk SMASH!" and "Puny humans!" are lots of dialogue. :P

For the Hulk, that is plenty. You don't want him talking too much.

Replicator Todd
April 28th, 2011, 07:39 PM
For the Hulk, that is plenty. You don't want him talking too much.

But the Hulk does talk, and is intelligent. I just think the movies sometimes make him "dumber" than he really is. But either way I love the Hulk.

I just love how the Hulk is portrayed in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The current Avengers cartoon.

nx01a
April 28th, 2011, 08:50 PM
The Hulk is the opposite of puny Banner: dumb and strong. Hearing him talk in horrible English would only grate my nerves, much like Bizarro.

Replicator Todd
April 28th, 2011, 08:55 PM
The Hulk is the opposite of puny Banner: dumb and strong. Hearing him talk in horrible English would only grate my nerves, much like Bizarro.

But the Hulk has been portrayed before as having some of Banner's intelligence. I don't necessarily mean talk talk but...well nevermind its not that big of a deal. :p I just want Hulk to be my favorite part of the movie and see something new at the same time.

nx01a
April 28th, 2011, 09:07 PM
In the comics currently, I believe Banner is in control when he transforms into the Hulk. The intelligence level of the green giant has varied over the decades, though. As I see it, though, when you're angry and fighting, forming sentences is the last thing on your mind. ;)

Replicator Todd
April 28th, 2011, 09:45 PM
In the comics currently, I believe Banner is in control when he transforms into the Hulk. The intelligence level of the green giant has varied over the decades, though. As I see it, though, when you're angry and fighting, forming sentences is the last thing on your mind. ;)

True that. :D I'm excited to see Hulk in action!

Sp!der
May 7th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Which comics should I read to be prepared for the The Avengers Movie? The New Avengers, The Ultimates Avengers, I am quite confused which Avengers will be used? I know they are still different than the comics, but still they based somewhat on them..

Dr Lee
May 7th, 2011, 02:20 AM
AFAIK, i think that the Ultimates is what Weldon is using as a basis for the movie.... but i'd read as much as you can really....

Heard from a reliable source that the current plan is to have an Avengers teaser with Captain America when Cap is released

nx01a
May 7th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Which comics should I read to be prepared for the The Avengers Movie? The New Avengers, The Ultimates Avengers, I am quite confused which Avengers will be used? I know they are still different than the comics, but still they based somewhat on them..The Ultimates. (http://www.amazon.com/Ultimates-Vol-1-Mark-Millar/dp/0785110828)

Shan Bruce Lee
May 10th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Definitely not the New Avengers. I haven't been able to check the book out in a while, but when I did it was all about Spider-Man, Power-Man, Wolverine, Spider-Woman and Iron Fist. Basically everybody I don't expect to be in the movie.

nx01a
May 10th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Yeah. Marvel's cash cows and Bendis' favourite characters get the spotlight.

Shan Bruce Lee
May 10th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah. Marvel's cash cows and Bendis' favourite characters get the spotlight.

Is Bendis still writing New Avengers?

nx01a
May 12th, 2011, 04:02 PM
As far as I know, AND The Avengers. Thank the Celestials that Secret Avengers is such a good read. :)

LtColCarter
June 12th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Looking forward to this movie! :)

the fifth man
June 12th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Looking forward to this movie! :)

I really hope it lives up to the hype.

Dr Lee
June 13th, 2011, 04:36 PM
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1158/wqwve.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/wqwve.jpg/)

From an Expo thing in Las Vegas that opens tomorrow..... the same expo that has something being revealed from The Dark Knight Rises and has the first look at the Logo for the upcoming Man Of Steel

LtColCarter
June 13th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I really hope it lives up to the hype.

As do I.

Sp!der
June 14th, 2011, 09:48 AM
As do I.

And me.

Sp!der
June 14th, 2011, 10:00 AM
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1158/wqwve.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/wqwve.jpg/)

From an Expo thing in Las Vegas that opens tomorrow..... the same expo that has something being revealed from The Dark Knight Rises and has the first look at the Logo for the upcoming Man Of Steel

I want that as a poster, now!

Dr Lee
July 6th, 2011, 12:38 AM
I don't have a link to back this up, but i've been told that there is a 'Brand new trailer with serious awesome issues' set to be revealed about the time the SDCC is on later this month....

and my source quickly muted himself when i asked if he'd seen it yet or not LOL

LtColCarter
July 6th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I don't have a link to back this up, but i've been told that there is a 'Brand new trailer with serious awesome issues' set to be revealed about the time the SDCC is on later this month....

Hmmmm....interesting!

TheRandomOne
July 6th, 2011, 06:07 PM

From what is being said. They are still editing the trailer in question to add in newly shot footage & that after they show the trailer at Comic Con it will be online right away. So who knows if true or not ?

the fifth man
July 6th, 2011, 08:47 PM
From what is being said. They are still editing the trailer in question to add in newly shot footage & that after they show the trailer at Comic Con it will be online right away. So who knows if true or not ?

That sure works for me. I will definitely be looking out for it.

Dr Lee
July 7th, 2011, 02:18 AM

the person who told me the rough date is involved with Paramount in Russia.... and has revealed a motherload of great Captain America stuff in the last few months...so he knows what he's talking about.... unless they've changed things after he's been told :lol:

i'm hearing anything from the 23rd to the 29th as being the reveal date of the trailer....

TheRandomOne
July 7th, 2011, 03:59 AM
the person who told me the rough date is involved with Paramount in Russia.... and has revealed a motherload of great Captain America stuff in the last few months...so he knows what he's talking about.... unless they've changed things after he's been told :lol:

i'm hearing anything from the 23rd to the 29th as being the reveal date of the trailer....

Well either way it is nice of them to include us online fans by putting the trailer online unlike most other companies. If its true anyway

Artha O'neill
July 17th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Low-Quality Teaser Trailer For The Avengers Finally Hits The Net!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=42030

Madwelshboy
July 18th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Even though the quality was crap.... The Avengers teaser trailer is awesome.. bring on May 2012!!

morrismike
July 18th, 2011, 04:45 PM
But the Hulk does talk, and is intelligent. I just think the movies sometimes make him "dumber" than he really is. But either way I love the Hulk.

I just love how the Hulk is portrayed in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The current Avengers cartoon.
Usually a coherent Hulk is a dangerous hulk.

SaberBlade
July 19th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Chris Evans was giving an interview (found it on Yahoo) and he says that they're half way through The Avengers and they finish filming in September.

LtColCarter
July 19th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Chris Evans was giving an interview (found it on Yahoo) and he says that they're half way through The Avengers and they finish filming in September.

Yay!

the fifth man
July 19th, 2011, 07:12 PM

Nice! I can't wait for a nice sneak peak at that.

JTVaughn
July 20th, 2011, 04:28 AM
I haven't been this excited about a movie for a long time. Probably since Dark Knight. I'm unashamedly a Whedon/RDJ fanboy, and everything I've read or heard has been great. I'm not even that interesting in superheroes or Marvel.