Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Atlantis Movie will only be 10-minutes, but Amazing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Atlantis Movie will only be 10-minutes, but Amazing!

[In the Atlantis Conference Room]
    Shep: So why are we here?
    Rodney: We have a big problem-
    Shep: -I assumed you didn't call us all in here to chat-
    Rodney: Have you ever wondered why we've detected under 100 Wraith warships in Pegasus after all of these years. That may be a lot, but this is the race that overwhelmed the Ancients, and we've seen what Ancient Warships and Atlantis itself can do to Wraith Hives.
    Woolsey: I was under the impression that we understood their reduced numbers were due to infighting in times of scarce resources.
    Rodney: Yes, yes, but still, a CityShip or Aurora with relatively unlimited ZPMs, which the Lanteans had, would be able to withstand unimaginable amounts of punishment, even if infighting cut their fleet in half, the numbers still don't add up.
    Shep: So what are you trying to say, you've found out what happened to the other Wraith Warships?
    Rodney: No, all of them.
    Shep: What do you mean all of them? I'm pretty sure we already knew the location of plenty of Hives.
    Rodney: I've recently uncovered evidence that indicates that Hiveships did not comprise the bulk of the firepower behind the Wraith Armada during their war with the Ancients. Yes, they served as the bases and the primary carriers for troops and darts, but these aren't the Wraith's Warships.
    Shep: Then where are these "Wraith Warships"?
    Rodney: Based on my calculations... Less than two weeks in hyperspace from Earth.
    [Roll Intro]

[Still in the conference room]
    Shep: What?!?
    McKay: I've come to believe that shortly after we arrived in Pegasus, the bulk of the Wraith fleet headed for Earth. Col. Sumner was compromised, but we can't know for sure how they came by its location.
    Shep: I don't understand, why would they leave their galaxy so recklessly.
    McKay: You have to remember, our first encounter with the Wraith had us at a huge disadvantage. We were using primitive projectile weapons and this was before any of our battlecruisers had made an appearance in Pegasus. We weren't considered much of a threat, and even if we were, we still didn't seem like anything the Hives couldn't handle.
    Shep: If you're right, then why have the guys still here tried to get to Earth so many times?
    McKay: They're the B-Team, the proletariat. They didn't choose to stay behind and hold the fort, but they lacked the knowledge or hyperdrive technology to make the trip. And the Wraith aristocracy wasn't about to help them along, they wanted them here to secure Pegasus anyway.
    Woolsey: It's an interesting theory Dr. McKay, but what kind of evidence do you have?
    McKay: I'm working on that. My discovery of actual schematics of Wraith Warships in the Ancient Database was what lead to this, since those things were a hell of a lot more advanced than Hives. Right now I've calibrated the long range sensors to scan Pegasus, the void, and Milky Way for their signatures. Due to the distance it's not an easy task.
    [McKay's Tablet beeps]
    McKay: Oh no. This is the first time I think I've been unhappy about being right. The Wraith Armada is 10 days outside of the Milky Way.
    Woolsey [On his comm]: Chuck, dial Earth immediately!

[O'Neill's office in D.C.]
    O'Neill (on the phone): What?!?... Are you sure?... Understood, lucky we finished it last month. I better dial them up and let them know the situation.

[A huge Wraith Armada drops out of hyperspace in Earth's solar system]
    [Odyssey stands between the Armada and Earth, even compared to a single one of the Wraith ships Odyssey's dwarfed in size, and there are dozens of enemy warships]

Carter: General, we're being hailed.
    Jack: Let's hear what they have to say.

Wraith Queen [on the monitor]: Surrender and some of you may be spared.
    Jack: Hi I'm General Jack O'Neill on the Earth Ship Odyssey. Welcome to the Milky Way, you probably didn't know this, but here, it's customary to call before visiting. Not that we're not glad to see you--but why are you here?
    Wraith Queen: To feed.
    Jack: You see, if you'd called ahead, we could have prepared some pizza for you guys, but now your going to have to wait. Don't worry though, I hear Domino's guarantees delivery in 30-minutes or less.
    Wraith Queen: Your pathetic ship will be destroyed, and your world will be culled. Your galaxy will bend before our might.
    Jack: Now why'd you have to go and say that? No one likes a bully, especially when they're at a major disadvantage.
    Wraith Queen: Disadvantage? The Ancients themselves crumbled under the might of a fleet half the size of this. Your arrogance is unwarranted, surrender!
    Jack: Ahh, yes, but the Ancients didn't have what we have. So I'll give you one last chance to turn tale back to your galaxy before things get inhospitable.
    Wraith Queen: What could your primitive world have that the Ancients didn't? I tire of your insolence. [to her crewman] Power weapons.
    Jack: Friends.
    [2 Dozen Ori Motherships and Countless Jaffa & Tok'ra Ha'taks drop out of hyperspace drenching the Wraith Warships with weapons fire]

[Back on the Odyssey's Bridge]
    Daniel: Lucky that supergate Tomin gave us was ready in time.
    Vala: He always did know how to satisfy.

[Daedalus & Apollo drop out of hyperspace behind Odyssey and join the fight]
    Carter: Daedalus is hailing.
    Jack: Put them through.
    Caldwell: Sorry we're late, but it looks like you have things under control.
    McKay (standing next to Caldwell): Is Sheppard there with you?
    Jack: No we left him on Earth.
    McKay: Why? You had him gate back to Earth ahead of us, I figured he'd be advising you on Wraith battle strategy. If you didn't need his help we could have u-
    [distant explosions]
    [Cut back to space, a stream of drones coming from Earth tears through the already battered Wraith Armada]
    McKay: Never mind.

[The Wraith fleet is gone, the flagship is all that remains, and it is badly damaged]
    Jack: I tried to warn you.
    Wraith Queen: How... foolish of me. Please spare us, we no longer pose a threat to you, we surrender.
    Jack: Okay. You just have to do us a favor. You're the grand puba among the Wraith, right? I need you to place a long distance phonecall for me, we'll patch you through...

[Atlantis Control Room]
    Zelenka: Mr. Woolsey, we've been getting reports from all of our offworld teams and the Travellers that all Wraith ships seem to be landing on a single planet.
    Woolsey: What are they doing there?
    Zelenka: From all signs... it looks like they're hibernating...?
    Last edited by Ripple in Space; 15 October 2008, 07:18 PM.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

LOL reminds me of how the Enterprise managed to defeat the Borg in BOBW
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

i liked the basic concept but the solution i didint like, i mean how about a little more rising action like them stopping at some jaffa controlled planet for some appetizers and perhaps a longer space batle with both sides taking damage. and maybe throw in an asgard beam weapon satalite network and take out the ori ships, but keep the jaffa ones.

also, i found an even easier solution to how you can destroy the ships, have the odessy lock onto a couple hundred of the U.S. nukes with the beaming technology and beam them into the enemy ships.i mean technically these wraith havent ever established the jamming codes and based on the last time, it should take a few hours for them to and by then it will be too late. but of course if they ever did make a movie about this they would" forget" about this solution because it would make too much sense.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I like it! Of course, I'd prefer a slightly longer movie, but if this could be stretched out a bit, it'd be cooler. well done.
        sigpic

Comment

Come on, that ten minutes can easily be stretched into an hour and a half.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
            i liked the basic concept but the solution i didint like, i mean how about a little more rising action like them stopping at some jaffa controlled planet for some appetizers and perhaps a longer space batle with both sides taking damage. and maybe throw in an asgard beam weapon satalite network and take out the ori ships, but keep the jaffa ones.

also, i found an even easier solution to how you can destroy the ships, have the odessy lock onto a couple hundred of the U.S. nukes with the beaming technology and beam them into the enemy ships.i mean technically these wraith havent ever established the jamming codes and based on the last time, it should take a few hours for them to and by then it will be too late. but of course if they ever did make a movie about this they would" forget" about this solution because it would make too much sense.
            Great points. I think the Ori are necessary, because even with them, it's a stretch that Earth would dominate dozens of powerful Wraith Warships. Without them it would be even more doubtful.

Good point with the beaming nukes too, but I was assuming that these Wraith Ships are lightly shielded (pre-Anubis Ha'tak level shielding).

I was also assuming that the battle would be more elaborate than described. The Jaffa & Tok'ra would suffer loses, their only contribution is their sheer numbers (kind or ironic since that's the Wraith battle strategy). But weapons more powerful than Hive weapons could surely kill a Ha'tak in a large volley assault.
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

I'll take the ten minutes as long as the effects are freaking amazing.

Comment

I like the idea behind the story, but as others have mentioned having it could be stretched out over 90 minutes or so.
                Like stargater1990 said it would be cool to see a network of defense satellites in Earth's orbit.
                What if some new fighters or an Earth Human equivalent to an Alkesh were introduced that use Asgard tech like shields and have scaled down versions of the big plasma cannon weapons the Balistna and O'Neill class ships had.
                We could upgrade a few Tok'ra and Jaffa ships shields to give them a bit of a better chance against the Wraith too.
                I think that would be pretty sweet

Comment

I love'd that idea from the first time...This is one of the best movie ideas with planty of action. And the movie could be as long as 90 min w/o any problems. Especialy final batle scene is just awsome!!!!

Idea about Odyssey with more asgard tech of O'Neill class warships is even more atractive, because O'Neill is in charge of Odyssey after all!

I like'd the idea of ori ships, because they're even more powerful then auroras was or at least the same, so this would make some balance thing as well as ancients drones from platform in antarctica. Jaffa's and Tok'ra could came up maybe with new more advanced ships(not goul'd design) with powerfull shield technology and weapons fire.
                  The cake is a lie...

Comment

I love the 10 minutes as is - absolutely great

I mean, seriously, who would add silly, common, boring plot line developers to that jewel???
                    "Wøøf!"

Comment

nice story if they do it like you wrote and the effects are amazing it could be the best SG movie off all times

Comment

I like some of the elements but the "OMG! look what I just found in the nick of time!" is kinda bothering me
                        "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Nice read. I don't mean to poke holes in it but I think the Apollo or Daedy may have noticed the warships on their many trips to and from Pegasus.

Comment

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it mentioned at some point that you couldn't track a ship while it was in hyper-space? Meaning the Daedalus or Apollo probably couldn't have picked them up unless the ships had dropped out of hyper-space at the exact time they passed close enough to detect them.

Definitely like the idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by SiphonTalvesh View Post
                              Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it mentioned at some point that you couldn't track a ship while it was in hyper-space? Meaning the Daedalus or Apollo probably couldn't have picked them up unless the ships had dropped out of hyper-space at the exact time they passed close enough to detect them.

Definitely like the idea though.
                              We have asgards tech, which allows us to track movement in hyperspace.
                              The cake is a lie...

Comment

Working...
                              X